Going to take cruise to bahamma,s before treatments

ppurdin
ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Well I TALKED TO MY CANCER DR. AGAIN ABOUT WHEN TREATMENTS WILL START AND ABOUT MY TRIP I HAVE PLANNED FOR QUITE AWHILE NOW.MY SISTER,COUSIN AND SISTERS TWO DAUGHTERS.i will go on my trip and start Chemo when I GET BACK.I want to enjoy this vacation,and come home and kick this Cancer,s but.I have excepted this will be a battle,but one that I can win.IF I CAN EXCEPT THE FACT THAT THE DR. IS TELLING ME I WILL LOSE MY HAIR.I AM HAVING A HARD TIME LIKE MOST OF YOU ABOUT LOSSING MY HAIR.IT TOTALY BREAKS MY HEART.i can,t seem to stop crying about it.NO ONE AROUND ME UNDERSTANDS.BUT I KNOW YOU LADYS WILL.THANK GOD FOR THIS WEB SIGHT.GOD BLESS. PAT.

Comments

• ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    have a great time

have a great time
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    Pat
    Pack your bags and go and enjoy yourself. Don't worry about your hair. It was hard for me but I just told myself that I'd rather loose my hair than have this beast in me!! I know one thing I don't have to worry about how my hair looks. I just throw on my wig or put on my scarf!! You'll get through this and we're here to help!! Hugs, Diane
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Pat,
    So glad you decided to take this trip as a prelude to your treatment. Go, have fun, and most of all...don't think about losing your hair! No cancer is allowed on the trip with you!! Just fun, fun, fun and making lots of memories. Pammy
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    HI Pat
    Leave your worries behind just for this little block of time and enjoy this vacation. YOu totally deserve it. The beast is not allowed to go with you.

Dont worry about your hair. WE will be here to help you thru that hurdle, truly. Just remember that the sacrifice is worth getting rid of the beast once and for all.

Enjoy!!!

Hugs
    LInda T
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Enjoy this well deserved
    Enjoy this well deserved vacation! Try to just laugh, relax and have fun, and don't spend too much time fretting over the things to come. As we have been encouraging some in here to tell their children, Hair Loss Means The Medicine is Working! I thought that losing my hair was the very worst part of the journey. It was certainly the most humiliating. But it happened,I couldn't stop it, and no one seemed to feel really bad about it EXCEPT ME! It grew back and is just as nice as it ever was. Yours will be too!

Enjoy the Bahamas and tell us all about it when you get home again!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Bon Voyage...
    Wishing you great fun on your vacation! Enjoy yourself and take a break from worrying. You deserve a little pampering time.

Am glad you'll be surrounded by family who love you on this fabulous trip!

Fondly,

Bella Luna
  • ppurdin
    THANKS EVERYONE
    GREAT IDEAL,LEAVE CANCER AT HOME WHEN GOING ON TRIP.That is how I waNT TO THINK.WE LEAVE SEPT.13.I CAN NOT WAIT.I HAVE NEVER BEEN IN A AIRPLANE OR ON A SHIP.SO THIS IS ALL NEW AND EXCITING.i know my treatments start a few days after being home.So I want to live it up that week.I have made up my mind that I wont let Cancer take anything from me that I can help.so the trip is one of these things.I wish I could do this with my losing my hair.BUT I WILL PRAY ABOUT IT ,MAYBE I wont lose it.The dr. says I will though.I want to have a wig and some scarfs ready.Thanks everyone.God Bless you. Pat.
  • dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    ppurdin said:

THANKS EVERYONE
    GREAT IDEAL,LEAVE CANCER AT HOME WHEN GOING ON TRIP.That is how I waNT TO THINK.WE LEAVE SEPT.13.I CAN NOT WAIT.I HAVE NEVER BEEN IN A AIRPLANE OR ON A SHIP.SO THIS IS ALL NEW AND EXCITING.i know my treatments start a few days after being home.So I want to live it up that week.I have made up my mind that I wont let Cancer take anything from me that I can help.so the trip is one of these things.I wish I could do this with my losing my hair.BUT I WILL PRAY ABOUT IT ,MAYBE I wont lose it.The dr. says I will though.I want to have a wig and some scarfs ready.Thanks everyone.God Bless you. Pat.

Pat-enjoy enjoy!
    Sometimes, like I said in an earlier post, some things are more important that others. Though cancer is serious, taking a respite time is important, too. Have a great time...post pix when you return, yes? We want to have a moment of envy seeing you soaking up the rays on the cruise deck :).
    dmc
  • dbs1673
    dbs1673 Member Posts: 203
    Good Medicine
    Pat, there is treatment for the body that will be here when you get back. Now is the time for treatment for the soul. Enjoy!!!

dawn
  • ppurdin
    dbs1673 said:

Good Medicine
    Pat, there is treatment for the body that will be here when you get back. Now is the time for treatment for the soul. Enjoy!!!

dawn

THANKS EVERYONE
    Thanks for your replys.I STARTED PACKING ,I AM SO EXCITED NOW.I,will be leaving the 13 of Sept.Its my first cruise.Iv never flown or been on a ship.I so need this right now.I am leaving Cancer home that week.And then when I get home I WILL TACKLE THIS BAD BOY.tHANKS AGAIN. LOVE YOU ALL.(Pat).
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    ppurdin said:

THANKS EVERYONE
    Thanks for your replys.I STARTED PACKING ,I AM SO EXCITED NOW.I,will be leaving the 13 of Sept.Its my first cruise.Iv never flown or been on a ship.I so need this right now.I am leaving Cancer home that week.And then when I get home I WILL TACKLE THIS BAD BOY.tHANKS AGAIN. LOVE YOU ALL.(Pat).

Pat, have a great time!
    Hugs

Pat, have a great time!

Hugs
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Have a great trip!!
    Wishing you a wonderful time filled with days of fun. You can tackle the beast when you return but definately leave it at home for this trip. Have a great time!!
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

Have a great trip!!
    Wishing you a wonderful time filled with days of fun. You can tackle the beast when you return but definately leave it at home for this trip. Have a great time!!

Post pics when you get back!
    I am wishing you a great trip! You will have a wonderful time!

Sue :)
  • m_azingrace
    m_azingrace Member Posts: 399
    Ritzy said:

Post pics when you get back!
    I am wishing you a great trip! You will have a wonderful time!

We expect to see pictures,
    We expect to see pictures, Pat...lots of them! Have a great time. Gracie
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

We expect to see pictures,
    We expect to see pictures, Pat...lots of them! Have a great time. Gracie

Pat
    Do you need someone to carry your luggage? Like me?

• lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670
    Ritzy said:

Pat
    Do you need someone to carry your luggage? Like me?

Pat
    You go on this trip and you have the time of your life!!! I know you are upset about your hair, but it will be ok. We all hated going through that part, im bald right now. I thought i would cry, but i didnt and my kids tell me that im still beautiful and look cool!!!

take care
    laura
  • ppurdin
    Thanks everyone.
    I just wanted to say thanks to everyone of you.all your replys,prayers and thoughts for me.I trully appriatte it Thanks to you ,I am going to go on my trip and have the time of my life.I can even make jokes about myself loosing my hair.I told my husband he would need to match me and have his shaved two.ha.you are trully a God sent to me and each other.When i can,t talk to family and tell how I fill ,I can get on these boards and pour my heart out.i hope I can return this to others who need help one day. God bless you all. I am excited about the makeup party through the ACS i get to go to.Thanks to you people telling me about it.Have a great day. (Pat)
  • Terrina
    Terrina Member Posts: 6
    Europe
    After the sugeries (three of them) I took off for Europe for a month. Stage II with three positive nodes I was so going on a vacation before 8 Chemo Rounds and 33 Rad Rounds. Had a great time and was pooped quite alot but heck I was pooped in Europe, lol.
    GO HAVE FUN!!!! Chemo will wait, lol.