Dry mouth

i had total thyroidectomy last year and this year i am going through Radioterapy.

can anyone tell me how long will it take after Radiotherapy things can be normal like dry throat etc.

i meant to have 30 sessions of Radiotherapy but due to early signs of sore throat my doctor thinks i am not able to cope with 30 sessions he did only 25 sessions of Radiotherapy. 

But now my sore Throat and dry mouth is killing me. i really appreciate if anyone can guide me how can get rid of this dry and sore throat.

i could not find magic mouth wash in LONDON. anyone can tell me what is magic mouth wash and how does it works.

Thanks

Comments

• Noellesmom
    Noellesmom Member Posts: 1,859 Member
    Post to the head and neck cancer site

If you have not already.

Magic mouthwash contains lidocaine is for pain. It comes in two forms, swish and swallow or swish and spit. 

My husband used Biotene for dry mouth.

• majaved
    majaved Member Posts: 3

Post to the head and neck cancer site

If you have not already.

Magic mouthwash contains lidocaine is for pain. It comes in two forms, swish and swallow or swish and spit. 

My husband used Biotene for dry mouth.

Thanks

Thank you Noellesmom. I couldnt find Magic Mouth wash here in LONDON. i will try to get it from somewhere else. 

My treatement is Finished and now am on Recovery mode. i dont know how long will it take me to recover. i only had 24 Fractions because my neck is burnt from radiotherapy and now a days using Flamazine to recover but my throat is getting sore day by day there's no improvement in it. 

• MCLuke
    MCLuke Member Posts: 1
    Dry mouth

I ended my treatment for throat issues (35 radiotherapy and concurrent chemo) on 11/25.  Today, 12/22, soreness still coming on and improvement is incredibly slow.  It seems that this takes forever to work its way through.  Hope things resolved well for you.

• Kathryn in Houston
    Kathryn in Houston Member Posts: 20 Member

Coconut water helps. It's an acquired taste but it really helps dry mouth. Swish it around a lot before swallowing. It helped me.. I hope it helps.

• Kathryn in Houston
    Kathryn in Houston Member Posts: 20 Member

Coconut water helps. It's an acquired taste but it really helps dry mouth. Swish it around a lot before swallowing. It helped me.. I hope it helps.