1st scan since surgery thursday

kapper48
kapper48 Member Posts: 85
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Well tomorrow I will have my first scan since my surgery and I have to admit I am scared to death. I was told by my onc that if the cancer has not spread that she would give me a break from chemo. I have decided that even if she says I can take a break I'm not going to. The way I see it is like this. Its kinda like when your younger and you get in a fight with the bully of the town, You somehow get the upper hand and you get him down, Then all of a sudden he says ok i quit and you let him up, Then he ends up kicking your a s s. Well not me I am going to stay in this fight until I finish him off once and for all. Everyone who is doing chemo knows that getting a break would be great but I am just to scared to quit. I hope I am making the right choice.
Pat

Comments

• coloCan
    coloCan Member Posts: 1,944 Member
    Be careful
    Make sure your body (and mind) can take it, watch your blood counts, immune system, weight, etc.....Best of luck.For myself, I restart chemo this Monday for four more months and I dread it.....Steve
  • nudgie
    nudgie Member Posts: 1,478 Member
    I will be
    sending prayers, good vibes, mojo, etc., you way immediately. Let us know the results.
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Best luck and best wishes to
    Best luck and best wishes to you with everything.Take care.
  • patsy1954
    patsy1954 Member Posts: 85
    Sending Good Vibes
    I'm with you!!! I have my CT scan tomorrow and get results on Monday. I want to stay on chemo until they say that they are 100% sure that I am OK. Keeping you in my prayers today!

Pat
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Treatments
    I know what you mean about continuing. It felt the same way for me when I had to delay my chemo by just one little week, but I wanted to get it done and over it. Hoping that your scan comes out clear and maybe you don't have to do any more after all. Let us know how things go. Don't tax your body too much though that isn't good either. Sometimes the break just might do your body some good.

Kim