Our appointment went well at Sloan today!

Ruthmomto4
Ruthmomto4 Member Posts: 708 Member
edited March 2018 in Colorectal Cancer #1

Dr Kingham wanted an mri so we have to do that before his appointment. I am not a huge fan of NYC or getting up early so tomorrow will be great fun lol  the nurse said his tumor was in a difficult spot so I don’t know if we will get surgery. i feel no matter what they will want an HAI Pump which is good. If anyone reads this and has had one side effects? and did you have to go into NY to have it filled? Just wondering about that, I like to know what’s coming our way. think good thoughts for us please! I am 48 years old and we have been together since I was 16 I am not sure how to be me without him. :(

so I really did not think they were going to do it, after speaking with the fellow. The dr came in he was so nice, not rushed at all. In fact we got there for a 10:00 appointment and we were done by noon. It was quick for the most part and everyone was very nice. So he came in and said he was going to open him up, put in an HAI pump, and resect everything he could, which might include rebuilding his bile duct with part of his intestine. He might have a drain for 2-3 months also. It’s a very risky surgery. We go back Monday for a follow up and pre surgery physical. My husband is all for it, doing lifetime chemo is not something he is willing to do so basically this is his only option to buy him more time, or if he can get everything a cure. Especially because the areas it keeps coming back in will be gone. I will stand by with whatever he decides, no matter what he will be getting an HAI pump to treat what is there. 

Comments

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Good Luck Tomorrow

This is going to be a long and tiring day but I'm hoping that you finally get some of those answers that you are so  looking desperately for.  Praying for you both.  You are a wonderful wife and caregiver.  Let us know how he does.

Kim

• Marley1983
    Marley1983 Member Posts: 16
    Sending prayers

Sending prayers and strength for your husbands appointment tomorrow.

~Traci

• BRHMichigan
    BRHMichigan Member Posts: 368
    edited March 2018 #4
    Praying for good news and hope!

I'm not a surgical candidate right now and I know how upsetting it can be.  And logistics of just getting to these appointments must be crazy for you. 

Please don't lose hope. 

• PamRav
    PamRav Member Posts: 348 Member
    Good luck

today. Sending prayers and positive energy your way.  

Pam

• airborne72
    airborne72 Member Posts: 296 Member
    edited March 2018 #6
    Overwhelming, but hopeful...

This is good news, even though it sounds complicated.  More important however is that it provides hope.

I wish both of you, and your children, strength and endurance as you progress through yet another situation presented by CRC.

Jim

• Ruthmomto4

This is good news, even though it sounds complicated.  More important however is that it provides hope.

I wish both of you, and your children, strength and endurance as you progress through yet another situation presented by CRC.

Jim

Jim!

what are you doing on here? Didn’t you have surgery today? How are you? Did all go ok? I hope so! I was telling my husband about you and how I was hoping you did well today!

thank you for  kind words! I am so nervous!  It’s not even me having  the surgery but it sounded like a major big deal, not that any are easy but this sounds a bit tricky. I will get more details next week.

rest and recover!!! 

• Mikenh
    Mikenh Member Posts: 777

Jim

You're supposed to be resting

You're supposed to be resting.

• Mikenh
    Mikenh Member Posts: 777
    I know a lady with a husband

I know a lady with a husband that did a lot of resections in one day and it was a long day. Best wishes on results.

• Annabelle41415
    Great

I'm so happy that they have a plan for him and he is willing to go with it.  Just hope for the best and go.  It sounds to me that he has been given a reason for hope.  Cut out what they can and put that pump in and get this out of him.  Thanks for the update.

Kim

• ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    You are still in the fight

and who knows what can happen, the will to survive is everything and fight to get the treatment you need. Hugs to both of you, good luck, Ron.

• Canadian Sandy
    Canadian Sandy Member Posts: 783 Member
    edited March 2018 #12
    Hugs and prayers for both of

Hugs and prayers for both of you.

• Ruthmomto4

Great

I'm so happy that they have a plan for him and he is willing to go with it.  Just hope for the best and go.  It sounds to me that he has been given a reason for hope.  Cut out what they can and put that pump in and get this out of him.  Thanks for the update.

Kim

Kim!

I love the new picture you are looking good! So pretty I would whistle if I could ;)

• Ruthmomto4
    Mikenh said:

I know a lady with a husband

I know a lady with a husband that did a lot of resections in one day and it was a long day. Best wishes on results.

Thank you

Mike!!!!

• Ruthmomto4
    ron50 said:

You are still in the fight

and who knows what can happen, the will to survive is everything and fight to get the treatment you need. Hugs to both of you, good luck, Ron.

Thank you

Ron!! I don’t give up easy :)

• Ruthmomto4
    edited March 2018 #16

Hugs and prayers for both of

Hugs and prayers for both of you.

Thank you Sandy!

I hope you are recovering well!

• Lily Flower
    Lily Flower Member Posts: 260 Member
    That's great news to hear

That's great news to hear Ruth. What a difference a trip to another hospital could make huh?! Your glimmer of hope is shinning through. Best to you guys. If you ever need anything, just give me a holler! 

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    I like the sound of your hubby

He sounds like he's got it together and knows what he wants. 

Tru

• Annabelle41415
    edited March 2018 #19

Kim!

I love the new picture you are looking good! So pretty I would whistle if I could ;)

Thanks

Thanks but I'm not able to whistle either - never could.  So glad that things are hopeful for you both.  Beautiful picture you have too.  Looks like a place to be during the winter months. Praying for you always.

Kim

• plsletitrain
    plsletitrain Member Posts: 252 Member
    Yipee!

That sounds like a good start.  I know your husband is a strong fellow so with the right amount of science plus his attitude, I think he can beat this!

• Ruthmomto4

Thanks

Thanks but I'm not able to whistle either - never could.  So glad that things are hopeful for you both.  Beautiful picture you have too.  Looks like a place to be during the winter months. Praying for you always.

Kim

I took that last summer

my daughter, my best friend who is also my cousin went on a very special girls trip to Turks & Caicos. We went to Beavhes there and we had our own private butlers. It was a gift from my husband it was simply amazing the best trip I have ever had.