Up at night to urinate

Denise66
Denise66 Member Posts: 81 Member

I had my hysterectomy 10 weeks ago.  I was put in surgical menopause.  My symptoms such as night sweets came on gradually.  For the past 4 weeks I'm getting them every night .

This week, I'm now waking up in the middle of the night to urinate. Did anyone have this issue when newly in menopause?  Being awaken at night to urinate? 

Comments

• pato58
    pato58 Member Posts: 120 Member
    Hi

I did not have night sweats with menopause but I did have to go to pee at least once. Try to avoid liquids for a few hrs before bedtime.
    But, I did and still do have hot flashes galore during the daySealed

• Northwoodsgirl
    Northwoodsgirl Member Posts: 571
    Nighttime urinating and hotflashs

I can’ t remember exactly but I do get up to urinate more frequently. I think it was from radiation treatments but could have been from surgically induced menopause. I try not to drink many fluids in the evening.

Hot flashes were managed by taking Effexor or Venaflexin 37.5 mg daily for a couple years. It is an “off label“ use of the anti-depressant medication. No side effects experienced from Venaflexin (spelling?)  Use of estrogen creams are contraindicated for women with endometrial cancer typically.

Lori

• Denise66
    Denise66 Member Posts: 81 Member
    Thank you so much for

Thank you so much for responding. Everything that is new just makes me want to see if it's typical symptom of menopause .

You folks are great!