End of Liver Radiation

kimby
kimby Member Posts: 797
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Today was my last day (for now) of liver radiation! Yah! I had 25 daily radiation treatments to 4 large and inoperable tumors in my liver along with my lastest chemo cocktail. (mitomycin, avastin, xeloda) It will be about 5 months before we know the full extent of the radiation and I'll start some other treatment (steriostatic rads, rfa, ablation?) in about 2 months when they determine sufficient liver regeneration.

So, I have a two month break with only chemo, next cycle begins on Thursday. Keep everything crossed, send good thoughts and pray if you can....I need all the help I can get!

Kimby

Comments

• Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    YAY!
    So glad to hear you get a 2 month break! I know how hard those treatments must have been, I haven't experienced radiation or anything, but I read how tiring they could be as well, I hope you get those next scans show it worked, and all positive things happen, you been through so much, and I so want to see you get better and better! You are definitely in my thoughts and prayers, have a good break before those treatments! all positive vibes are coming your way from me!

Hugsss to you!
    ~Donna
  • kimby
    Shayenne said:

YAY!
    So glad to hear you get a 2 month break! I know how hard those treatments must have been, I haven't experienced radiation or anything, but I read how tiring they could be as well, I hope you get those next scans show it worked, and all positive things happen, you been through so much, and I so want to see you get better and better! You are definitely in my thoughts and prayers, have a good break before those treatments! all positive vibes are coming your way from me!

Hugsss to you!
    ~Donna

Thanks
    I really appreciate it. *Just chemo really does feel like a break and hubby and I are going away for a few days. That always helps.

Are you doing better, yet? You've been in my prayers!

Kimby
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    WOOO HOOOO!
    Good news, kim! Radiation done, I'm sure you feel like you've got a vacation coming that's a year long! The continuing chemo will be a skate in the park for you! I continue to pray for you daily!
    mary
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Crossing 'em for you
    *fingers and toes crossed!"

*hugs*
    Gail
  • VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    So glad for you...
    that the radiation is done! Now we wait with you. And yes, Ma'am, prayers are all over you.

Vicki
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    kimby said:

Thanks
    I really appreciate it. *Just chemo really does feel like a break and hubby and I are going away for a few days. That always helps.

Are you doing better, yet? You've been in my prayers!

Kimby

Yes!
    I have to go to an oral surgeon today to get an absessed wisdom tooth pulled, which I'm terrified, since I never had a tooth pulled before, and they postponed my chemo for next week instead of today so I could get this done, but otherwise, I've actually been feeling really good! where you going off too? hope you have a blast! I know it's so good to just get away for a couple days! have fun! You, like everyone else on this board are always in my prayers!

Hugggsss!
    ~Donna
  • dixchi
    dixchi Member Posts: 431
    Vacation
    so happy to hear that your radiation treatments are finished and that
    you and your husband are escapting to a paradise somewhere for a few
    days.......a change of scenery is always a refresher......am praying
    that your treatment plan will be successful.

Hugs,
    Barbara
  • colon2
    colon2 Member Posts: 183
    dixchi said:

Vacation

Hugs,
    Barbara

Glad for you
    I am so glad for you, I will keep you in my prayers and also keep fingers and toes crossed. I also have a lazy eye that crosses occasionally. Fom now on, when it crosses, its for you. Enjoy your vacation , You deserve it.
    God Bless you. Carletta
  • kimby
    colon2 said:

Glad for you
    I am so glad for you, I will keep you in my prayers and also keep fingers and toes crossed. I also have a lazy eye that crosses occasionally. Fom now on, when it crosses, its for you. Enjoy your vacation , You deserve it.
    God Bless you. Carletta

lazy eye
    Carletta,

You made me laugh out loud! I'm honored that your eye will cross for me! You are so wonderful and talented! Thank you, so very much. You made my day.

Kimby
  • kimby
    msccolon said:

WOOO HOOOO!
    Good news, kim! Radiation done, I'm sure you feel like you've got a vacation coming that's a year long! The continuing chemo will be a skate in the park for you! I continue to pray for you daily!
    mary

done

Skating in the park...hmmmm...sounds like fun. I'll take it under advisement. LOL

Thanks for your prayers.

Kimby
  • kimby
    VickiCO said:

So glad for you...
    that the radiation is done! Now we wait with you. And yes, Ma'am, prayers are all over you.

Vicki

Waiting
    Vicki,

Having you waiting with me is so comforting. Thank you. You have a way with words, you know.

Kimby
  • kimby
    dixchi said:

Vacation

Hugs,
    Barbara

vacation
    I really do need the break, Barbara. And anyplace with my husband is Paradise. Thank you for your prayers!

Kimby
  • colon2
    colon2 Member Posts: 183
    kimby said:

lazy eye
    Carletta,

You made me laugh out loud! I'm honored that your eye will cross for me! You are so wonderful and talented! Thank you, so very much. You made my day.

Kimby

Glad i could help
    Anything for a friend and though I don't know you personally, I consider you a friend. As for talented, I don't know when it crosses. The only way I can tell is when people look at me funny. Then I figure it has wandered away again. Glad i could give you a laugh though. They help. You hang in there, and have a great day. Carletta
  • VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    kimby said:

Waiting
    Vicki,

Having you waiting with me is so comforting. Thank you. You have a way with words, you know.

Kimby

Thanks Kimby
    Well, I am a writer and publisher by profession! I am glad I could comfort you. Your posts and thoughts have comforted me many times!

Many hugs, Vicki
  • lizbiz
    lizbiz Member Posts: 120
    kimby said:

vacation
    I really do need the break, Barbara. And anyplace with my husband is Paradise. Thank you for your prayers!

Kimby

Good for you!
    Enjoy your vacation; God knows you deserve it!

You're in my prayers,
    Elizabeth
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    great you're getting away
    Kimby,
    So glad to hear you are getting away for a few days. Enjoy yourself and indulge yourself in some peace and joy.
    Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Happy for You
    Kimby I am so happy for you and this has to be a very happy day for you. I'm praying that this radiation treatment will be and has been successful for you. Thoughts and prayers always. You will get through this as I can read from your posts that you are such a positive and determined woman.

Good vibes coming your way for another cycle on Thursday.

Keep your gusto going.

Kim
  • Glv49
    Glv49 Member Posts: 206 Member
    Good for you Kimby.. relax
    Good for you Kimby.. relax and enjoy your break.

Gail
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Glv49 said:

Good for you Kimby.. relax
    Good for you Kimby.. relax and enjoy your break.

Gail

Kimby......
    You are the type that wants to be a rebel with a cause....To me you are not one to sit back and just let it engulf you. I envy the strength that you have and I know how tough it must be to keep it mustered up, but I think I know you well enough now that you are a warrior and also an angel whatever the case calls for you to need to be....It really upsets me to have to come in here and meet some of the most wonderful people that I have ever met that are under such dire circumstances...It is my pleasure to be part of your life and I bet it would sure be a hoot to sit down with ya and talk some time. I kind of feel like you can be pretty easy to get along with and probably a little cantankerous also but a good cantankerous........Sweet and lovable but don't make her mad type of gal......Yep, I bet you would be a lot of fun to be around...Hubby is a pretty lucky man to have a good one like yourself........enjoy ya'lls vacation and don't think bout nuthin' but you and hubby.....God Bless ya sweetheart............
  • kimby
    tootsie1 said:

Crossing 'em for you
    *fingers and toes crossed!"

*hugs*
    Gail

Thanks
    Cross it all!

Kimby