Taxotere

2»

Comments

• MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Taxotere
    Sherry, I just finished my last chemo of Taxotere and Cytoxin YEAH!......The taxotere can cause bone pain and muscle aches...I did have that compounded by the Nuelasta injection each day following the chemo. The Neulasta was pretty bad the first time but not so with the last 3 injections....With the Taxotere for the first 20 minutes, the onco nurse never left my side, due to possbile side effects, and they also administered Benadryl along with the anti nausea meds before the Taxotere for about 20 minutes and then they waited a good 15 before starting the Taxotere to let them take effect. Taxotere is derived from the YEW TREE they told me........It is in a THICK GLASS BOTTLE encased in plastic while all the other drugs were in plastic IV bags.....it's powerful stuff, they said....I never had the first wave of nausea, I was so lucky, but they really loaded me up on anti nausea meds, which I started at home the day before and continued for 5 days afterwards.....also my oncologist prescribed Vicodin for the pain......said he wouldm't even "mess around" with ibuprofen or Advil...said there was no reason what so ever to suffer pain.....I agree! The thing I hated most was losing my taste buds for about a week after each infusion......may as well been eating a plate of Alpo! But they return quickly and then I "chow down!"
    I wish you well and remember we are all different in our reactions to these meds......
    nancy