Update

lighterwood67
lighterwood67 Member Posts: 374 Member
edited September 2019 in Prostate Cancer #1

Well, I had my PSA test the other day.  I got the results today <0.1 nanograms per milliliter.  The total PSA value from this assay system is standardized against the WHO standard.The test result will be approximately 20% lower when compared to the equimolar-standardized total PSA (Beckman Coulter). Comparison of serial PSA results should be interpreted with this fact in mind. This test was performed using the Siemens chemiluminescent method. My status as of today: fully continent; ED holding at around 75% with no add-ons. I do have a left inguinal hernia, which may or may not have been caused by the surgery. I go for a second opinion on that in about 2 weeks. Thanks to all you folks who contribute to this site. You folks have helped me. For that I am truly grateful. I keep quality of life issues in front of me. I am good for now. Smile, I am.

Comments

• Josephg
    Josephg Member Posts: 372 Member
    Great to Read

Time to celebrate!

I wish you the continued best of outcomes.

• Clevelandguy
    Clevelandguy Member Posts: 980 Member
    Great news

Good news Lighterwood, hopefully many more undectables  in the future.

Dave 3+4

• MK1965
    MK1965 Member Posts: 233 Member
    Great news on your PSA

Great news on your PSA results.

Even better news is that you regained 75% of your pre RP erectile function. To me, that is better sounding outcome then PSA result. 

That is what drives your QoL and makes it enjoyable Day after day. Just knowing that you can pop one up when opportunity knocks, is great feeling and gives you joy even if you are not using it every day.

Or maybe, that it is just my unfoftfeeld wish.

I am glad that you recovered all 3 function to your total satisfaction.

MK

• ufknkidding
    ufknkidding Member Posts: 48 Member
    awesome

day by day.  congrats.  i hope to experience some of ur success.

• VascodaGama
    VascodaGama Member Posts: 3,638 Member
    edited September 2019 #6
    Another Zeroooo

Lighterwood,

That is wonderful. Here is another zero to be celebrated. I guess that Woody is also smiling.

And we will join the party. Let’s smile ….

LaughingLaughingSmile

Congratulations

VG