Round 2 tomorrow

Ruthmomto4
Ruthmomto4 Member Posts: 708 Member

after the problems last week I am so nervous for this round. He has to see the Dr today she will be away tomorrow. In the hospital she told him it was just a reaction to the chemo but today she said she thinks he did have pancreatitis.  Honestly, it's so frustrating to keep getting different answers. So she decided to take the Irinotecan out of the mix this time, she thinks it caused it.  I hope that she is right because I am afraid if it happens again I think I will have a very hard time getting him to do it again. Her plan is still 4 treatments to shrink it up, resection, more chemo. I just hope eliminating that drug still does it. He will just be getting folfox and Avastin. It's going to be a long week. 

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Wishing him luck

And hoping tomorrow goes off without any problems. 

Be good to yourself in the process. The stress for caregivers can be bad. 

Tru

• lizard44
    lizard44 Member Posts: 409 Member
    Hoping all goes well tomorrow

and that the new combo  works better for him. As Tru said, take care of yourself, too.

Grace/lizard44

• BRHMichigan
    BRHMichigan Member Posts: 368
    Heartfelt best wishes

Hoping your husband stays strong and has zero (or minimal) side effects.  And like others have already said, please take care of yourself.  Remember how tough life could be before the big C entered our lives?  Yeesh.  I knew nothing about tough.

• Ruthmomto4
    Ruthmomto4 Member Posts: 708 Member
    edited October 2017 #5
    Thank you ladies!

Beth and Grace, how are you two feeling?

• BRHMichigan
    BRHMichigan Member Posts: 368
    16 days since surgery

Hi, Ruth. I am still really weak.  Got pretty sick Monday night from pain meds and it set me back a bit.  Met with surgeon today and got my staples removed.  They got 'all' the cancer near the big tumor.  Chemo is probably next and I am really scared of the infusions.  Trying to focus on the good stuff.  

How did your day go??

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Wishing the Best

Wishing the best for this treatment.  Hope that he tolerates it better this time. 

Kim