Still Here :)

herdizziness
herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member

Thank you all for your thoughts and well wishes, it sure is appreciated.

Right now I'm in the OOU getting my weekly chemo, sure getting tired of every week but at the moment it is shrinking the tumors, so I'll stay the course.

I have been happy that every week I had been gaining a pound, so a gain total of 6 pounds were made and today I was hoping for amother one or hopefully two pounds because even 116 isn't enough for my body.  But no, I lost 2 pounds, so down to 114 and I was so pissed at my body, but half an hour later I'm calm about it, determined to eat more.  No wonder I lost Mom's wedding ring in the shower, I was crying to my husband I'm gaining weight and now it falls off? The two pound loss at least explained it.  This year if my parents were still alive they would be celebrating their 50th anniversary, it hurts my soul I lost the only thing I had that connected them, and that I inherited fromMom. Even though she was my step-mom, I celebrated every anniversary they had as my rebirth because they saved us (myself and siblings) from a life of hell with our birth mother.  That ring meant a lot. So it goes sometimes.

I'm able to go places and cook, I tire ever so easy, a trip to Chili's will wear me out, but I keep trucking!!!!  And I am enjoying life and being here, plus it's supposed to be 93 degrees tomorrow (92 today, but stuck in OOU) and I love hot weather, I enjoyed yesterday's 80's although most Santa Cruz folk were complaining about the heat, as for me, bring it on I love it!!!!

Winter Marie

Again thank you for the thoughts, love you guys

Comments

• lilacbrroller
    lilacbrroller Member Posts: 412 Member
    yayyy!!

Glad you're still alive and kickin'

feel free to post more often!

all the best to you

KarinCool

• Cathleen Mary
    Cathleen Mary Member Posts: 827 Member

yayyy!!

Glad you're still alive and kickin'

feel free to post more often!

all the best to you

KarinCool

Oh, it is so good to hear

Oh, it is so good to hear your 'forum voice'. Better still to know that you are doing better. Please know that you are here even when you are not here!  

I am so sorry about your Mom's wedding ring.  I wear my mother's and would be heartbroken if I lost it. She, however, is still very much with you.

Wishing you every good thing.....

hugs,

CM

• Helen321
    Helen321 Member Posts: 1,459 Member
    I know it doesn't mean as

I know it doesn't mean as much as the physical ring but my mom would say "You didn't lose the only connection, your brain is your connection."  She also used to say "the memory is the best picture ever and once you lose that, well that's okay because you don't know you've lost it".  lol  Congrats on the weight and shrinking tumors, I'm so happy that you are managing to get some on and get those gone. 

• geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Marie:

It is so wonderful to see you posting.  I remember George going through weekly chemo and it is nasty, I am sorry you must go weekly.  I will take your hot weather any day, here in Michigan it cold, rainy, and just yucky although we just had several wonderful days so can't complain too much.

Take care my dear friend and check in when you can.

Love and hugs, hugs and more hugs - Tina

• RickMurtagh
    RickMurtagh Member Posts: 587 Member
    ofc

ofc you are.  and so glad to see...

best wishes,

rick

ps i have to wear my wedding ring around a chain on my neck.  my weight goes up and down so much i don't want to bother resizing it, but it means so much to me.

• Easyflip
    Easyflip Member Posts: 588 Member
    Hey neighbor!

You're just down the freeway from me! I love this hot weather too. My son went to UC Santa Cruz. Too bad about the ring but your stepmom is in your heart and she's not leaving you anytime soon : )

easyflip

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Howdy

Good to see you posting.  Sorry to hear about your mom's wedding ring.  Did your hubby ever try to see if it was just caught in the trap because sometimes something heavier won't flush down the drain.  It's good to hear that you are keeping on some of your gained weight.  Glad to hear of your progress and for the update.  Hoping you continue to do well and always thinking of you.

Hugs!  Kim

• LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    Hi!
    It's so nice to see you

Hi!

It's so nice to see you posting on the board!  :)  I'm just glad that you're pain is under control, that makes all the difference in the world.  Sorry about the ring though, but maybe it's still in the trap....??

Take care dear,

Cyn

• Dyanclark
    Dyanclark Member Posts: 296
    Update

So happy to hear from you and glad the tumors are shrinking.  Get that weight on, eat lots of Ice  Cream

Luv & Prayers from George& Diane

• ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    Hugs Mate

All my strenghth to you and if there was a way I would send quite a few kilos your way, Ron.

• janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    Thank you for the detailed

Thank you for the detailed update. I am glad you gained some weight back and are able to get out some. Weekly chemo wow!!!. I admire you for your willpower to do that as I did Jeff (Steve and Nat) when he did it.

• herdizziness

Thank you for the detailed

Thank you for the detailed update. I am glad you gained some weight back and are able to get out some. Weekly chemo wow!!!. I admire you for your willpower to do that as I did Jeff (Steve and Nat) when he did it.

Chemo

I don't even bother to count weeks, I do get a week off every four weeks and I look forward to it, am doing something called Fufox which is Oxiplatinum, levicorn (spelled wrong) and what ever is in this pump I have attached to me for 22 hours, been doing chemo for four and a half years, you'd think I'd know my chemo's by now, it's too dark to open it up and take a look at what it is, when it gets light, I'll check it our, don't want to wake the house up.

i admit I didn't want to go in yesterday, but got over it and dealt with it, got to do what you've got to do.

Take care,

Winter Marie

• herdizziness
    ron50 said:

Hugs Mate

All my strenghth to you and if there was a way I would send quite a few kilos your way, Ron.

Thanks Ron

I'd gladly accept some of those kilos!!!!

Hugs,

Winter Marie

• herdizziness
    Dyanclark said:

Update

So happy to hear from you and glad the tumors are shrinking.  Get that weight on, eat lots of Ice  Cream

Luv & Prayers from George& Diane

Diane and George

Thank you, no Ic cream though Oxi every week, so now it's baked potatoes loaded with butter and sour cream.

Luv back at you both,

Winter Marie

• herdizziness

Hi!
    It's so nice to see you

Hi!

It's so nice to see you posting on the board!  :)  I'm just glad that you're pain is under control, that makes all the difference in the world.  Sorry about the ring though, but maybe it's still in the trap....??

Take care dear,

Cyn

Thanks Cyn

my son offered to check the trap a couple of days ago when he is off work (next Monday) so hopefully will be there. ;)

Thanks for being here for us, you are truly appreciated.

luv,

Winter Marir

• herdizziness

Howdy

Good to see you posting.  Sorry to hear about your mom's wedding ring.  Did your hubby ever try to see if it was just caught in the trap because sometimes something heavier won't flush down the drain.  It's good to hear that you are keeping on some of your gained weight.  Glad to hear of your progress and for the update.  Hoping you continue to do well and always thinking of you.

Hugs!  Kim

Thanks Kim

Yes, my son offered to search for it via trap when he is next off work. Just got through heaving up yesterday's food (had worse indigestion all night) and now everything is feeling good and danged if I'm not hungry already (10 minutes later), how quickly we recover., but trying to stay quiet until house is up and that's a ways off, probably for the better. :)

Hugs,

Winter Marie

• herdizziness

ofc

ofc you are.  and so glad to see...

best wishes,

rick

ps i have to wear my wedding ring around a chain on my neck.  my weight goes up and down so much i don't want to bother resizing it, but it means so much to me.

Rick

a It's so nice to see you posting, thank you!!

Winiter Marie

• herdizziness
    Easyflip said:

Hey neighbor!

You're just down the freeway from me! I love this hot weather too. My son went to UC Santa Cruz. Too bad about the ring but your stepmom is in your heart and she's not leaving you anytime soon : )

easyflip

Hey Richard

PM me your city, we'll get together for a cuppa or something :).  My son went to UCSC as well, he works for the city here now.

Winter Marie

• herdizziness
    geotina said:

Marie:

It is so wonderful to see you posting.  I remember George going through weekly chemo and it is nasty, I am sorry you must go weekly.  I will take your hot weather any day, here in Michigan it cold, rainy, and just yucky although we just had several wonderful days so can't complain too much.

Take care my dear friend and check in when you can.

Love and hugs, hugs and more hugs - Tina

Tina

I'll make extra sure to enjoy our hot sunny weather tomorrow for you ;).  Then you can send your rain here as we are still looking for some!!

A zillion hugs back at you my friend, thank you,

Winter Marir

• herdizziness
    Helen321 said:

I know it doesn't mean as

I know it doesn't mean as much as the physical ring but my mom would say "You didn't lose the only connection, your brain is your connection."  She also used to say "the memory is the best picture ever and once you lose that, well that's okay because you don't know you've lost it".  lol  Congrats on the weight and shrinking tumors, I'm so happy that you are managing to get some on and get those gone. 

Thanks Helen

I'm just plain happy to be here, last month in hospital they had me call my loved ones to see me,mI wasn't doing well apparently, so every day is better day so far!!

Plus I got to see my daughter, made things lots better when she flew out, she slep in little spring bed next to me while I was rthere, forcing me to eat and then when I came home same thing, a GodSend.

Winter Marie