Update on Radiotherapy Tumor Ablation from Schuyler

schuyler
schuyler Member Posts: 32
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
Hi Gang, I see there has been some interest on this procdure, so decided to post this rather than reply individually to Janet, Peg and Margaret. I am in contact with University of South Alabama and have qualified for this procedure, so I may have some first hand experience for you in a few weeks. Check out www.cancerlynx. com for information. Website for University of S. Alabama is "southalabama.edu/radiology". A forerunner in this procedure is a Dr. Patrick Sewell, Asst. Prof of Radiology I Surgery, Jackson MS. Website is www.umsmed.edu. This is part of Univ. of Mississippi. Ohio State also offers services. I am very excited about this. If you have any more questions, contact. me. As I said, hope to have some firsthand experience soon. Best to all, Schuyler

Comments

• schuyler
    schuyler Member Posts: 32
    The correct term is RadioFrequency Ablation or RFA. Sorry, I was so excited when writing the first message. The best description of this is at the cancerlynx site. Schuyler
  • jkeen
    jkeen Member Posts: 33
    Hi, what stage cancer do you have? How did you qualify? I am 34 and have lung cancer, just heard about this. Please let us know how it goes...Jackie