Dealing with Lobectomy

1235»

Comments

• jill doctor
    jill doctor Member Posts: 1
    Jleach745 said:

Right lobectomy

I had a right lobectomy on Aug 17, 2017.  Were you looking for support or questions?  I had benign carcanoid tumor in my bronchial tube.  The took my upper right lung.  I am doing very well, back to work.  I am still trying to figure out what my new normal is going to be.  Hope you are doing well. 

Healing

Hello, I had my right lobectomy about 4 weeks ago, I am shocked by the extreme fatique I feel...I also struggle to find a comfortable way to sleep!  Are you doing walking for rehab?  I guess I am looking for any tips you may have :)

• ClaCla
    ClaCla Member Posts: 136 Member
    edited April 2018 #83

Healing

Hello, I had my right lobectomy about 4 weeks ago, I am shocked by the extreme fatique I feel...I also struggle to find a comfortable way to sleep!  Are you doing walking for rehab?  I guess I am looking for any tips you may have :)

Start a New Thread

Jill Doctor, you need to start a new discussion.  This one dates back to 2001, so you are less likely to get responses here.  I had a lower left lobectomy last August, which was followed up a couple of months later with chemo and radiation.  I do not think it is at all unusual to feel extreme fatigue at four weeks out.  My surgery was done by VAT, and I didn't experience much long-term pain.  But I have read where people do, and that they somehow used pillows to prop them up to be more comfortable.  Another good discussion group is at Inspire.com.

Best success for healing.  God bless.