Help

Options
2»

Comments

• Echogurl
    Echogurl Member Posts: 21 Member
    Options

I’m lucky in that things are moving quickly towards a treatment plan. My abnormal Pap test after my radical hysterectomy in Oct 2020 was just a month ago. The mets to my lungs is the same endometrial cancer. Told today that there was something on my brain CT from last week and now need an MRI.

I work full time and just had a great weekend away so sometimes I forget. I have no symptoms. Other times it’s terrifying and I’m trying to get my things in order. I’m lucky that I’m 61 and my daughters are grown, successful and happy. I really just want to get back to my active lifestyle, not doctors and tests but it is what it is

I hope the appointment with Dr B goes well ! Positive thoughts to you and your son. 💜

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,448 Member
    Options

ah, echogurl, so much going on for you. Please let us know what your plan is when it is shared with you. Hugs dear.❤️

• BettyB52
    BettyB52 Member Posts: 10 Member
    Options

Hi, Well I am scheduled for radiation to my left lung, I just had my 1st visit today. The next 5 will be the radiation treatments. The surgeon decided radiation would be better. Surgery would take too much of a toll on my quality of life. I will follow up with chemo. A 6 hour infusion every 3 weeks, over 18 weeks. Starting to feel the financial pressure of being out of work and the additional driving, parking and new prescription costs. Could be worse.

• cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

I'm glad you have the plan set and that the surgeon considered your quality of life. I hope any side effects from the radiation are mild. Let us know how it goes once you start treatment.

• Echogurl
    Options

Dear Betty,

I hope the treatment is not too hard on you. I’m still waiting for a treatment plan. Brain MRI was negative thankfully.

Stay strong.

• BettyB52
    Options

Hi. I have had my first radiation treatment yesterday and I have 4 more treatments over the next 2 weeks. It's painless and I have no side effects for now. Echogurl, that MRI had to be a nail biter! I'm glad you made it past that threat. So far, I'm doing ok handling things. I'm a bit surprised about that.

Hope you all are taking good care of yourselves.

• Echogurl
    Options

That’s great!. I start radiation treatment today. I’ve mostly been getting outside as much as possible and getting a lot of exercise. It helps with stress and staying strong is always good.

I hope your progress continues.

• FourBee
    FourBee Member Posts: 52 Member
    Options

Echogurl, How are you doing with the radiation?

Haven't seen a post in a few weeks.

• Echogurl
    Options

Thanks for checking in. My insurance company rejected radiation treatment and everything is on hold while it is appealed. I just got covid from a coworker, home tested positive this morning, so I’ll be off for a few days. I have been getting out to enjoy the beautiful weather, went on a long bike ride yesterday. I do a yoga video every day so that helps.

• BettyB52
    Options

Hi All! I've finished my radiation. It was pretty uneventful. No burns at all. They do the work you bring the body. I have had 1 chemo treatment Friday and given the meds to tolerate side effects, I'm feeling ok. I'll be off the steroids tomorrow. That may be a challenge but remains to be seen. I'm checking my hair to see if "IT" has started yet. I feel like I'm waiting for the other shoe(s) to drop. The chemo is CARBO/PACLITAXEL. Anyone have insight? Thanks, Betty

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,448 Member
    Options

Betty, while everyone is different, I think around day 7 - 10 or so you may see some hair loss. I think there is a thread that was pinned at the top, this may be the link to take you there.

Take a breath. Be kind to yourself. Hugs dear one.

• BettyB52
    Options

Thank you for sending that discussion. Looks like its been around for a while. I really appreciate it.

• Echogurl
    Options

Thanks for asking FourBee. I finished 8 weeks of radiation 6 weeks ago and the results look good. Still not recovered from that but I’m exercising and improving. The mets to my lungs is not responding to megestrol so now getting ready to start chemo. It’s overwhelming but am most concerned about not having hair at my daughters wedding. Trying to take one day at a time but it’s a lot.

• FourBee
    FourBee Member Posts: 52 Member
    Options

Wigs can be fun. Don't think about hair. Focus on health!

• jan9wils
    jan9wils Member Posts: 202 Member
    Options

It IS a lot! I had to wear a wig to my daughter's wedding but I had a great time dancing and visiting with people.

Jan