anal cancer

z
z Member Posts: 1,414 Member
edited March 2014 in Skin Cancer #1
I have just completed anal cancer treatment. Chemo/radiation. I was diagnosed at Stage II, NO, MO. Fortunatley, I have a great medical team that answers all my ?s. I would like to hear from anal cancer survivors. I will not know if the treatment worked for several months.

Comments

• hollyberry
    hollyberry Member Posts: 173
    Anal Cancer
    Dear Z,
    I have not had anal cancer, but I was diagnosed with anal mucousal melanoma. I had 4 surgeries and chemotherapy; also. I am now battling metastasis in the brain with radiation.
    I have been fighting this disease for over 20 months and feel that every battle is worth it. I get more time with my family and friends, I am feeling empowered by my decisions (even when their not the best choices) and I pray for a victory.
    Don't ever give up; you never know what can happen! I have exceeded my expiration date by many months now and my doctors couldn't be happier.
    Best of luck to you,
    Hollyberry
  • Alysha23
    Alysha23 Member Posts: 11
    Anal Cancer
    I know that's it been awhile since your post, but I'm new to this game. I was diagnosed on June 3rd with anal cancer. I completed chemo and 32 treatments of radiation. I also was in stage II and at 5cm I'm considered high risk. I'm playing the waiting game at the moment. I hope that you are doing well.
  • goji
    goji Member Posts: 4 Member

I am halfway through the 6 week regiment and of course it’s getting a little rough. Lots of Aquaphor. But what’s has been a huge help with pain is using one of those pee funnels. Women use them so they can pee standing up ( practice in the shower first! ). It keeps the urine from painfully stinging the burned areas and it’s been a god send! I’m not looking forward to next 3 or 4 weeks but I know it will end. Good luck everyone!!

• z
    z Member Posts: 1,414 Member

Hello,

Just saw your post in response to mine. I thought I would let you know its been over 14 years since my dx and I am cancer free. When I was dx my dr said if your going to get cancer this is a good one to get because its highly curable. The tx is very difficult. I had never heard of the funnel that would have been very helpful. I hope your tx is not to bad. I know baths and pain meds helped me through it. I used a cow balm which was recommended by my radiologist. Actually used on cow udders. I wish you the best.