Praise the Lord

rrogers34
rrogers34 Member Posts: 135
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I know some of you may not understand this, but i thank God for my bc. I serve an awesome God and when my mother -in law said "you dont deserve this". I said why not? I am no different than anyone else. I am blessed to have the Lord Jesus Christ guiding the Doctors and my treatment. He has given me a peace I cant explain. That does not mean I dont get scared and overwhelmed because I do. Mt surgery is Wed and I appreciate your prayers and support. I will keep all of you in my prayers as well. God wants me to learn something from this and I am going to try to let go and let God. I am praying that is has not reached my lymphnodes, but if so, The Lord has provided a wonderful set of sisters (all of you) to share, cry, and talk to. You all are so wonderful and I am glad that I found this site, even though I had to have BC to find it. Girls we are fighters, we have a purpose. God said he would never give us more than we can handle. when we cant handle it, he will carry us. I would like for you to remember Mike a friend of mine at church. He lost his son (34 yrs) old two years ago in February. He has just been diagnosed with Prostrate Cancer. Early stages. He is having a difficult time as well. Thank you so much for all of your responses, your thoughts. Wow I am amazed at the support. I am proud to be in this sisterhood and if ever I can be of any help I will. Be sure you all will be in my prayers as well. God Bless each of you wonderful warriors. Af ter the surgery I will seek a second opinion regarding treatment options. If it is felt that a mastectomy would be better, hopefully I can schedule that at a later date.

Comments

• Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    You will be in our prayers
    You will be in our prayers Wednesday. Are you having a lumpectomy? Sorry that you have to go thru this at all. Just wanted to let you know you're in a company of angels, loving supportive souls who take joy in lifting each other up. I've heard people ask "Why You?". I think, "Why not me", I'm no more special than anyone else on earth, even tho I'd like to be. We don't always have a choice when something happens in our lives, we can only choose how we're going to respond to it. So, dear rrogrs, you have our prayers and we wait to hear the good news after your surgery is over with. Keep us posted.
  • rrogers34
    rrogers34 Member Posts: 135
    Sunrae said:

You will be in our prayers
    You will be in our prayers Wednesday. Are you having a lumpectomy? Sorry that you have to go thru this at all. Just wanted to let you know you're in a company of angels, loving supportive souls who take joy in lifting each other up. I've heard people ask "Why You?". I think, "Why not me", I'm no more special than anyone else on earth, even tho I'd like to be. We don't always have a choice when something happens in our lives, we can only choose how we're going to respond to it. So, dear rrogrs, you have our prayers and we wait to hear the good news after your surgery is over with. Keep us posted.

Praise The Lord
    Yes, I am having a lumpectomy. I had resigned myself that I would have a mastectomy, however, when I had my MRI after my original diagnosis, they found something in my right breast. I had my surigcal consult Thursday and at that time I did not know the results of the MRI. My surgeon was against my having a mastectomy. We agreed that if the MRI came back positive for Cancer that it would be a double mastecotmy, if not, a lumpectomy. I asked God for his will be done whichever.. It came back negative, Praise the Lord.. so it's a lumpectomy. They will do a sentinal node biospy. Now I am praying that it has not spread to my lymphnodes. I am handing it over to God. I still find myself doubting my decision, especially when I read those with lumpectomy have reoccurances. I have to place faith in God or I would go crazy. I am scared and yet I have peace. They are also going to remove the benign lump in my right breast and test the lymphnodes. It's amazing how that one word can "Cancer" can change your life. Thank you for your support and prayers.
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    rrogers34 said:

Praise The Lord
    Yes, I am having a lumpectomy. I had resigned myself that I would have a mastectomy, however, when I had my MRI after my original diagnosis, they found something in my right breast. I had my surigcal consult Thursday and at that time I did not know the results of the MRI. My surgeon was against my having a mastectomy. We agreed that if the MRI came back positive for Cancer that it would be a double mastecotmy, if not, a lumpectomy. I asked God for his will be done whichever.. It came back negative, Praise the Lord.. so it's a lumpectomy. They will do a sentinal node biospy. Now I am praying that it has not spread to my lymphnodes. I am handing it over to God. I still find myself doubting my decision, especially when I read those with lumpectomy have reoccurances. I have to place faith in God or I would go crazy. I am scared and yet I have peace. They are also going to remove the benign lump in my right breast and test the lymphnodes. It's amazing how that one word can "Cancer" can change your life. Thank you for your support and prayers.

Will be thinking of you and
    Will be thinking of you and saying a prayer Wed. as you go thru surgery. Pray that you come thru the surgery well and heal up quickly. Lumpectomy with radiation afterwards has about the same reoccurrence percent as a masectomy, or at least that's what I'm understanding from the posts here. Maybe someone else can post and let you know their experiences. If you don't get much response, start another post with a different heading, maybe something like "Surgery Wednesday, Need Your thoughts and Prayers". Cancer does change everything when it comes into your life, not only your life, but the lives of those around you. You are strong and will come thru this and be fine. You have faith and you will make it. Keep us posted as to how you're doing and take care of yourself.
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    rrogers34 said:

Praise The Lord

First let me say you are
    First let me say you are very strong. I also had a lumpectomy. I had 2 of 22 nodes positive. I was told that the reoccurance between mastectomy and lumpectomy are about the same. Its just one could comes back in the breast tissue or elsewhere, and the other somewhere else because there is no breast tissue. Good luck to you and will keep you in my prayers.
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Hi rrogers
    Wishing you well on your surgery Wednesday. Faith helps for me too.