hope this info helps

peggypeggy
peggypeggy Member Posts: 111
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
just wanted to see if this can help anyone of my sisters you have all been so kind to meand loving i hope this helps did you know you get reimbursed for all you gas miles when you drive everyday to radiation or chemo my hospital reimbursing me 300.00 for 6 weeks
also found a place my medical center gave me for the perfect fit bras after lumpmcty and mastectomy after all treatments done just make sure your dr gives order for they make to fit you cause ev1 different insurance pays if not free is called perfect match i have number if anyone intrested also i had 4 ymph nodes removed no cancer thank god but my arm sore my hospital gave me order up to 2000 for a threapist to protect against swelling they also told me ever to get blood work or blood pressure taken in this arm hope this helps god bless love peggy

Comments

• tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Thanks
    Thanks Peggy for the tips.
    I have saved every toll slip from January to the present and will be claiming that and mileage on my taxes.

Now that I've had a double mastectomy there is really no reason for a bra for me except when I wear white.

Hugs,
    Margo
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    THANKS
    For the tips Peggy, I didn't know about the gas milage!! Hugs, Diane:)
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    chickad52 said:

THANKS

Thanks Peggy. I sure would
    Thanks Peggy. I sure would like to be reimbursed. I have to drive an hour to my chemo and will have to drive that far for my rads too. Who reimburses you? The hospital? Who do you see about it? or is it your insurance? And how do you claim that on your taxes? Thanks for any info you have on this.....
  • peggypeggy
    dyaneb123 said:

Thanks Peggy. I sure would like to be reimbursed. I have to drive an hour to my chemo and will have to drive that far for my rads too. Who reimburses you? The hospital? Who do you see about it? or is it your insurance? And how do you claim that on your taxes? Thanks for any info you have on this.....

dyan
    i can help there you talk to the hospital the americian cancer society picks up the hospital will give you paper to sign i am also a tax preparer lol you can claim on taxes only if you dont get reimbursed but you will if some reason you dont claim on scheldule a under medical miles hope this helps luv peggy
  • peggypeggy

Thanks
    I have saved every toll slip from January to the present and will be claiming that and mileage on my taxes.

Now that I've had a double mastectomy there is really no reason for a bra for me except when I wear white.

Hugs,
    Margo

tommasenna
    you would get more by asking hospital to give you paperwork the americian cancer society reimburses you and you get it now hope this helps luv luv peggy
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

dyan
    i can help there you talk to the hospital the americian cancer society picks up the hospital will give you paper to sign i am also a tax preparer lol you can claim on taxes only if you dont get reimbursed but you will if some reason you dont claim on scheldule a under medical miles hope this helps luv peggy

Thanks Peggy. But, hubby
    Thanks Peggy. But, hubby wants to use it on our taxes. We need every break we can get at tax time. Good luck on Monday with radiation!

Leeza
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    jnl said:

Thanks Peggy. But, hubby
    Thanks Peggy. But, hubby wants to use it on our taxes. We need every break we can get at tax time. Good luck on Monday with radiation!

Leeza

Thanks Peggy for posting
    Thanks Peggy for posting this info!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    chickad52 said:

THANKS

The ACS will reimburse us
    The ACS will reimburse us for gas money? Who do you contact for that?

And, thanks for posting this Peggy.

Hugs!
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769

tommasenna
    you would get more by asking hospital to give you paperwork the americian cancer society reimburses you and you get it now hope this helps luv luv peggy

Thanks
    Thanks Peggy.
    I will ask the next time I am there which will be 9/2.

Hugs,
    Margo
  • peggypeggy
    jnl said:

Thanks Peggy. But, hubby

Leeza

jnl
    your welcome luv only thing you get more per mile by getting reimbursed from hospital but i hear you on taxes whatever works for youluv just wanted to let you know as long as your scheldule a equals more then standard deduction god bless hope you are well luv peggy
  • peggypeggy

The ACS will reimburse us
    The ACS will reimburse us for gas money? Who do you contact for that?

And, thanks for posting this Peggy.

Hugs!

survivorbco9
    to you and all my sisters the hospital you go for chem or radiatin will give you the paperwork to sign as soon as you go your ist trip to oncologist if they dont offer you say hey i want to be reimbursed for gas also im so upset that some of my sisters are worried about medical bills like we dont have enough to worry about every hospital has programs first most of them take what insurace pays but if not there hospitals provide programs that pay up to 95% of balance please ask your dr or hospital to take care of this for you you have so much more to deal with also dont for get about the free bras from perfect match they also make bras for mascetomys double to and lumpectomys and if you have lymph nodes removed like i did no cancer but they have therapy you can get up to 2000 per year to reduce the swelling at any time any one can have my email and phone number i will help you get as i said my son was autistic at age 2 he is now 21 but i fought for alot with him anyone with autistic child should never pay a medical bill now my goal to make sure my sisters do not have to worry about money at a time like this everytime something new i will in form you all god bless please take advantage of these free things availabe i dont need chem but i know can be expensive also the bras ad therapy make the dr write you a order for it luv peggy yes the acs but your hospital where oncologist is shoud do the paperwork for you
  • peggypeggy
    dyaneb123 said:

the acs will pick this up
    the acs will pick this up but you oncologist should have all the paperwork for you to sign they do the rest also girls dont forget the free parking always get validated and of course the cafeteria
    i get free starbucks coffee or free lunch breakfast enjoy luv peggy god bless
  • peggypeggy

Thanks

Hugs,
    Margo

dont forget you can get free
    dont forget you can get free bra for double mastectomy to luv they make them to luv god bless you mf and gl on 9 2 hugs peggy
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294

survivorbco9
    to you and all my sisters the hospital you go for chem or radiatin will give you the paperwork to sign as soon as you go your ist trip to oncologist if they dont offer you say hey i want to be reimbursed for gas also im so upset that some of my sisters are worried about medical bills like we dont have enough to worry about every hospital has programs first most of them take what insurace pays but if not there hospitals provide programs that pay up to 95% of balance please ask your dr or hospital to take care of this for you you have so much more to deal with also dont for get about the free bras from perfect match they also make bras for mascetomys double to and lumpectomys and if you have lymph nodes removed like i did no cancer but they have therapy you can get up to 2000 per year to reduce the swelling at any time any one can have my email and phone number i will help you get as i said my son was autistic at age 2 he is now 21 but i fought for alot with him anyone with autistic child should never pay a medical bill now my goal to make sure my sisters do not have to worry about money at a time like this everytime something new i will in form you all god bless please take advantage of these free things availabe i dont need chem but i know can be expensive also the bras ad therapy make the dr write you a order for it luv peggy yes the acs but your hospital where oncologist is shoud do the paperwork for you

What is the name of this wonderful hospital
    Thank you for avery useful information. What is the name of your hospital?
    I still have outstanding balance of $30,000 after all of my treatments and nobody wants to write it off. I will ask my oncologist.
  • peggypeggy

What is the name of this wonderful hospital
    Thank you for avery useful information. What is the name of your hospital?
    I still have outstanding balance of $30,000 after all of my treatments and nobody wants to write it off. I will ask my oncologist.

new info from peggy on all financial needs
    please go to my new posting luv god bless hope this helps
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member

Thanks Peggy.

Thanks Peggy.
  • Kylez

Thanks Peggy.

Thanks Peggy.
  • Kylez

Thanks Peggy.

Thanks Peggy.
  • m_azingrace
    m_azingrace Member Posts: 399
    Kylez said:

Thanks Peggy.

Thanks Peggy.

Thanks Peggy!
    I didn't know about the reimbursement for mileage and gas. I'm checking into that. We travel 120 miles round trip for each dr visit, test or treatment. While our car is fuel efficient, it still adds up.

I did already know about not having injections or blood pressure if lymph nodes are removed. This is for forever, the whole rest of your life. Yesterday I had the chemo port implanted. Before we headed to the hospital, I used a magic marker to write NO SHOTS NO B.P. the full length of my "bad" arm. Since I would be in a semi-conscious state, I didn't want anyone to forget and do something that shouldn't be done. The nurses, and the doctor remarked about my "tattoo". I'm ordering a medical alert bracelet to wear all the time. But even so, any time I think it's necessary, I'll still do the magic marker again. You know, people get in a hurry [like at flu shot clinics] and ask "are you left or right handed?" then shove the needle in before you can say more. Before I had the nodes removed, I just thought they were being efficient...now I think maybe they're being careless. Gracie.