What this board means to me.

robinvan
robinvan Member Posts: 1,012
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Making Connections...

This morning, in the "darkness before dawn", I found myself thinking of you all and reflecting on my connection to this community.

I have posted my nocturnal reflection in "A Cancer Journal" as a tribute to this "board" and the very real and needed support it has been to me over the past few years. I invite you to have a gander, http://rob-pollock.blogspot.com/ and share some of your own thoughts.

Be well... Rob; in Vancouver

"Our true reality is in our identity and unity with all life."
Joseph Campbell

Comments

• Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    WoW.....
    How beautifully written that was Rob, it was so genuine and sweet, thanks for that!

Big Hugssss to you!
    ~Donna
  • butterfly23
    butterfly23 Member Posts: 256
    THANKS!
    Thank-you for sharing your blog with everyone. I do look at it often. I wanted to start on, but I'm not sure how. I will google it! I usually send out an e-mail to all the rest of friends and family, and I think a blog would be great! You are such an inspiration to us all here, We always look forward to your posts, they ususally put a smile on out faces! Thank-You
    Karyn :0)
  • Sonia32
    Sonia32 Member Posts: 1,071 Member
    rob
    thanks for being an lnspiration to us all big hugs
  • lizzydavis
    lizzydavis Member Posts: 893
    Well written, Rob!
    Thank you for sharing that with us. It is inspiring and very well written. Thank you.

Lizzy
  • just4Brooks
    just4Brooks Member Posts: 980 Member

Well written, Rob!
    Thank you for sharing that with us. It is inspiring and very well written. Thank you.

Lizzy

Great read Rod
    Thanks for the great words
  • sfmarie
    sfmarie Member Posts: 602
    Well said
    Thank you for that. Truly hear felt.
    Marie
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    That was lovely
    Rob,

That was wonderful! So sweet of you.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Rob
    Rob,
    I agree with your summary about our group. I have never been in an online community before and I would not have believed that I could have people that I care about that I have never met. Well, here we are and this community means so much to me.

Thanks for sharing.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • robinvan

THANKS!
    Thank-you for sharing your blog with everyone. I do look at it often. I wanted to start on, but I'm not sure how. I will google it! I usually send out an e-mail to all the rest of friends and family, and I think a blog would be great! You are such an inspiration to us all here, We always look forward to your posts, they ususally put a smile on out faces! Thank-You
    Karyn :0)

Easy to Start Karyn
    You would find it very easy to start a blog to communicate to family and friends. Just go to the BLOOGER website, or choose another, and follow the directions. I was surprised how easy it was when I started it a couple of years ago. Before you know it you'll be adding pictures and videos! Let us know your website when you're up and running.

My family is far-flung across the US and Canada so it helps keep them in the loop. I also find it to be a good discipline and a way to pass those sleepless hours during the night.

Bye for now... ROb; in Van
  • robinvan
    Thanks to All
    Thanks to all you who responded to this post.

I think that it is ironic today that despite so many new ways of being "connected", cell phones, i-phones, texting, blackberries, e-mail, face-book, my-space, blogs, telephones, etc, our society somehow seems to be more "disconnected".

Somehow the common experiences we share help to keep this group connected. It is a good thing.

Be well... Rob; in Van

“a good friend is a connection to life; a tie to the past,a road to the future,the key to sanity in a totally insane world”
    Lois Wyse