Myeloma

tamararajah
tamararajah Member Posts: 1 Member
edited March 2023 in Multiple Myeloma #1

Good evening all! I am about to start 10 days of radiation on Monday. I have been doing chemo for 3 months and I am scared. I've lived with lupus for 17 years, but was just diagnosed with multiple myeloma Labor Day. A bone marrow transplant is next and that definitely scares me. Thank you for hearing me out.

Comments

• Daystar
    Daystar Member Posts: 3 Member

Good evening, I too have multiple myeloma and has completed chemo and is waiting for the date for transplant. I was a bit scared initially but after researching the process, I am a bit more comfortable. Since we are in this together, let us keep strong and use this forum to support each other as best as possible. I believe you will be ok.

• dakemo
    dakemo Member Posts: 2 Member

Message of hope.

My mom was diagnosed in 2000 and received an autologous stem cell transplant for MM. She decided to fight. It was a difficult first year but every year after she grew stronger. She got a new hip from where the cancer had deteriorated the bone. She got some lower back discs fused.

My mom just passed last week, from a lung infection and other complications unrelated to cancer. She lived 23 years post diagnosis, got to meet her 2nd and 3rd Grandchildren and 2 great grandchildren. She told me, when she decided to fight, that cancer wasn’t taking her- and it didn’t.

Put your mind into fight mode. You can win. You will win. We are all rooting for you. Be blessed.

• Daystar
    Daystar Member Posts: 3 Member

Thanks for the encouragement Dakemo. I am fighting it and know I have already won the battle.

• QueensFaith
    QueensFaith Member Posts: 5 Member
  • Rosiedoch
    Rosiedoch Member Posts: 8 Member

My husband is at 8 months since stem transplant and though it’s hard he is determined to win! Even if I have to kick him in the pants when he’s struggling with the fatigue and lower back pain. I’m grateful for every day and hoping to get as many years as possible 🥰