Help

BettyB52
BettyB52 Member Posts: 10 Member
edited February 2023 in Uterine/Endometrial Cancer #1

I am not able to get into any of these groups. I don't see my post and no one has checked my . I tried getting on weeks ago. I registered here. Looking for some feedback for my current state of affairs. I have metastatic uterine in my lungs. This started in Dec of 2021 and in June 2022 I had surgery on my right lung which proved my current diagnosis. I've been waiting more answers. Feels like I've been waiting and waiting. I think that tonight I read on line somewhere that my cancer is stage IVB. I suspect that I'm in big trouble. Couldn't get in for a pet scan (all booked for the next month) so I have a c scan scheduled for Aug 12, a few days later I will be talking to this obgyn doctor

Comments

• cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member

Thank you for adding the information about your past experience with endometrial cancer and your current lung nodules/lesions to your profile. That information really helps us to understand where you are with your treatments right now.

Seeing a gynecological oncologist as the next step certainly seems warranted to determine if there has been a recurrence of the endometrial cancer and/or that it has metastasized to the lungs. It’s always hard to deal with more cancer just when you feel like you were done with treatment in 2018.

Creating a topic like you did here lets the other members “see” your questions/comment. We don’t get notified when you add information to your profile, which is why no one has responded to you yet.

Once you’ve met with the doctor at the cancer center on Friday, come back and let us know what was proposed. We’re here to help as we can.

• BettyB52

Thank you cmb. It's a relief to know I've connected.

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member

Hi Betty:

For some reason the comment section wasn’t coming up so I sent you a message. I just wanted to reply to your message.

• BettyB52

Wow, what a time this has been in so many ways and it's not over yet.

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member

Hi Betty:

Have you tried posting in the Lung Cancer portion? You may get more responses. Wishing you well.

Kathy

• Forherself
    Forherself Member Posts: 963 Member
    edited August 2022 #7

Oh dear. I'm glad you were finally able to post where we can see it. I am so sorry you are dealing with lung metastases. Your original stage does not change. You remain the same stage with metastases. There are other treatments they can do if the lesions. on your left lung cannot be operated on. Immunotherapy is one and I think directed radiation is used too. I hope you get a plan soon. The unknown is hard to deal with. Are you at a cancer center?

Sue

• thatblondegirl
    thatblondegirl Member Posts: 381 Member

BettyB52,

I just wanted to join my friends in welcoming you here. I’m so glad you posted so we could try to help!

I’m very sorry you’re in this position. I hope you can get tests and information.

😎, A

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,358 Member

Betty, I am sorry to hear what you are going through. I am very glad you were able to get comments posted. Hugs my dear.

• Echogurl
    Echogurl Member Posts: 21 Member

I also just received metastatic endometrial now in my lungs diagnosis. Had a radical hysterectomy almost two years ago with brachy radiation. I have a radiation consult on Monday scheduled. Treatment will include progesterone drug therapy. I’m terrified.

Anyone else have experience with this treatment?

• cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member

I had a different form of uterine cancer, so progesterone was not been suggested for me. But there have been a couple of women here who were prescribed progesterone and took it for some years. One, oldbeauty, still checks in with this board, so if she or others don’t see/respond to your post you can try sending her a private message.

• jan9wils
    jan9wils Member Posts: 202 Member

Hi Betty,

I had endometrial cancer that metastasized to my lung. It was confirmed with a biopsy and the lesion was removed with a wedge resection of my right lung. That was biopsied as well and it was the same cancer that I've had all along, not lung cancer. Afterward I underwent chemotherapy, different drugs than the first cycle I had. This was in 2017-2018. Please let us know what you learned when you went to the cancer center.

• Fridays Child
    Fridays Child Member Posts: 277 Member

My hysterectomy was in 2012, followed by brachytherapy. Recurrence was discovered late 2017, with metastasis to a left pelvic lymph node and invasion of hip joint, along with mets to both lungs. Treatment was low dose carbo/taxol with concurrent radiation to the left pelvis, followed by full dose chemo.

Currently my recent CT scan was stable. The lung mets are gone. The mass in my left hip area has shrunk and remained stable now for a few years and may be residual scar tissue. I am taking Megace which I guess is keeping it under control for now.

Good luck to you both!

• BettyB52

Hi and thank you for your replies. Dr B (endometrial) ordered a c scan and felt good about the results, (r) lung healed nicely and there did not appear to be any sign of cancer beyond the lungs. Next appointment is Sept 6 with Dr O (Thoracic Surgeon) about the (l) lung, then back to Dr B for chemo. I really haven't had questions. My son asks me questions after I speak to a doctor. He and I don't have the same approach regarding questioning the doctors so, for his piece of mind, I asked the doctor if she had a couple of minutes to speak with him and she did. He felt much better. I am impressed with both doctors so I can relax.

• NoTimeForCancer

Betty, with so much going on, thank you for stopping back to let us know how you are doing. It sounds like you have a very loving son who cares about his mother, and I am glad you found a doctor who realizes that the patient doesn't fight alone. The love and support of family and friends is how we survive.

Please continue to let us know how you are doing when you can. Hugs dear one.

• Forherself
    Forherself Member Posts: 963 Member

Echogurl, it seems no one replied to you. Sometimes a post gets kind of lost. The treatment for recurrence in the lungs has improved. I am hoping you are moving along with your treatment.

Sue

• NoTimeForCancer

Shoot! Thanks, Sue, for catching Echogurl's post!

Echogurl, I am sorry to hear this. Please, do let us know what the plan is. We will need to keep a sharp eye to catch any of your posts, or don't be afraid to start a Topic so it can be started by you and about you.

• Echogurl
    Echogurl Member Posts: 21 Member

Thanks for the concern. I’m currently recovering from a CT guided lung needle biopsy. Got a pneumothorax during the procedure and am spending the night in the hospital. Hope to be discharged in the morning. This test is pivotal for my treatment plan so I’ll know soon. I’ll start a new thread when I have more info.

I’m sending Betty positive vibes, stay strong

• Fridays Child
    Fridays Child Member Posts: 277 Member

Sorry, guess I should have specifically mentioned Betty and echogurl in my post instead of just "you both." I wasn't trying to skip over anyone.

Yes, treatment has improved and I'm glad to see the updates. It does help when you have a treatment plan and can feel like you're making progress.

• BettyB52

Thank you all for connecting with me. Today I spoke with my thoracic surgeon, and he decided that I wouldn't benefit from such a big operation because I would lose enough lung to cause substantial loss to my quality of life defeating the purpose. He has referred me to a radiologist who will be getting in touch with me "if" she decides to treat me? That does not sound good to me. I keep getting this feeling that this is not going well. I'm seeing Dr B (oncologist for endometrial cancer) in 2 days and maybe she will start treatment. I Dec. 2021 I was told about the nodules and began this process. So much waiting. Could be worse I know.

• BettyB52

Thank you for the vibes!!! I saw your posts and I'm thinking you're just ahead of me in this process. How are you holding up?