Skiff ~ Home at Last...

2»

Comments

• Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Hondo said:

John

The tube is not so bad once you learn what you can and can’t eat through it. Last night I had a barbeque Veggie Rib sandwich, wow that was good when the juice got up to my throat and I could taste a little of it. Keep doing well my brother and we will continue keeping you in prayer.

Still in God’s Workshop

Tim Hondo  

Tube Food

I wish..., LOL

I don't have a tube... I have IV's that feed what they call TPN. It's just basically minerals and lypids, a milky colored fluid. It goes through a catheter inside my left arm that snakes around and dumps through the artery above my heart.

Antibitotics and anti-fungel goes through the second port.. It splits into two access ports going into my arm.

Parenteral nutrition (PN) is feeding a person intravenously, bypassing the usual process of eating and digestion. The person receives nutritional formulae that contain nutrients such as glucoseamino acidslipids and added vitamins anddietary minerals. It is called total parenteral nutrition (TPN) or total nutrient admixture (TNA) when no significant nutrition is obtained by other routes. 

JG

• fisrpotpe
    fisrpotpe Member Posts: 1,349 Member
    Fighter

you are an amazing Fighter with a swagger that says, it's only time and all this will be gone. 

thanks for inspiring so many and on selfish note for inspiring me

john 

• fisrpotpe
    fisrpotpe Member Posts: 1,349 Member
    Fighter X's 2

• fishmanpa
    fishmanpa Member Posts: 1,227 Member
    One step forward, two steps forward

And a step in the right direction. Sorry you've been going through so much tribulation. Feel better soon!

Positive thoughts and prayers

"T"

• TracyLynn72
    TracyLynn72 Member Posts: 839
    welcome home!

So glad to read that you're home!  Hoping the next 2 weeks are a breeze for you and you're back out fishing very soon :)

• Carolinagal
    Carolinagal Member Posts: 91
    You continue to be an

You continue to be an inspiration! You've been in my thoughts and prayers and will stay there. So glad to hear that you are home and on your way to better days!

• hwt
    hwt Member Posts: 2,328 Member

You continue to be an

You continue to be an inspiration! You've been in my thoughts and prayers and will stay there. So glad to hear that you are home and on your way to better days!

Home sweet home

Just being home will help the process along. Prayers sent. 

• ausrebel53
    ausrebel53 Member Posts: 74
    Skiffin16 said:

Tube Food

I wish..., LOL

I don't have a tube... I have IV's that feed what they call TPN. It's just basically minerals and lypids, a milky colored fluid. It goes through a catheter inside my left arm that snakes around and dumps through the artery above my heart.

Antibitotics and anti-fungel goes through the second port.. It splits into two access ports going into my arm.

Parenteral nutrition (PN) is feeding a person intravenously, bypassing the usual process of eating and digestion. The person receives nutritional formulae that contain nutrients such as glucoseamino acidslipids and added vitamins anddietary minerals. It is called total parenteral nutrition (TPN) or total nutrient admixture (TNA) when no significant nutrition is obtained by other routes. 

JG

So shocked

I was so shocked to hear of your condition John. It's been a while since I've been on here.I was very worried about you and very happy you are on the mend. Believe me you will really appreciate losing the tubes as I sure don't miss my PICC tube.I'm happy you are surrounded by loved ones, my wife helped me pull through...I really appreciate how much a loving wife makes a difference and I'm doubly spoilt because Kelly is a nurse, it doesn't get better than that LOL. Hope all continues to go well John, catch a big fish for me....regards Michael.

• Crazymom
    Crazymom Member Posts: 339 Member
    glad to be home

bless your heart....you have really had a rough time.   Hopefully all is getting better soon.  Hang in there for a few more weeks and then you can put the weight back on.  Ann