PSA and chemo

Options
Frankiet
Frankiet Member Posts: 9 Member
edited November 2023 in Prostate Cancer #1

I’m a 73yo Started journey in 2005. Watch your PSA. Once it started doubling the * hit the fan , but chemo has reduced the level . At 741.5, I was in pain after the first treatment the pain subsided no pain meds except cannabis.

So far I’ve had

1. robotic prostatectomy
  2. radiation treatment
  3. hormone therapy
  4. Chemo. 7 scheduled 2 left
  5. implant AUS sphincter
  6. removal of AUS due to infection and erosion
  7. PSA currently 225
  8. 18 years of no sex
  9. return of incontinence
  10. Weakness and tired easily

Your mileage may vary and objects in mirror are closer than you think.

Comments

• Old Salt
    Old Salt Member Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options

So sorry about the long road you had to travel.

Best to start testing PSA after age 50 or so. Even earlier if family has a history of cancer(s).

• Frankiet
    Options

After just 10 chemo treatments over 30 weeks my PSA dropped to 89 and I took a break from chemo until my recent 860. I started another chemo other than taxotere, it’s Cabazitaxel so I had pain started around 600 PSA. Recent PET scan shows spread to liver. I hard 2 treatments and pain management with morphine sulfate 15 mg which makes life more comfortable. Hang in there, It will take a long time for your PSA to rise but I’ve seen mine go from 260 to 860 in 7 days. Scary 😟

• Old Salt
    Options
  • centralPA
    centralPA Member Posts: 260 Member
    Options

@Frankiet i admit I laughed out loud at your last sentence. The spirit is strong!

I agree with @Old Salt in wondering about Pluvicto. You seem a prime suspect for its use?

• Getreel
    Getreel Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Sorry to hear about all your challenges. Stay strong. Your story helps everyone that reads it.

• Frankiet
    Options

My oncologist suggested Pluvicto after the PET scan showed PMSA markers prominent. I was actually scheduled for Tomorrow 1st treatment of nuclear but last minute change to keep on Cabazataxel for a couple more doses. PSA tomorrow with infusion Wednesday.

• Frankiet
    Options

I hope to keep posting it motivates me if I know people are interested.

• Old Salt
    Options

Yes; we are interested and support you from afar.

• Frankiet
    edited November 2023 #10
    Options

I had my recent PSA on 10/31 it was 714.5 The 1st treatment didn’t do much. My doctor is in India on vacation but was checking on me and we went thru with Cabataxel on 11/01.

He wants me to switch over to Pluvicto ASAP so now I’m waiting to hear from Nuclear Medicine which was already approved.

Had extreme pain in right forearm and right hand last night. It was like an invasive concentrated pain which I never had before I had to pop 2, 5mg OxyContin on top of morphine. It was okay today so far. Will update when I get scheduled for Pluvicto.

• Frankiet
    Options

I am now scheduled for Pluvictu treatment on Dec 5th 2023. I expect new side effects but optimistic about it.

• Old Salt
    Options

I hope that the Pluvicto treatments will significantly alleviate your pain without undue side effects.

• centralPA
    centralPA Member Posts: 260 Member
    Options

When Pluvicto works, it seems to be pretty amazing. Glad you are getting lined up for it!

• Frankiet
    Options

I took my first Pluvicto treatment yesterday and will have a PET scan on Fri Dec 8. My PSA is 1525 at start of treatment. I’ll update the results.

• Getreel
    Options
  • Getreel
    Options

Frankie's, stay strong, eat well, low to no processed carbs and try to excercise. Lots of greens! Scary stuff you are going through. Know that we are all sending positive vibes, prayers or whatever universe healing has to offer!