Help

2»

Comments

• button2
    button2 Member Posts: 421
    taysho said:

its go time

Well I finally have a date! My surgery is Wednesday Nov. 19th, I'm so ready to get things moving, but I guess I can't complain diagnosed 10-20 and surgery 11-19, from what I hear that's super fast although it felt. Like forever! I Am having a double mastectomy so I can do this once the right way and then move on with my life and not have to worry! Thanks for being so supportive on here, I appreciate it, I guess in the future I will be taking on your roles and supporting others as they tackle life and it's detours!!

Great spirit

Wow, you have a great attitude. You surely will help others in the future. Good luck with your surgery. It will be a relief to get rid of the cancer cells. Take care, Anna

• taysho
    taysho Member Posts: 19
    life's great!

I'm 9 days out from surgery and I feel amazing! I have been driving and off pain meds since 6 days after surgery and have already had 2 drains removed! I know not everyone had as good of an experience as I have had, but anything is possible! I go to the Oncologist Tuesday to figure out when and how much chemo I need. I'm just ready to get past all of this and get back to my life and my job! Keep your heads high, and always look for the positives, there is light at the end of the tunnel, just some tunnels are longer than others!!

• Puffin2014
    Puffin2014 Member Posts: 531 Member
    taysho said:

life's great!

I'm 9 days out from surgery and I feel amazing! I have been driving and off pain meds since 6 days after surgery and have already had 2 drains removed! I know not everyone had as good of an experience as I have had, but anything is possible! I go to the Oncologist Tuesday to figure out when and how much chemo I need. I'm just ready to get past all of this and get back to my life and my job! Keep your heads high, and always look for the positives, there is light at the end of the tunnel, just some tunnels are longer than others!!

Glad it went well

You're doing great! Ask your onc if there's a chemo class you can go to at your center. It really helps to know what you can do to help prevent or minimize the SE's. In the mean time eat healthy, do whatever exercise you feel up to & get your strength back.

Another thing you can do now before you start chemo is to start looking at wigs while you still have your hair, and picking up some nice scarves. If you have a local office for American Cancer Society you can pick up a free brand new synthetic wig from them, you can also get 3 free caps/scarves from them. If you don't have a local office check out their online products at www.tlcdirect.org. Many people told me my head would get cold and feel weird sleeping without hair - I used one of my free products to get a soft sleep cap and really like it.

• taysho
    taysho Member Posts: 19

Glad it went well

You're doing great! Ask your onc if there's a chemo class you can go to at your center. It really helps to know what you can do to help prevent or minimize the SE's. In the mean time eat healthy, do whatever exercise you feel up to & get your strength back.

Another thing you can do now before you start chemo is to start looking at wigs while you still have your hair, and picking up some nice scarves. If you have a local office for American Cancer Society you can pick up a free brand new synthetic wig from them, you can also get 3 free caps/scarves from them. If you don't have a local office check out their online products at www.tlcdirect.org. Many people told me my head would get cold and feel weird sleeping without hair - I used one of my free products to get a soft sleep cap and really like it.

I will definitely look into

I will definitely look into finding information about staying healthy! That's one of my worries! I know the cancer center I will be receiving treatment at has wigs and hats that I can borrow,I planned to look into that stuff on Tuesday while in was there.  I have also been keeping myself occupied by crocheting hats out of really soft yarn so that way my head isn't cold this winter!! I have decided if I really want a wig or not, I also didn't think I would be worried about not have breasts, but some times I do care... So I've putting my drains where my boobs should be ;)