Diagnosed April 29, 2009

13»

Comments

• Kayla1
    Kayla1 Member Posts: 101

Saddle up!
    Well, you seem to be handling this with such positivity! I've always been such a positive person, it's one of my best qualities...BUT this experience really dims my light at times. You'll have to let me know how the first chemo goes! I'm thinking it's not going to be SO bad, and I'm hoping it won't be bad at all...here's to hoping i guess.

Totally unrelated, but my boyfriend and I just broke up...today...so now I'm not only dealing with cancer but I have to deal with a heartbreaking breakup at an already heartbreaking time! I can't wait until this whole chapter of my life is over... I looked at the calendar and counted how many more days I have until this whole thing is done including chemo and my final surgery where the tissue expanders are replaced for real implants. It turns out to be an even 100 days, if everything goes according to plan. I'm thinking of getting crafty and making some sort of advent calendar-like thing as a dailiy countdown for myself.

Wow, writing to you all is like an instant therapy session, I feel a little better already :-)

Jill

new
    Jilly,
    I have learned thru life experiences that finding the positive in any situation will make you not only healthier but a whole lot happier! Sometimes faking being happy gets you thru a bad situation a lot quicker too!
    I could have had a really bad weekend thinking about me and what's to come but I chose to go out and be with family, talked about everything but me and it felt wonderful. It was like being on a little vacation!
    I am so sorry about your break up and the heartache you are experiencing. We are all here for you. Right now it's all about you and what you need to do to get healthy again!!!
    Hugs and a whole lot of love,
    K
  • jillybean2513
    jillybean2513 Member Posts: 4
    WOW
    Thank you, ALL of you, for your support! I am definitely working on the whole positive, happy attitude thing! I can't express how nice it is to have all of you, who not only understand whole cancer thing, but also share your support with all of the other bull**** that's going on in my life.

I actually spoke with 2 breast cancer survivors today and they both had great advice about dealing with chemo! (Kayla this one's especially for you)

First of all, they both HIGHLY recommended acupuncture. They said it not only helps with aches and pains, but it also helps with nausea, constipation, and overal energy. One girl told me that she couldn't sleep after her diagnosis--which is something I have been struggling with as well--and she said acupuncture fixed her right up! The only caution I was given was to make sure that I see an acupuncturist who has experience treating cancer patients. I have a few referrals, but I live in LA so I don't know if I can help any of you...

They also gave similar advice that some of you have shared here...keep a positive attitude, get out and do things, have fun with hair loss and get some cute wigs, think of it as a blessing that you can be cured, and hmmm, I don't remember what else, but there was a lot! I'll add as it comes back to me.

Thanks again to all of you! I made it through my first day of being single, and it wasn't too bad. I guess all wounds heal with time :-)

Jill
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member

WOW
    Thank you, ALL of you, for your support! I am definitely working on the whole positive, happy attitude thing! I can't express how nice it is to have all of you, who not only understand whole cancer thing, but also share your support with all of the other bull**** that's going on in my life.

I actually spoke with 2 breast cancer survivors today and they both had great advice about dealing with chemo! (Kayla this one's especially for you)

First of all, they both HIGHLY recommended acupuncture. They said it not only helps with aches and pains, but it also helps with nausea, constipation, and overal energy. One girl told me that she couldn't sleep after her diagnosis--which is something I have been struggling with as well--and she said acupuncture fixed her right up! The only caution I was given was to make sure that I see an acupuncturist who has experience treating cancer patients. I have a few referrals, but I live in LA so I don't know if I can help any of you...

They also gave similar advice that some of you have shared here...keep a positive attitude, get out and do things, have fun with hair loss and get some cute wigs, think of it as a blessing that you can be cured, and hmmm, I don't remember what else, but there was a lot! I'll add as it comes back to me.

Thanks again to all of you! I made it through my first day of being single, and it wasn't too bad. I guess all wounds heal with time :-)

Jill

Jill, it is nice to know
    Jill, it is nice to know that you are feeling better now! The survivors here will help you every step of the way! Hugs, Kristin