Scan tomorrow

jazzgirl
jazzgirl Member Posts: 240 Member

Arrived in Iowa last night - yearly visit to see family, retreat, jazz camp, and... preventive maintenance medical appointments.  This year is a big one - tomorrow morning I have CT scan and meet with surgeoun for 2-year followup.  Have been nervous about it for weeks.  Oh, who am I kidding - months.

It's comforting to know there are others out there who've been there done that.  Thanks. 

Comments

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    Been there, done that.

jazzgirl,

Similar size tumor almost 16 years ago.

icemantoo

• jazzgirl
    Thanks

Thanks Iceman - I've been reading pasts the last few days and thinking of lots of others besides me.  It helped to get some sleep last night.  Now my early morning walk to the medical center.  Take care.

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,060 Member
    Good luck with your scans!

Good luck with your scans! Will keep fingers crossed for you. Scanxiety can be really debilitating :-(

Alla

• jazzgirl
    Good description

Thanks Alla for keeping me in mind today.  Despite all my mind knows to the contrary, the fears and emotions kick in.  

• stub1969
    stub1969 Member Posts: 966 Member
    God's Country

Welcome back to Iowa!!  You'll do great today!  Looking forward to hearing a NED report later.

Stub

• Gtngbtr58 @aol.com
    Gtngbtr58 @aol.com Member Posts: 206 Member
    edited June 2018 #7
    Good luck

For continued good health and NEDS-June

• LMCRJB13
    LMCRJB13 Member Posts: 84
    You've got this!  NED, NED,

You've got this!  NED, NED, NED!  Best to you!

Ryan

• Tapman63
    Tapman63 Member Posts: 137 Member
    Good Luck!

Here's to a clear scan!

Jim

• jazzgirl

CT of pelvis, abdomen, chest - all clear.  Surgeon says we'll alternate scans now - ultrasound next year, then CT again, etc.  I am beyond relief and think I might sleep better tonight than in a long time.  Thanks for all the good thoughts and messages today.  Helen

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    Super happy for you! Way to

Super happy for you! Way to go. Now go out and celebrate then have a good sleep :)

• AnnissaP
    AnnissaP Member Posts: 632 Member
    Scans and tests have a great

Scans and tests have a great way of reminding us of what we have been through. Let's have them remind us of how we have made it and overcome. Much love!!!

• jazzgirl

Hi Annissa,  You are so right.  I had to go down the same hallway where I had my biopsy two years ago.  I barely turned the corner when I started crying, the memory hit me so hard.  Very different today walking out of there on air.

• stub1969
    stub1969 Member Posts: 966 Member
    I knew it!

I knew you'd have good news to share.  There are a few people (including me) that have scans this month--so let's keep it going!!

By the way, Jazz, when do you leave Iowa?

Stub

• daisybud
    daisybud Member Posts: 541 Member
    Happy dance!

Happy dance!

• Brock1969
    Brock1969 Member Posts: 80
    jazzgirl said:

CT of pelvis, abdomen, chest - all clear.  Surgeon says we'll alternate scans now - ultrasound next year, then CT again, etc.  I am beyond relief and think I might sleep better tonight than in a long time.  Thanks for all the good thoughts and messages today.  Helen

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As we say in RI, that's a BOOOOM!!!!! Awesome 

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,060 Member
    Yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• jazzgirl
    Gratitude

Thanks Stub, Iowa does indeed live up to its name the beautiful land. I’m fortunate to still have family and many friends here who are supporting me all along the journey.

• jazzgirl
    Happy dance

daisybud's comment reminded me of the Happy kidney dance I would do in the weeks following surgery - unbridled enthusiasm on the left (non-surgery) side, then a little tiny boom-chuka-lucka-lucka on the scarred right side.  Now after two years, both sides can dance with wild abandon [but nowhere near Annissa's skill level!]

Stubb: I'm in Iowa through July 7th, then a week in Louisville, KY, then 2 days back in Iowa.  I may make a side trip to Nebraska and/or Minneapolis....

• JoeyZ
    JoeyZ Member Posts: 210 Member
    edited June 2018 #20
    So glad you got to see Uncle

So glad you got to see Uncle Ned in Iowa!! So glad to hear he is doing well and spreading his good cheer around the family! I hope he comes to visit me Monday here in Boise.

• jazzgirl

I'd send him on, but it sounds like he's already moved on his own to others on the list and no doubt headed your way.  Love Boise!  Take care - keep us posted