Help hubby wants to end treatment early

2»

Comments

• dnelson964
    dnelson964 Member Posts: 21 Member
    4 weeks radiation pain point

I am a left sinus cancer stage 4 survivor. I am 3 years cancer free still and took a part in my cancer treatment setup as I am Doctor myself. Due to the severe internal pain and healthy tissue damage related to full course Radiation therapy I had 50% time with radiation followed by immediate 50% Proton therapy. This is not usually an offered option but I made it happen in my case and would highly recommend this to others. The Proton treatment is as deadly to the cancer but with no pain caused by over shooting radiation into healthy normal tissue. I also felt like stopping at 4 weeks had I not done this. My mouth, tongue and throat was so swollen and  I could not eat or drink also for days and I lost much weight. I used a mouth pain rinse prior to feeding with a protein- veg- fruit blender drink. This allowed me to avoid a feeding tube going forward. I was told I am very rare survivor at 2 yrs and still cancer free after 3 yrs. I had also lost my hearing in my left ear for 3 yrs but now it is returning after other none usual methods if anyone cares to know about.

Hope my info can be useful.