Skiff ~ Home at Last...

Skiffin16
Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member

Now to stay here..., LOL

Well, I really appreciate all of the thoughts, concerns and prayers.., along with a few visits and phone calls...

I got to come home Friday, with strings attached..., well actually a tube a and a pump.

I am on nutrients, antibiotics through a PICC line (catheter inside my left arm)..

No food or water since July 2nd allowed, everything through the PICC line.

The week before that I couldn't eat or drink anyways without loss in everything. I was severely dehydrated and under nourished...

It looks like the fistula that I had is all but sealed up....

So unfortunately about two weeks more on the tube feedings before I'll be allowed to try food again.

So prayers need that will go well, no more holes popping from my stomach and I'll be good to go.

Well that comes with a bit of a learning curve on what I can and can't eat as well as before probably..

Keep you posted...

BTW, I made sure the boat was well cleaned up and polished before this venture, LOL...

John

Comments

• KTeacher
    KTeacher Member Posts: 1,103 Member
    So glad

So glad that you are home.  There's no place like home!  I am sure you can do a few more weeks on liquid nutrition.  Hydration!!!

Hopefully the girls don't get tangled in the tubes.  And so glad that the boat is clean and waiting.

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    Glad to hear you're home...

Glad to hear you're back home John. You need to stop going down so many bumpy roads, but at least you always get through them. I'm sure it is your suport and great attidue that gets you through the rough times. Your words and kindness has inspired so many on this site. Take it slow and get better. Prayers still going to you as well as Mojo...

Bill  10/2013

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    well, 2 more weeks isn't that

well, 2 more weeks isn't that long.  you'll be trying food before your know it and then, bam, you'll be out on the boat!  take it easy, drink a lot, rest often and just be good to yourself.  hopefully the next 2 wks will fly by and you'll have a good report for us.  praying for you and your girls.  i'm so glad you're home with them.  they will help you get better!

God bless you, John.

Debbie

• Guzzle
    Guzzle Member Posts: 710

well, 2 more weeks isn't that

well, 2 more weeks isn't that long.  you'll be trying food before your know it and then, bam, you'll be out on the boat!  take it easy, drink a lot, rest often and just be good to yourself.  hopefully the next 2 wks will fly by and you'll have a good report for us.  praying for you and your girls.  i'm so glad you're home with them.  they will help you get better!

God bless you, John.

Debbie

Home...

...is where the heart us John. You'll heal better there Im sure mate. And eating like a racehorse before long. So pleased for you both on progress G.

• Noellesmom
    Noellesmom Member Posts: 1,859 Member
    wonderful news

So glad you are home!  Now you can get some real rest and recovery.

• Crazymom
    Crazymom Member Posts: 339 Member
    difficulties

glad you are out...hope life gets a bit easier....ann

• michdjp
    michdjp Member Posts: 220
    Good news

So glad to hear you are home and hopefully feeling better.  I wish you continued healiand for a speedy recovery.  

All my best Michelle 

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,724 Member
    west coast T&P

John,

The USS Skiffin is leaving dry dock and returning to (light) duty.

Be healthy, stay healthy!

Matt

• Laralyn
    Laralyn Member Posts: 532
    Glad to hear you're home and

Glad to hear you're home and on the mend! Plenty of thoughts and prayers coming your way from me, for a speedy return to fishing and eating what you catch! :-)

• Duggie88
    Duggie88 Member Posts: 760 Member
    Glad to hear

John

This vacationing in the hospital has to stop.

T's and P's your way my friend. Shelley, as John has always stated, your a keeper. A hell of a catch John even if you ain't fishing. Hoping things get back to abi-normal very soon.

Jeff

• KB56
    KB56 Member Posts: 318 Member
    Home

John, I'm glad you're back home and can hopefully get back to eating and using the boat very soon.    It sounds like it all shiny and ready to go.  

Good luck as you continue to heal.  

Keith

• Jan Trinks
    Jan Trinks Member Posts: 477
    So sorry and so glad

John:

I'm so sorry I didn't know you had been in the hospital.  I was in NC for 10 days with in-laws and no access to computer as brother-in-law's computer was down.  But so glad you're back home and on the mend and even more glad the boat is clean and ready for you!  Here's praying everything is smooth sailing or at least not as choppy from here on out.  And it's so good to see that you haven't lost your sense of humor thru all this - you know what they say, Laughter is the best medicine!"  My best to you and Shelley and take care and as always God Bless!

Jan (Basketcase)

• patricke
    patricke Member Posts: 570 Member
    WELCOME HOME

Welcome home John!  I do hope that the worst is over, and that soon your lines will be  connected to a fishing pole going into the water instead of your body, as you are floundering on the bay again.  Sending lots of healing mojo.

PATRICK

• katenorwood
    katenorwood Member Posts: 1,912
    stay strong John

Before you know it you'll be back to eating all those fish you'll be catching.  I'm so sorry for this unwanted bump in the road.  Heal quickly dear friend !  Hugs sent !  Katie

• donfoo
    donfoo Member Posts: 1,773 Member
    welcome..

welcome back home John! Wish you a smooth recovery.

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    John

The tube is not so bad once you learn what you can and can’t eat through it. Last night I had a barbeque Veggie Rib sandwich, wow that was good when the juice got up to my throat and I could taste a little of it. Keep doing well my brother and we will continue keeping you in prayer.

Still in God’s Workshop

Tim Hondo  

• Mikemetz
    Mikemetz Member Posts: 465 Member
    Home always beats hospital

Even when a discharge comes with lots of strings (er, tubes) attached, it's much better than being in the hospital, so congrats on that bit of progress.  Hopefully the PICC lines won't be in much longer, and you can start to shift from tube feeding to oral feeding.  As many of us know, that's an adventure, but over time you can get back a lot of food options and eventually ditch the PEG tube.

Enjoy being at home again.

mike

• jim and i
    jim and i Member Posts: 1,788 Member
    Good news John. I keep

Good news John. I keep praying for speedy recovery and fishing days ahead.

Debbie

• cureitall66
    cureitall66 Member Posts: 913
    Good Deal!!

Glad to hear you're finally home. Rest easy my friend.  You will be up and running that boat in no time!

Prayers your way to speed up this recovery.

Hugs from Michigan

~Cris 

• Goyca
    Goyca Member Posts: 220
    Glad you are back home John.

Glad you are back home John. There is no better place for healing than your own home. I pray you get rid of the tube and start eating soon.

goyca.