A comedian describes prepping for a colonoscopy

trainer
trainer Member Posts: 241
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Billy Connolly is a Scot comedian and my son, who is going in for his first screening was Googling for more information came across this on YouTube. None of us could stop laughing, almost made my incision hurt, I was laughing so hard. I don't know if it is his accent or just having been there and done that.

One thing is for sure, probably everyone on this has experienced the prepping process.

He does use a four-letter word a couple of times in his description, so if you are easily offended, don't watch.

We all here can use some laughter.

Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBMsPNI6EZE

Comments

• kimby
    kimby Member Posts: 797
    Wow
    Very funny!
  • HowardJ
    HowardJ Member Posts: 474
    Great!
    Thanks for the laugh!!!

Howard
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    I was laughing and crying at the same time!!!!

Thank you, my dear, for the entertainment!!!!!

Of course, while I was there, I had to watch Robin Williams' rendition as well....

Hugs, Kathi
  • trainer
    KathiM said:

Of course, while I was there, I had to watch Robin Williams' rendition as well....

Hugs, Kathi

Funny stuff
    I'm glad you enjoyed the videos. I watched Robin Williams' video also, whom I enjoy a lot, but he just couldn't hold a candle to Billy Connolly on this topic.

I'm also glad to have been able to do something nice for you. Your cheerful enthusiasm and advice has helped so many on this board, me included.

Wildfires still burning over around you?
  • trainer
    KathiM said:

Hugs, Kathi

Funny stuff
    I'm glad you enjoyed the videos. I watched Robin Williams' video also, whom I enjoy a lot, but he just couldn't hold a candle to Billy Connolly on this topic.

I'm also glad to have been able to do something nice for you. Your cheerful enthusiasm and advice has helped so many on this board, me included.

• Joy1216
    Joy1216 Member Posts: 290 Member
    trainer said:

Funny stuff

Loved the video
    I haven't laughed that hard in quite a while. Dave Barry's colonoscopy description is also a hoot.
    Joy
  • KathiM
    trainer said:

Funny stuff

Now it's mudslides...
    As typically happens, after the destruction of fire, the rain starts and the K-rails and sandbags go up to prevent the mud in the homes that dodged the fire....sigh...

With the Yorba Linda 'Freeway Complex' fire just weeks ago, and now a BIG storm coming from the south...well, there are many nervous people.

After the big fires a few years ago, specifically the Devore fire, my beau's nurse's house was saved. She was soooo thankful. Then, on Christmas day, the family was sitting in the living room, getting ready to open presents. They heard a rumbling...and the front door was shoved open by a wall of water and muck! Her hubby was smart enough to race and open the BACK door, so the mud was able to exit, but Christmas changed in an instant from joyous to fearful. They have rebuilt, but the nervousness remains. And they don't have enough savings to move.

Again, thanks for the laugh...I just had my scope about a month ago...did the 'pills only' route, which works the best for me, by a longshot...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Hugs, Kathi
  • trainer
    KathiM said:

Now it's mudslides...
    As typically happens, after the destruction of fire, the rain starts and the K-rails and sandbags go up to prevent the mud in the homes that dodged the fire....sigh...

With the Yorba Linda 'Freeway Complex' fire just weeks ago, and now a BIG storm coming from the south...well, there are many nervous people.

After the big fires a few years ago, specifically the Devore fire, my beau's nurse's house was saved. She was soooo thankful. Then, on Christmas day, the family was sitting in the living room, getting ready to open presents. They heard a rumbling...and the front door was shoved open by a wall of water and muck! Her hubby was smart enough to race and open the BACK door, so the mud was able to exit, but Christmas changed in an instant from joyous to fearful. They have rebuilt, but the nervousness remains. And they don't have enough savings to move.

Again, thanks for the laugh...I just had my scope about a month ago...did the 'pills only' route, which works the best for me, by a longshot...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Hugs, Kathi

Roots
    I saw a comment you left about having been from KCK and you mentioned the Stockyards restaurant. I'm from Atchison, KS originally and spent a lot of time with my parents at the Stockyards. Best steaks ever, what a treat for a kid! Also Gitano's Italian restaurant and the Savoy.

I still have family in Lenexa where my sister and their three grown kids also have families.

I'm a KU grad, as is all my family, except for my mother, who unfortunately went to K-State. Every family has skeletons in closets!

Now, it's off to Turkey time, although my appetite still isn't back to normal, which is probably a good thing, given the gluttony of the upcoming spread of homemade goodies.
  • KathiM
    trainer said:

Roots
    I saw a comment you left about having been from KCK and you mentioned the Stockyards restaurant. I'm from Atchison, KS originally and spent a lot of time with my parents at the Stockyards. Best steaks ever, what a treat for a kid! Also Gitano's Italian restaurant and the Savoy.

I still have family in Lenexa where my sister and their three grown kids also have families.

I'm a KU grad, as is all my family, except for my mother, who unfortunately went to K-State. Every family has skeletons in closets!

Now, it's off to Turkey time, although my appetite still isn't back to normal, which is probably a good thing, given the gluttony of the upcoming spread of homemade goodies.

mmmmm, I remember....
    I was very young (7) when we left for California, but because my grandparents were still in KC, MO we visited often. And the STEAKS!!! mmmmmm!!!!!

My grandfather was some officer at KC Life, and the Halls from Hallmark figured in as people, as a young child, I needed to be polite to...lol!

I lived on West 61st street, and my grandparents were on Summit street, on the MO side. I had relatives in Prairie Junction, KS and Topeka.

I remember those times when I was young and in KC as being safe and idealic. I also remember when Dr. Pepper bottles still sported the '10-2-4', and we thought for SURE that it contained prune juice. My best friend was Tuner Hedges. MAN! Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

As I am writing, dinner is over, and all that's left is the cleanup and the turkey soup!!! That, too, I LOVE! My family was here, my beau's family, too...our numbers have dwindled over the past few years, but we are still together...

Hugs to you and yours,
    Kathi
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    FUNNY!
    Laughing so hard I was crying and hoping my bladder held! I don't know what was funnier, the description of the toilet visit or the comment "you have to put the toilet paper in the fridge". ROFL! Thanks for the link, going to forward to family!
    mary
  • trainer
    msccolon said:

FUNNY!
    Laughing so hard I was crying and hoping my bladder held! I don't know what was funnier, the description of the toilet visit or the comment "you have to put the toilet paper in the fridge". ROFL! Thanks for the link, going to forward to family!
    mary

Laughter really is the best medicine
    I'm glad you enjoyed it and hope your family does, too. I go back to watch it several times. That guy really nailed it. Did you watch the Robin Williams one that was shown adjacent to it? It's funny, as only Williams can be. But this time, he loses to the Scot. I agree with you on the TP in the fridge.

Trusting that you had a nice TG. We sure did. I think I liked the long weekend best of all.
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    trainer said:

Laughter really is the best medicine
    I'm glad you enjoyed it and hope your family does, too. I go back to watch it several times. That guy really nailed it. Did you watch the Robin Williams one that was shown adjacent to it? It's funny, as only Williams can be. But this time, he loses to the Scot. I agree with you on the TP in the fridge.

Trusting that you had a nice TG. We sure did. I think I liked the long weekend best of all.

Had a GREAT thanksgiving, thanks!
    I was with both my girls and my new grand daughter! We all went down to Florida to be with my father, then headed back to Summerville to chill with daughter's family. It was warm down south and the food was good! Baby is getting big and it just warms my heart to hold her and I can stare at her cute little face for hours! She is SOOOO getting spoiled! We stopped at IHOP on our way out of FL and I let Laci taste some of my blueberry topping from my pancakes; she loved it! I am looking forward to sleeping in my own bed, however! Soon as I catch up on all the posts while i was away! At least working at home I can set my own schedule so I can sleep in if i don't get to bed until 2:00!
    mary