Survive & Thrive - free online event

Read about this in a newletter and wanted to share this free online event sponosred by Northwestern University on Saturday 10/16/21. 

Here is the link to register:  https://www.cancer.northwestern.edu/events/public/thrive/index.html

On Saturday, October 16, the Lurie Cancer Center will host Survive & Thrive, a virtual interactive course for women living with gynecologic cancer--past or present--or those at increased risk of developing the disease, along with their families and caregivers. This course will provide current information, valuable resources, access to experts in the field, and an opportunity to connect with others in the cancer community in a warm and supportive environment. 

Topics

Integrative Medicine for Gynecologic Cancers
Alok Pant, MD
Alok Pant

Creating Space for Joy & Hope:
Utilizing Social Support and Community Resources

Mandi Buss, LCSW
Mandi Buss

Have No Fear, Hope is Here –
Sexual Health after Gynecologic Cancer

Traci Kurtzer, MD
Rajal Patel, MD
Traci KurtzerRajal Patel

Gynecologic Cancer Patient Panel
Moderated by Nicole Tasker, RN, MSN, FNP-BC
Nicole Tasker

Breakout Sessions:

Food First-Nutrition During Treatment and Survivorship
Caitlyn Leiva, MS, RDN, CSO, LDN
Moderated by Desiree West, RN-MSN
Caitlyn Leiva

Maintaining Emotional Health After a Gynecologic Cancer Diagnosis
Timothy Pearman, PhD, ABPP
Moderated by Drucella Stingley, RN
Tim Pearman

La Genética y los Cánceres Ginecológicos
Dario Roque, MD
Moderated by Catalina Delgado, MPH
Dario Roque

Updates in Ovarian Cancer Treatment
Daniela Matei, MD
Edward Tanner, MD, MBA
Karen Novak, RN, MSN, ACNP-BC
Moderated by Allison Saiz, MD, MS
Daniela MateiEdward TannerKaren Novak

Immunotherapy in Endometrial Cancer: Expanding Horizons
Emily Hinchcliff, MD, MPH
Raanan Alter, MD
Nancy J Anderson, RN, MSN, ANP-BC
Moderated by Mary Towner, MD
Emily HinchcliffRaanan AlterNancy Anderson

Discussions on Cervical, Vaginal and Vulvar Cancer
Dario Roque, MD
Eric Donnelly, MD
Jonathan B. Strauss, MD, MBA
Patricia Kaye, MSN, APN, WHNP-BC
Moderated by Allison Grubbs, MD
Dario RoqueEric DonnellyJonathan StraussPatricia Kaye

Comments

• cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited September 2021 #2
    Virtual Event on Gynecologic Cancer

Thanks for letting us know about this event. I looked at some of the previous years' PowerPoint slides that were online to get a feel for the type of sessions typically included in the event. Even without the corresponding audio, several of the older sessions looked quite interesting. So I expect the upcoming event will have some good sessions as well.

• BluebirdOne
    BluebirdOne Member Posts: 654 Member
    Woodstock, I am so impressed that you were able to post

the entire event for us. Formatting can be so hard. Thanks for posting. 

Denise 

• RainbowRita
    RainbowRita Member Posts: 72 Member
    edited September 2021 #4
    Thanks for sharing

Thanks for sharing that info, Woodstock. I signed up for it. Sounds like it will have a lot of helpful info.

• Maxster
    Maxster Member Posts: 102 Member
    Thank you!

I am so interested in this.  Thanks for posting.

• woodstock99
    woodstock99 Member Posts: 202 Member
    edited September 2021 #6
    You're welcome everyone.  I

You're welcome everyone.  I don't know anything about this hospital or these doctors but am on a number of mailining lists from breast cancer in 2015 and there was a link about gynecological cancers in one of those that mentioned this and I thought why not!   @RainbowRita - I copied and pasted and was surprised it came out perfectly.  I still can't figure out to how to insert the link so you can click on it.   

• SF73
    SF73 Member Posts: 317 Member
    edited September 2021 #7
    This is great!Thanks for

This is great!Thanks for sharing, Woodstock99! 

• Molly110
    Molly110 Member Posts: 191 Member
    edited October 2021 #8

You're welcome everyone.  I

You're welcome everyone.  I don't know anything about this hospital or these doctors but am on a number of mailining lists from breast cancer in 2015 and there was a link about gynecological cancers in one of those that mentioned this and I thought why not!   @RainbowRita - I copied and pasted and was surprised it came out perfectly.  I still can't figure out to how to insert the link so you can click on it.   

Dr. Pant

Woodstock, Dr. Pant is my brilliant, compassionate, utterly wonderful gynecologist oncologist. Dr. Donnelly was my radiologist and was warm and kind and wsa great about sharing information.  I don't know the other doctors. Thanks for posting this.

Molly

• woodstock99
    You are welcome everyone! 

You are welcome everyone!  Happy October! 

• woodstock99
    Molly110 said:

Dr. Pant

Woodstock, Dr. Pant is my brilliant, compassionate, utterly wonderful gynecologist oncologist. Dr. Donnelly was my radiologist and was warm and kind and wsa great about sharing information.  I don't know the other doctors. Thanks for posting this.

Molly

Wow Molly - great to know! 

Wow Molly - great to know! 

• dgrdalton
    dgrdalton Member Posts: 161 Member
    Thank you! I will check it

Thank you! I will check it out!

Donna

• Spydergal
    Spydergal Member Posts: 57 Member
    Thanks for information

I signed up, thank you for posting this. It will be good to learn more and very helpful 

• BluebirdOne
    BluebirdOne Member Posts: 654 Member
    It is sponsored by the Lurie Cancer Center

out of Northwestern, the #1 cancer center in Illinois, 6th in the nation, also earned an NCCN Comprehensive Cancer Center dessignation. They will have cutting edge information about the topics offered, I am sure.

Thanks again for posting this, Woodstock.

Denise

• woodstock99
    edited October 2021 #14
    Did anyone watch this? I

Did anyone watch this? I ended up not being able to as we had frineds in town for a wedding for the wekeend and they only time they had free was on Saturday.  I am hoping they will post the sessions on their website.Thanks.

• RainbowRita
    RainbowRita Member Posts: 72 Member
    edited October 2021 #15
    Missed it too!

Darn it! I missed watching this too. I really wanted to watch it, but totally forgot about it until it was too late. I had a lot going on that week so I should have put a reminder on my calendar. Sure hope they hope they post it on their website later. I sure am getting frustrated by these "chemo brain" episodes. I know that it will probably improve over time, but I hate how things just "drop out" of my memory for days at a time. I guess I have to do a better job of writing things down or using the calendar on my phone. Sure as heck can't rely on my memory these days! ;-)

• Fridays Child
    Fridays Child Member Posts: 277 Member
    edited October 2021 #16
    Thank you

From the beginning I knew I'd miss this due to a family wedding, so I also hope they'll post it for later viewing.

• Molly110
    Molly110 Member Posts: 191 Member
    edited October 2021 #17
    I wastched Dr. Alok Pant, who

I wastched Dr. Alok Pant, who was first up. He gave an interesting talk on the literature about medical marijauna and cancer.

Thanks again for posting it.

Molly

• Maxster
    Maxster Member Posts: 102 Member
    Saw some of it

I was able to watch some of it and it was good.  It was nice to be able to ask questions.  They said it would be available to view later, as a taped event.  I haven't been able to find a link so I emailed them. I'll post the link when I get it.

• woodstock99
    link to recorded survive and thrive conference recording

Thank you for attending Survive & Thrive!

Thank you for attending Survive & Thrive: Gynecologic Cancer Patient & Caregiver Education Program. We hope that you learned something new and were able to connect with other survivors, caregivers, and support organizations. The recordings have been posted and you can access them here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU227GXMsHQ&list=PLJYcr5PhvvTtHfXENeX-RL2fvLZ_VtQvz&ab_channel=LurieCancerCenter

• cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited November 2021 #20
    Thanks for the link

I wasn't able to watch the presentations when originally scheduled as I've been heads-down finishing a big client project the last few weeks. So I'm glad to know that they've posted them online. There were a couple that I was interested in.