Pain?.... 2 years later

2»

Comments

• susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930

Tasha, I am so sorry you are
    Tasha, I am so sorry you are having continuing problems, as it seems that there should be a time limit on how long we should endure all of the side effects that hit us after treatment (not to mention during treatment). I can surely sympathize with you, as my treatment began April 2008, and I think as time goes on my pain levels seem to have increased. After treatment was completed for me (chemo and rads), then started the hormone theraphy (which I finally gave up on after six months). Then came my diagnosis of tardive dyskinesia caused by taking a nausea drug Reglan during chemo. Those symptoms will be with me forever (neuropathy in my mouth, constant uncontrollable muscle movement in the mouth and fingers and toes), and then about four months ago here comes a bone spur that was removed from my shoulder, and I am still suffering with the pain from that. Talk about never ending. You are right, it isn't fair to have to deal with this pain so far out of treatment, but we each have our own road to travel, no matter how easy or hard it may be. Tasha, you have always been an inspiration to those of us who have gone through this process, and along the way I could tell that you were struggling with different aspects of the treatment. Don't give up on finding a way to get comfortable with your own body. The doctors are there for a reason....to help us through treatment. And treatment doesn't end when they remove the cancer, it continues until we can get ourself in a state of comfortableness. Stay after them until you are comfortable, and functoning as you want to function. There are just too many drugs out there to treat all kinds of things you describe.....something has to work. Also, the physical exercising works for me at times, so give that a try as well. I knew going into treatment that there were going to be hard times ahead, and I can tell you that I think I have had my share. However, each day brings me courage that I didn't know was there, and each day I am determined to beat whatever is thrown at me. Hang in there girl.....we are all here to listen, give strength, and advice when necessary. You are deserving of a comfortable life, and you can achieve this with just a word to the right person...there is help out there. I send lots of hugs your way, and will continue to do so until you no longer need them (hopefully that will be soon). We all love you. Hugs again. Judy

Sorry Tasha
    I am so sorry Tasha that you are having this pain and feeling so down. I hope that by seeing all of us bc survivors supporting you and offering you help will cheer you up and let you know that you are not alone. Please post soon and let us know how you are doing now. We are here for you.

♠♣ Christmas Susie ♠♣
  • marywest
    marywest Member Posts: 132
    Neuropathy
    Tasha, the same thing has happened to me. I came down with the most excutiating pain I have ever in my life experienced and lost all strenght in my legs. It was horrible. My pain doctor referred me to a neurologist, (exuse the bad spelling) He said it happens to 1 out a hundred. The chemo destroyed nerve endings. The pain and weakness is from that. He said nerve damage is very very slow to heal. In my case because it just affected my legs, he said it would take up to at least two years to recover and then we wont' know how much will be restored. I have been on strong pain medication, only thing that works, we tried lyrica but that caused sever joing pains in my hands anyway every month I have been able to reduce medication. I got real sad and couldnt' stop crying, felt as though I was worthless. Tired, fatigued and in pain. It wears you down. Good news is she put me on medication for my emotions and it puts me to sleep, its seroquel. She said if that doesn't work there are 50 more to choose from. Seroquel makes me groggy, but still taking it. I am not sure if you are on anything like that, but suggest you talk to your doctor. Somethings we cannot prevent things or we would of. A cheerful heart is so important, as you know. Being able to sleep, being able to like yourself, and not feeling worthless is so important. You are number one, please talk to your doctor. We dont' have to live in a rut. I have not cried for two monthe except for tears of
    joy and thats how it should be. I dont' know how much nerve damage you have, but like i said it was explained over and over again to me that it is slow to heal, and i am healing. I can move around more this month than I could last month. Because I cannot go back to work I have found new hobbies, I am making jewelry and cards that are beautiful. I am doing things that brings me joy and I feel worthy now. In spite of where we are physicaly there is a way to get out of it and live life instead of nothing. Darkness turns to daylight, sadness turns to joy from feeling unworthy to being fullfilled, my thoughts of me have turned to thinking of what i can do for others. I didnt' have that, now I do, and so can you. Its available for your life to turn around. I have you in my heart and prayers, God makes a way when there is no way, and he is preparing that for you now. Love and support to you!!! Mary
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    marywest said:

Neuropathy
    Tasha, the same thing has happened to me. I came down with the most excutiating pain I have ever in my life experienced and lost all strenght in my legs. It was horrible. My pain doctor referred me to a neurologist, (exuse the bad spelling) He said it happens to 1 out a hundred. The chemo destroyed nerve endings. The pain and weakness is from that. He said nerve damage is very very slow to heal. In my case because it just affected my legs, he said it would take up to at least two years to recover and then we wont' know how much will be restored. I have been on strong pain medication, only thing that works, we tried lyrica but that caused sever joing pains in my hands anyway every month I have been able to reduce medication. I got real sad and couldnt' stop crying, felt as though I was worthless. Tired, fatigued and in pain. It wears you down. Good news is she put me on medication for my emotions and it puts me to sleep, its seroquel. She said if that doesn't work there are 50 more to choose from. Seroquel makes me groggy, but still taking it. I am not sure if you are on anything like that, but suggest you talk to your doctor. Somethings we cannot prevent things or we would of. A cheerful heart is so important, as you know. Being able to sleep, being able to like yourself, and not feeling worthless is so important. You are number one, please talk to your doctor. We dont' have to live in a rut. I have not cried for two monthe except for tears of
    joy and thats how it should be. I dont' know how much nerve damage you have, but like i said it was explained over and over again to me that it is slow to heal, and i am healing. I can move around more this month than I could last month. Because I cannot go back to work I have found new hobbies, I am making jewelry and cards that are beautiful. I am doing things that brings me joy and I feel worthy now. In spite of where we are physicaly there is a way to get out of it and live life instead of nothing. Darkness turns to daylight, sadness turns to joy from feeling unworthy to being fullfilled, my thoughts of me have turned to thinking of what i can do for others. I didnt' have that, now I do, and so can you. Its available for your life to turn around. I have you in my heart and prayers, God makes a way when there is no way, and he is preparing that for you now. Love and support to you!!! Mary

How are you doing today
    How are you doing today Tasha? Any better? Look at all of your support here!

Debby