3 Years NED!!

mikew42
mikew42 Member Posts: 114 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Just got the results from my latest CT scan, all clear! I haven't posted in awhile, so for those that are new, I was diagnosed Stage 4 Feb. '04. Resection, 7 months of FOLFORI w/Avastin, and then RFA in October '04 for three remaining spots on liver. CT scans every six months since have shown NED. I will defer the naked happy dance to others (wouldn't be a pretty site), but we (my wife and kids) will be celebrating tonight. Mike

Comments

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    First of all.....

YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA!!!

NAKED HAPPY DANCE!!!

You know, if you are shy, you can do this in the shower!!! (I, of course, prefer the top of a bar!!!).

Grrrrrrreat news!!!! I'm 2 years NED on the colon, 1 year on the breast, so I am 'behind' you...lol..

Meet a gal 2 days ago that is a 21 YEAR colon cancer surviver...she shared that after her last colonoscopy, her doc said "See you in 5 years". To which she replied..."Oh, I don't think so, by then I'll be 90, and I'll take my chances!" WHAT an inspiration!

Hugs, Kathi
  • vinny3
    vinny3 Member Posts: 928 Member
    That's great news Mike. It serves as an inspiration to all of us who worry what the next step may be. Have a happy celebration!

• mrsriderman
    mrsriderman Member Posts: 48
    mike

i am so happy for == you go!!!!!!

lisa r
  • scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
    Great to hear the good news and to hear from you. I've been wondering about how you were doing. I'm a month behind you so I always think of you when my testing gets close.

Hugs to you and your wife.....missed you in Nashville!!!

Lisa P.
  • tamil
    tamil Member Posts: 13
    Mike that is awesome news! I hope I am just like you one day:) Celebrate, you so deserve it!
  • RunnerZ
    RunnerZ Member Posts: 185
    Mike,
    What awesome news! I remember my 3 year anniversary (now almost 6 years ago!) It was then that I truly believed that I had a long life ahead of me....and I better start truly living it! I made some changes, all good, and now almost 9 years post cancer have designed a life that is full and still largely imperfect! Congratulations....enjoy the night and the next 40 years!
    Z
  • Betsydoglover
    Betsydoglover Member Posts: 1,248 Member
    Hi Mike -

Thanks for your inspiring post. I am Stage IV (diagnosed May 2005) - have been NED since late August 2005, but scans are coming up next week. Always a high anxiety period for me and hearing your good news is great for me, as well as for you.

Betsy
  • spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
    Mike -

How great to hear from you - and what wonderful news to hear! Congratulations!

Hope to see you at CP-6 (still don't know where it will be).

Best regards

- Sponge
  • katienavs
    katienavs Member Posts: 88 Member
    Mike,
    Thank you so much for sharing the great news! It serves as inspiration to all of us. I will fall asleep tonight with even more hope than last night. Have fun celebrating!
    Katie
  • nudgie
    nudgie Member Posts: 1,478 Member
    Oh, come on Mike, let's do the dance, come-on start moving, shake that thing, move them hips, there you go, dance, dance, dance!!!!!!!!
  • kangatoo
    kangatoo Member Posts: 2,105 Member
    nudgie said:

Oh, come on Mike, let's do the dance, come-on start moving, shake that thing, move them hips, there you go, dance, dance, dance!!!!!!!!

Hey g'day Mike...great to hear the good news. Yup, I know it has bin a while since I was here last but I guess better than not at all. Keep crunchin up the years bloke.
    Cheers from oz.
    Ross n Jen

ps......I'm beginnin' ta wonder if Kathi owns any clothes...lol!
  • Hanac
    Hanac Member Posts: 55
    YAHOOOOOOOO!

Thanks for sharing. You give us all hope! I love to read good news.

Here's to NED!

Hana
  • apache4
    apache4 Member Posts: 272 Member
    Congrats! That is so awesome. It gives me, just a recent NED, so much hope. Thanks for posting your good news.
  • mwomack
    mwomack Member Posts: 78
    It is always great to see NED. It is the NED's that keep reminding us that there is hope.

MA
  • maggi
    maggi Member Posts: 31
    Celebrate Mike you deserve it. It's great to hear good news keeps us all going. Good luck! Maggi
  • hopefulone
    hopefulone Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    great news! celebrate & thanks for sharing . When one wins, we all win ! God Bless.
    Diane