Robotic Surgury

ckd86
ckd86 Member Posts: 6
edited March 2014 in Prostate Cancer #1
On October 22, I had my prostate removed via a robotic surgury technique. The recovery stats I viewed before surgury regarding incontenence and erections looked excellent. However, it has been four weeks since surgury and I still have a catheter in since there is some sort of leakage in my bladder. I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has had experience with recovery from this type of surgury.

Comments

• This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • jb27457
    jb27457 Member Posts: 2
    Where did you have your surgery preformed at? I am considering robotic surgery in February at UCI, California.
  • l84thesky
    l84thesky Member Posts: 1
    Hi. I also had my prostate removed via a laproscopic procedure that used the Da Vinci robotics system. Fortunately, all went well and I was only on a catheter for a week after the surgery. Stress incontinence was a problem for a few weeks. Impotence seemed to be less of a problem
    Right now I'm coming up on 12 weeks post-op and everything's working fine. My PSA test came back less that .1 last week. Despite the great news and positive results, I'm a little depressed. I think I was so intent on ridding myself of this cancer that I didn't have much time to think about the gravity of the whole situation.