Ok Phil, check in when ya can...

Buzzard
Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I know that you have things going on so whenever you are able to give us a shout please do so....absense makes the heart grow fonder (did I say that ?)...LOL Just kiddin bud..hang tough, Buzzard

Comments

• grammadebbie
    grammadebbie Member Posts: 464
    Phil..you-hoo where are you?
    Dear Phil,

Sure miss you. I havn't been posting much lately but visit everday. Hope you're doing well and just taking a little break. You are such a great part of this forum and I know everyone is anxiously awaiting your return.

Blessings to you,

Debbie (gramma)
  • Julie 44
    Julie 44 Member Posts: 476 Member

Phil..you-hoo where are you?
    Dear Phil,

Sure miss you. I havn't been posting much lately but visit everday. Hope you're doing well and just taking a little break. You are such a great part of this forum and I know everyone is anxiously awaiting your return.

Blessings to you,

Debbie (gramma)

HEY PHIL
    Yeah I agree I miss hearing your input. Hope everything is ok..JULIE
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Thanks Folks
    I'm here. Just enjoying the side effects of more and more chemo. I meet tomorrow with surgeon to figure out about the RFA. After "having it easy" for 10 months on only Erbitux the CPT11 hit me kind of hard. I had forgotten how much it sucks. So now it's back to every other week until.......I don't do it every other week. Gotta love the vagueness of it all. It really pisses my wife off, I'm used to it for the most part. I get chemo until I don't get chemo.

I've just been laying low and resting and am back to work and all. Sorry I have not been able to add much input. You're all in good hands with Buzzard and all of the others.

I don't know about the rest of you but sometimes I get so sick of "cancer this, and cancer that". I know that this site is great for support and I feel a bit selfish but at the moment I don't want to think about cancer unless I have to. I'm burnt out a bit.
    I'll check in when I can.
    -phil
  • robinvan
    robinvan Member Posts: 1,012
    PhillieG said:

Thanks Folks
    I'm here. Just enjoying the side effects of more and more chemo. I meet tomorrow with surgeon to figure out about the RFA. After "having it easy" for 10 months on only Erbitux the CPT11 hit me kind of hard. I had forgotten how much it sucks. So now it's back to every other week until.......I don't do it every other week. Gotta love the vagueness of it all. It really pisses my wife off, I'm used to it for the most part. I get chemo until I don't get chemo.

I've just been laying low and resting and am back to work and all. Sorry I have not been able to add much input. You're all in good hands with Buzzard and all of the others.

I don't know about the rest of you but sometimes I get so sick of "cancer this, and cancer that". I know that this site is great for support and I feel a bit selfish but at the moment I don't want to think about cancer unless I have to. I'm burnt out a bit.
    -phil

Hi Phil
    I do know what you mean about "cancer burnout". Your wit and wisdom will be missed but we understand the need for a break.

Rob; in Vancouver
  • just4Brooks
    just4Brooks Member Posts: 980 Member
    PhillieG said:

Thanks Folks

-phil

I know what you mean
    Pill, I know what you mean. Sometimes it just gets to be too much for even the strongest to put up with. Glad to see you're okay though, and back to work. Good to hear from ya.

Brooks
  • coloCan
    coloCan Member Posts: 1,944 Member
    PhillieG said:

Thanks Folks

-phil

hey Phil
    Listen to or pick up a guitar and play some Blues-that should cheer you up and get your feet stompin....I hope.....Steve
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member

I know what you mean
    Pill, I know what you mean. Sometimes it just gets to be too much for even the strongest to put up with. Glad to see you're okay though, and back to work. Good to hear from ya.

Brooks

fair enough
    I hear you Phil and fair enough.

best wishes to you

~mags~
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    coloCan said:

hey Phil
    Listen to or pick up a guitar and play some Blues-that should cheer you up and get your feet stompin....I hope.....Steve

I
    Know the feeling Phil, get as much rest as you can, and hope you don't stay away from us too long :(

Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    I totally understand
    Hi Phil,

I remember you saying something similar to me a while back. Take a break for as long as you need and take care of yourself. Enjoy thinking about things OTHER than cancer!
    Stay strong- it does suck, but you can do it.

Take care & will be thinking of you-
    Lisa
  • grammadebbie
    grammadebbie Member Posts: 464
    PhillieG said:

Thanks Folks

-phil

Good to hear from you
    Dear Phil,

Great to hear from you. Totally understand the "burnout", I've been doing the same as far as posting. Just don't feel like I have much wisdom or ability to express my compassion, understanding etc. Sure hope you can get some rest and peace. Take as long as you need but check in once in a while cause we miss you and care for you deeply,

Blessings to you,

Debbie, (gramma)
  • butterfly23
    butterfly23 Member Posts: 256
    PhillieG said:

Thanks Folks

-phil

I totaly ralate to you
    right now! I've started up my chemo again, and I too forgot how much it can wipe you out. I find myself not on the board as much in the past few weeks either. I want to, I just have nooo energy! Sometimes like Phil said you need a little break from it all!

Karyn
  • elizabethgd
    elizabethgd Member Posts: 145
    lisa42 said:

I totally understand
    Hi Phil,

I remember you saying something similar to me a while back. Take a break for as long as you need and take care of yourself. Enjoy thinking about things OTHER than cancer!
    Stay strong- it does suck, but you can do it.

Take care & will be thinking of you-
    Lisa

Hi Phil...Take a break..
    Hi Phil...Take a break.. take care of yourself..
    Will be thinking of you.
    Elizabeth