All Hope is Gone

afraidinindy
afraidinindy Member Posts: 80
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Just a quick note to ask all of you to please pray for a miracle for Ron. They opened him up and said his entire abdominal and pelvic area is full of cancer which is very agressive. They put in a colostomy and sewed him back up. I plan to try to get him into Indiana University for a second opinion but as it stands now, the doctor said nothing more can be done but to try to keep him comfortable. If any of you have any ideas or know of someone else that has been in a similar situation, please respond. I will do anything I can to possibly get help for him if there's a hospital that deals with this type of cancer.

Lois

Comments

• dash4
    dash4 Member Posts: 303 Member
    I don't have an answer for you but needed to tell you that both of you are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Dash
  • dash4
    dash4 Member Posts: 303 Member
    I don't have an answer for you but needed to tell you that both of you are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Dash
  • oneagleswings
    oneagleswings Member Posts: 425 Member
    Hi Lois"
    Miracles can and do happen so I will most certainly pray for one as well as the strength to ensure whatever comes your way. I hope the second opinion is more positive..
    Bev
  • Patrusha
    Patrusha Member Posts: 487
    I am so sorry, Lois, that Ron's sugery turned out this way. I am praying for both of you. I agree, get a second opinion. There have been some people who were terminal and have been cured through nutritional means. Check out www.drday.com and see if you might find some help for Ron there. Prayers for both of you.
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Oh, Lois, I was afraid of that when we didn't hear right away from you.
    I have and will continue to call my 'prayer list' people, Ron will have quite a bit of prayers going up.....
    MD Anderson in Houston, and Cleveland Clinic are well respected centers.

All my big warm hugs to you both...
    Kathi
  • usakat
    usakat Member Posts: 610 Member
    Lois,
    I'm sorry to read your news of Ron. I have no suggestions, but I do have a wealth of prayers and good wishes to send you both.
    Katie
  • terril
    terril Member Posts: 296
    Lois, I am so sorry to hear of this news. My prayers and thoughts are with you and Ron. Terri
  • AuthorUnknown
    AuthorUnknown Member Posts: 1,537 Member
    I am so sorry of this news. My thoughts and prayers for both of you.

God Bless.
    Eleonora
  • spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
    Lois -

Good call to seek a second opinion. You might also consider Cancer Treatment Centers of America (I believe that's what they call themselves) - they use a combination of medical and holistic approaches, which is something I believe in wholeheartedly).

Keeping you and Ron in my thoughts and prayers.

SpongeBob
  • spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
    spongebob said:

Lois -

Good call to seek a second opinion. You might also consider Cancer Treatment Centers of America (I believe that's what they call themselves) - they use a combination of medical and holistic approaches, which is something I believe in wholeheartedly).

SpongeBob

PS - All hope is NOT gone. When we lose our hope, we lose our battle.
  • pjenks57
    pjenks57 Member Posts: 112
    My dear Lois I am so sorry to hear the news. Please don't give up hope as you know God can perform miracles. We will all send prayers for both of you and remember we are always there for you.

May God wrap his arms around you and yours and give you peace and comfort in this very difficult time.
    pj
  • mindy10
    mindy10 Member Posts: 182 Member
    Hi Lois, im so sorry to hear about the news. May God give you strength through this difficult time. I just went through this with my dad so if you ever need to talk please feel free to email me. Mindy
  • DK2006
    DK2006 Member Posts: 126
    Hi Lois,
    Don't give up hope. Sending prayers to you and your family.
    Donna
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    spongebob said:

Lois -

SpongeBob

Once again, dad, RIGHT ON....I actually contacted them early on for me....in Texas, I believe...impressive facilities....
    I also agree about HOPE....
    H - Have a good cry
    O - On with the fight
    P - Participate in the treatment
    E - Expect a victory

Hugs, Kathi
  • Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272 Member
    Dear Lois,

My heart and prayers are with you and Ron. I'm sending you strength and courage to get through the next phase. I hope a second opinion offers more encouragement and other possibilities.

Kay
  • scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
    Lois,

You and Ron are in my prayers!!!! I agree with Sponger, do not give up and please call "The Cancer Treatment Centers of America", there are now 4 of them and one is outside of Chicago (fairly close to you). I do phone interviews and know how to do things quick quick is what I have been told. Ron is so fortunate to have you!!!!!! Don't forget to take care of you too.

Lisa P.
  • jams67
    jams67 Member Posts: 925 Member
    I will continue to pray for both of you. jams
  • pink05
    pink05 Member Posts: 550
    Lois,

I am so sorry to hear about the news. Please don't give up hope. I agree with the others. Get a second opinion and go to the well known cancer centers. I have heard many great things about the Cleveland Clinic and MD Anderson. Also, Cancer Centers of America. I will continue to pray for both you and Ron.

God bless you,

-Lee-
  • StacyGleaso
    StacyGleaso Member Posts: 1,233 Member
    Lois,

I agree with what everyone here has said. Plus, I have this to offer...

Head to the University of Chicago. My surgery was done there, and although my surgeon has gone onto Cornell, everyone there is excellent. I believe that as long as someone is still here, the fight goes on. I would also jump on the nutrition/juicing bandwagon. WHATEVER IT TAKES!

Keep us posted, and stay strong,

Stacy
  • Betsydoglover
    Betsydoglover Member Posts: 1,248 Member
    Hello Lois -

I am sorry for the relatively bad news, but agree with everyone else. There is always some hope, so please seek a second opinion - it's a big effort, but as others have mentioned Chicago is not all that far and has some options.

Meanwhile, you and your husband are in my thoughts. Try not to give up.

Take care,
    Betsy