What this board means to me.

Options
robinvan
robinvan Member Posts: 1,012
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Making Connections...

This morning, in the "darkness before dawn", I found myself thinking of you all and reflecting on my connection to this community.

I have posted my nocturnal reflection in "A Cancer Journal" as a tribute to this "board" and the very real and needed support it has been to me over the past few years. I invite you to have a gander, http://rob-pollock.blogspot.com/ and share some of your own thoughts.

Be well... Rob; in Vancouver

"Our true reality is in our identity and unity with all life."
Joseph Campbell

Comments

• Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    Options
    WoW.....
    How beautifully written that was Rob, it was so genuine and sweet, thanks for that!

Big Hugssss to you!
    ~Donna
  • butterfly23
    butterfly23 Member Posts: 256
    Options
    THANKS!
    Thank-you for sharing your blog with everyone. I do look at it often. I wanted to start on, but I'm not sure how. I will google it! I usually send out an e-mail to all the rest of friends and family, and I think a blog would be great! You are such an inspiration to us all here, We always look forward to your posts, they ususally put a smile on out faces! Thank-You
    Karyn :0)
  • Sonia32
    Sonia32 Member Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    rob
    thanks for being an lnspiration to us all big hugs
  • lizzydavis
    lizzydavis Member Posts: 893
    Options
    Well written, Rob!
    Thank you for sharing that with us. It is inspiring and very well written. Thank you.

Lizzy
  • just4Brooks
    just4Brooks Member Posts: 980 Member
    Options

Well written, Rob!
    Thank you for sharing that with us. It is inspiring and very well written. Thank you.

Lizzy

Great read Rod
    Thanks for the great words
  • sfmarie
    sfmarie Member Posts: 602
    Options
    Well said
    Thank you for that. Truly hear felt.
    Marie
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    That was lovely
    Rob,

That was wonderful! So sweet of you.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Options
    Rob
    Rob,
    I agree with your summary about our group. I have never been in an online community before and I would not have believed that I could have people that I care about that I have never met. Well, here we are and this community means so much to me.

Thanks for sharing.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • robinvan
    Options

THANKS!
    Thank-you for sharing your blog with everyone. I do look at it often. I wanted to start on, but I'm not sure how. I will google it! I usually send out an e-mail to all the rest of friends and family, and I think a blog would be great! You are such an inspiration to us all here, We always look forward to your posts, they ususally put a smile on out faces! Thank-You
    Karyn :0)

Easy to Start Karyn
    You would find it very easy to start a blog to communicate to family and friends. Just go to the BLOOGER website, or choose another, and follow the directions. I was surprised how easy it was when I started it a couple of years ago. Before you know it you'll be adding pictures and videos! Let us know your website when you're up and running.

My family is far-flung across the US and Canada so it helps keep them in the loop. I also find it to be a good discipline and a way to pass those sleepless hours during the night.

Bye for now... ROb; in Van
  • robinvan
    Options
    Thanks to All
    Thanks to all you who responded to this post.

I think that it is ironic today that despite so many new ways of being "connected", cell phones, i-phones, texting, blackberries, e-mail, face-book, my-space, blogs, telephones, etc, our society somehow seems to be more "disconnected".

Somehow the common experiences we share help to keep this group connected. It is a good thing.

Be well... Rob; in Van

“a good friend is a connection to life; a tie to the past,a road to the future,the key to sanity in a totally insane world”
    Lois Wyse