Hey Maureen ♥
    Be sure and keep us updated on how you are doing...ok? Love, Jeanne ♥
  • EveningStar2
    EveningStar2 Member Posts: 491 Member
    Jeanne D said:

Hey Maureen ♥
    Be sure and keep us updated on how you are doing...ok? Love, Jeanne ♥

Sitting
    on my butt, going in to have my blood drawn once a day and fighting with the nasal cannula. The cats think it's great, all 3 of them are piled on me.

Maureen
  • always
    always Member Posts: 256

Sitting
    on my butt, going in to have my blood drawn once a day and fighting with the nasal cannula. The cats think it's great, all 3 of them are piled on me.

Maureen

Like everyone else. I am glad you were able to get treatment quickly. Hope your recovery is quick. Best wishes and prayers are coming your way.

becky
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    always said:

Like everyone else. I am glad you were able to get treatment quickly. Hope your recovery is quick. Best wishes and prayers are coming your way.

becky

Glad you are ok Maureen! So
    Glad you are ok Maureen! So happy that you got treatment so fast! Sending you hugs!
  • jk1952
    jk1952 Member Posts: 613
    Kylez said:

Glad you are ok Maureen! So
    Glad you are ok Maureen! So happy that you got treatment so fast! Sending you hugs!

Just bumping this up for
    Just bumping this up for marywest.

Joyce
  • crselby
    crselby Member Posts: 441 Member
    clots and tamox and second opinions
    Quick thinking and good care got you this far on something that could have been terrible! I'm sorry this happened to you, since you were only doing what you thought was best and what 'they' told you to do. Sending good vibes for your full recovery with no more side effects from the Tamoxifen or the blood thinners! Hang in there and recover well.

Makes me rethink my decision. I see the med onc Monday for a 'check back' appt. Maybe I'll ask him more questions about the statistics. Maybe I should get a second opinion. Has anyone done that on hormone therapy issues? Do the docs just agree with each other on principle, making second opinions a waste of time and money?
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    crselby said:

clots and tamox and second opinions
    Quick thinking and good care got you this far on something that could have been terrible! I'm sorry this happened to you, since you were only doing what you thought was best and what 'they' told you to do. Sending good vibes for your full recovery with no more side effects from the Tamoxifen or the blood thinners! Hang in there and recover well.

Makes me rethink my decision. I see the med onc Monday for a 'check back' appt. Maybe I'll ask him more questions about the statistics. Maybe I should get a second opinion. Has anyone done that on hormone therapy issues? Do the docs just agree with each other on principle, making second opinions a waste of time and money?

Saw this thread and just am
    Saw this thread and just am hoping that you are doing better Maureen. Tamoxifen and its side effects are scary. Good luck!

Debby
  • EveningStar2
    DebbyM said:

Saw this thread and just am
    Saw this thread and just am hoping that you are doing better Maureen. Tamoxifen and its side effects are scary. Good luck!

Debby

doing OK
    It's been 16 days and I'm still on O2 but doing OK. I'm 600 miles from home seeing my kids for the holidays and driving home today. I'm going back to work Monday night with O2 in a backpack. I'm a nurse, I'm out of leave time and I'm losing my mind--I *need* to be back to work and my GP agrees. Work needs me bad enough that they agreed too. I only need the O2 with exertion, I'm fine at rest. Keep your fingers crossed for me!]

Maureen
  • sausageroll
    sausageroll Member Posts: 415

doing OK
    It's been 16 days and I'm still on O2 but doing OK. I'm 600 miles from home seeing my kids for the holidays and driving home today. I'm going back to work Monday night with O2 in a backpack. I'm a nurse, I'm out of leave time and I'm losing my mind--I *need* to be back to work and my GP agrees. Work needs me bad enough that they agreed too. I only need the O2 with exertion, I'm fine at rest. Keep your fingers crossed for me!]

Maureen

They're crossed!
    My fingers are crossed for you Maureen and I will be hoping all goes well for you back at work. You seem to be taking this all so well...I really admire you. Are you driving 600 miles alone??
    Take care and good luck on Monday.
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570

doing OK

Maureen

Fingers crossed! xoxoxox
    Fingers crossed! xoxoxox Lynn
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    lynn1950 said:

Fingers crossed! xoxoxox
    Fingers crossed! xoxoxox Lynn

Maureen, I am so sorry you
    Maureen, I am so sorry you have been having these major problems, but glad to hear that the diagnosis was made quickly, and you are doing well. I know that there are many problems connected to the Tamoxifen, and that is what makes it so hard to follow instructions from your oncologist.....you just never know if you are going to be one of those who are lucky enough to have the extreme se's. Please stay safe, and know we are all interested in your well being in the future. You mentioned you lived in New Mexico....where? I was in Ruidoso for about 8-1/2 years, and loved it there. What a beautiful state. Good luck to you, and hugs sent your way. Take it easy Monday.

Judy
  • EveningStar2

They're crossed!
    My fingers are crossed for you Maureen and I will be hoping all goes well for you back at work. You seem to be taking this all so well...I really admire you. Are you driving 600 miles alone??
    Take care and good luck on Monday.

Heavens no!
    Although it might have easier! My husband, my 17 year old and I went to see the other 3 kids and spouses/grandkid/cats/dogs. We just home.

Maureen
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member

doing OK

Maureen

My fingers are crossed and
    My fingers are crossed and it's Monday now so I hope you're doing okay at work. Take care and let us know.
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member

doing OK

Maureen

Oh no!
    Maureen, I'm so sorry to read this news. What a crappy thing to have happened, but I'm glad you still got to see your kids for Thanksgiving. I wish you the best at work today. Please try not to overdo it. Let us know when you can. We are thinking of you.

Mimi
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    mimivac said:

Oh no!
    Maureen, I'm so sorry to read this news. What a crappy thing to have happened, but I'm glad you still got to see your kids for Thanksgiving. I wish you the best at work today. Please try not to overdo it. Let us know when you can. We are thinking of you.

Mimi

you are brave to make that
    you are brave to make that long trip, try not to overdo it at work, I hope this resolves soon!!!!!!
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    carkris said:

you are brave to make that
    you are brave to make that long trip, try not to overdo it at work, I hope this resolves soon!!!!!!

Maureen, I am so glad that
    Maureen, I am so glad that you are ok!

Lex♥
  • EveningStar2

Maureen, I am so sorry you
    Maureen, I am so sorry you have been having these major problems, but glad to hear that the diagnosis was made quickly, and you are doing well. I know that there are many problems connected to the Tamoxifen, and that is what makes it so hard to follow instructions from your oncologist.....you just never know if you are going to be one of those who are lucky enough to have the extreme se's. Please stay safe, and know we are all interested in your well being in the future. You mentioned you lived in New Mexico....where? I was in Ruidoso for about 8-1/2 years, and loved it there. What a beautiful state. Good luck to you, and hugs sent your way. Take it easy Monday.

Judy

FYI
    There is snow in Ruidoso--9 inches the news just said. It really hit the south part of the state.
    Maureen
  • EveningStar2
    mimivac said:

Oh no!

Mimi

work
    Last night went OK--I work from 1930 to 0800. My back got hot & sweating from the backpack but it worked OK and none of my patients had any comments. My coworkers won't let me overdo--I work with the same people all the time and they are the ones that sent me to the ER. One perk is that I can get my blood drawn while I'm at work in the morning instead of having to make a special trip!

Maureen
  • Taina
    Taina Member Posts: 166
    OMG
    I just started Tamoxifen yesterday...
    OMG...
    I hope you feel better soon...
    I will keep my eyes open for any changes in my body...
    thanks for sharing.
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member

work
    Last night went OK--I work from 1930 to 0800. My back got hot & sweating from the backpack but it worked OK and none of my patients had any comments. My coworkers won't let me overdo--I work with the same people all the time and they are the ones that sent me to the ER. One perk is that I can get my blood drawn while I'm at work in the morning instead of having to make a special trip!

Maureen

Geesh Maureen, that had to

Geesh Maureen, that had to be so scary. I am pleased to read that you are ok now. Take care!

Kristin ♥