did it

shortscake
shortscake Member Posts: 228
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
hello and how is everyone? well to day at chemo i did it i broke down and cried they explain that i will have to use oxygen when i am out of the house because i keep getting short of breath, for some reason this hit me so very hard and i don't know why, when i got home a guy from home heath came and brought me like 6 things of oxygen this hit me so hard that every time i think of it i cry. i have had chemo 4times with any side effects other then being a little tried on the 3day oh ya every time i sit down to long i am sleep like and old lady. the doctor also got a little upset because i have lot a pound from last Monday he said he don't want me losing any weight i expand to him that i eat only can eat small meals if i eat a lot i get very sick.he was like OK eat like 6times a day and i am looking at him like he is cray if i drink a Gatorade i am full for hours. also doctor said that i might have 3months of chemo. Is that a lot of chemo? he said right now that is my plan.sorry for the vent just so upset.hope everyone had a good day.

Comments

• cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    (((HUGS)))
    So sorry you're having such a rough time of it.

The only thing I can say is to just try to take the best care of yourself that you can. Don't worry about what's not getting done, and eat when you are able to, and cry when you need to. Have you tried high calorie/high protien shakes to get more nutrition in without feeling as full?

Hang in there, sweetie. You'll get through this!
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762

(((HUGS)))

The only thing I can say is to just try to take the best care of yourself that you can. Don't worry about what's not getting done, and eat when you are able to, and cry when you need to. Have you tried high calorie/high protien shakes to get more nutrition in without feeling as full?

drugs for depression....
    My onc said this is the time for Xanax and it's been there for me when I get that crying jag going. I only need a half a pill but it's helping my brain get by the STOP sign that tries to make me sit down and feel sorry for myself and cry all day. YES you NEED to do that sometimes, but don't let it take over if you can help it.

I'm so sorry you're going through this. My sister is on oxygen now, too and she has lost about 40 lbs, has no appetite and falls asleep, just like you. I'm going to see her on WEd.
    Any advice about what I can bring her? What do you wish someone would bring for you?
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867

(((HUGS)))

Aw Shortscake ♥

I am so sorry that this is so rough on you. You have the sweetest little face. I hate to even think of your body going thru this. Try to eat what you can when you can. You can only do what your body will allow you, irregardless of what your oncologist says. Try some protein drinks and anything that has a lot of calories in it. Hope you feel better! I am here for you, so, you vent whenever you want to. OK?

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • shortscake
    Mama G said:

drugs for depression....
    My onc said this is the time for Xanax and it's been there for me when I get that crying jag going. I only need a half a pill but it's helping my brain get by the STOP sign that tries to make me sit down and feel sorry for myself and cry all day. YES you NEED to do that sometimes, but don't let it take over if you can help it.

I'm so sorry you're going through this. My sister is on oxygen now, too and she has lost about 40 lbs, has no appetite and falls asleep, just like you. I'm going to see her on WEd.
    Any advice about what I can bring her? What do you wish someone would bring for you?

what i wish someone can bring me is
    Good question MamaG, right now what i wish someone would bring me is a strawberry milkshake a nice thick one, i pray for a cure for the bc..lol..i guess one thing at a time.
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Jeanne D said:

Aw Shortscake ♥

I am so sorry that this is so rough on you. You have the sweetest little face. I hate to even think of your body going thru this. Try to eat what you can when you can. You can only do what your body will allow you, irregardless of what your oncologist says. Try some protein drinks and anything that has a lot of calories in it. Hope you feel better! I am here for you, so, you vent whenever you want to. OK?

Love, Jeanne ♥

Hi shortscake, Milkshakes
    Hi shortscake, Milkshakes are good. I found eating small meals a few times a day worked well for me. Are you on nausea medicine ? If you are make sure you take the meds even if you think you don't need to. If you don't have the meds, get some. I also was sick about day 3 after ac chemo treatment. The nausea meds did there job. I just did not feel much like eating, nothing tasted good to me. Milkshakes did. Good Luck, hang in there, Hugs
  • marywest
    marywest Member Posts: 132
    its just not easy
    It isn't a bad idea to talk to your doctor about the crying, they put me on elixifor without me asking for anything, she was concerned and said Mary during chemo you have so many ups and downs and this will just help you feel better. I am a very positive person and didnt' thing I needed it but filled the prescription anyway, then I would walk in the grocery store and just start crying. I would see a friend and of coars the first thing they asked was how am I doing, I would say great then start weeping, I took the pills, and thank God I did. About milkshakes, I wanted them to, my daughter loaded me up with frozen strawberries, blueberris, fresh bananas etc. and in a little blender she made me small shakes when ever I wanted one. Then I took it another step further, started mixing in protein powder. High protein is important, its an idea to have those foods when you have the desire. Keeping you in my prayers, God Bless, its going to be ok.
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Jeanne D said:

Aw Shortscake ♥

Love, Jeanne ♥

Hey Shorts
    Sorry about the

Hey Shorts
    Sorry about the oxygen thing. I know that must be scary. But remember it's all due to the chemo and the chemo is not forever. I did mine once every three weeks for 6 treatments.So 3 months doesn't sound unusual.
    Dee
  • shortscake
    dyaneb123 said:

Hey Shorts
    Sorry about the

Hey Shorts
    Sorry about the oxygen thing. I know that must be scary. But remember it's all due to the chemo and the chemo is not forever. I did mine once every three weeks for 6 treatments.So 3 months doesn't sound unusual.
    Dee

treatment
    I do treatment every Monday for 4hours, right now i am on medical leave from work don't know how long they are going to hold my job with Georgia being a right to work state, I guess if they don't hold my job i guess i will have to apply for ssi or disability to have some kind of income and still be able to get the treatment i need.
  • Lynda53
    Lynda53 Member Posts: 210
    shortcakes, sending you a strawberry milkshake
    First, can you call someone for a milkshake?
    Try small meals, really small. I was scheduled for 18 weeks of chemo so 3 months will be okay. I too was on/off oxygen. Remember it is only temporary, you got to breathe, right?
    I am sorry you are having a hard time right now, and know it will get better as you get better. As has been said, take the pre and post chemo pills. I had no nausea.
    Sending you positive vibes and healing wishes. Peace
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Lynda53 said:

shortcakes, sending you a strawberry milkshake
    First, can you call someone for a milkshake?
    Try small meals, really small. I was scheduled for 18 weeks of chemo so 3 months will be okay. I too was on/off oxygen. Remember it is only temporary, you got to breathe, right?
    I am sorry you are having a hard time right now, and know it will get better as you get better. As has been said, take the pre and post chemo pills. I had no nausea.
    Sending you positive vibes and healing wishes. Peace

Shortcakes
    Just sending you some hugs Shortcakes! If I could send a milkshake or protein drink thru this www, I would. Try to stay positive and post and vent on here whenever you need to.

Hugs, Debby
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    DebbyM said:

Shortcakes
    Just sending you some hugs Shortcakes! If I could send a milkshake or protein drink thru this www, I would. Try to stay positive and post and vent on here whenever you need to.

Hugs, Debby

Sending you a virtual
    Sending you a virtual milkshake, I wish i lived near you and I could bring you an actual one. did they say why the chemo is making you short of breath? How much longer do you have to go? Hugs to you
  • shortscake
    carkris said:

Sending you a virtual
    Sending you a virtual milkshake, I wish i lived near you and I could bring you an actual one. did they say why the chemo is making you short of breath? How much longer do you have to go? Hugs to you

short of breath
    I was told the reason that i am short of breath is that my cancer is also in my lungs but was told that its not lung cancer, the chemo will kill the cancer that is in my lungs,that is how they found the bc i had a very bad strong cough that i could not get rid of so they did a ct of the chest and found the bc, right now the have me on oxgyen when i am outside of the house.
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941

short of breath
    I was told the reason that i am short of breath is that my cancer is also in my lungs but was told that its not lung cancer, the chemo will kill the cancer that is in my lungs,that is how they found the bc i had a very bad strong cough that i could not get rid of so they did a ct of the chest and found the bc, right now the have me on oxgyen when i am outside of the house.

Shortscake I'm sending
    Shortscake I'm sending loving prayers your way. Here is saying I use for me and others, if God brought you to it, He'll get you through it! I dont believe God causes cancer, but if we reach out to him He'll help get us through this. ((prayers and hugs)) to you.
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Hi Shortscake
    I didn't need to have oxygen, but like you I did (and still do) fall asleep like an old lady when I sit. 6 months out of treatment and the doctor says its normal. My Mom stayed w/me thru treatments and she made a lot of soup for me. I couldn't swallow anything whole because by chewing it it made me sick, but real soft fresh veggies in the soup slid down easily and hopefully gave me the nourishment I needed. The oncologist also said to drink stuff with electrolytes in them, ginger ale, root beer, and jello. So i lived on the ginger ale, soup and jello and lost close to 60 pounds and survived it. So will you!!!! Just do what you can to make yourself feel better. Sleep when you are tired, sit when your legs and back hurts. I used to keep saying over and over "this too shall pass" and it does. Please keep us informed on how you are doing.
    Hugs - Pat
  • LT
    LT Member Posts: 31
    padee6339 said:

Hi Shortscake
    I didn't need to have oxygen, but like you I did (and still do) fall asleep like an old lady when I sit. 6 months out of treatment and the doctor says its normal. My Mom stayed w/me thru treatments and she made a lot of soup for me. I couldn't swallow anything whole because by chewing it it made me sick, but real soft fresh veggies in the soup slid down easily and hopefully gave me the nourishment I needed. The oncologist also said to drink stuff with electrolytes in them, ginger ale, root beer, and jello. So i lived on the ginger ale, soup and jello and lost close to 60 pounds and survived it. So will you!!!! Just do what you can to make yourself feel better. Sleep when you are tired, sit when your legs and back hurts. I used to keep saying over and over "this too shall pass" and it does. Please keep us informed on how you are doing.
    Hugs - Pat

I can't eat either
    for the first 10 days after chemo. I don't throw up but have this oily feeling inside - like taking castor oil - that doesn't go away. The ONLY thing that tasted semi-normal is chocolate milk. So after calls, days of no eating, etc. we came up with vanilla Ensure, vanilla ice cream and chocolate milk for a milkshake. Doc said 3 cans of ENsure a day would give me nutrients I need. I could only stomach 1/2 can in a shake though. This is my good week and I'd come fix one up for you if I could! A woman who's been through this told me to let those people who say "Call me if I can help you" actually do something for you - makes them feel better too. Doesn't take long to make a milkshake and she could even make a couple extra and put them in the freezer for you. Hang in there!