A future weapon to combat mutated KRAS sounds promising

Comments

• traci43
    traci43 Member Posts: 773 Member
    Finally!

Wow sounds promising.  I'm KRAS positive and hoping praying for new treatments!  This sounds good.  Hope they start trials soon.

• tanstaafl
    tanstaafl Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    stacking

Essentially this paper supports the potential of stacking treatments until the combined treatment works.  

That's what we do with both chemo and supplements.   Natural molecules in treatment, whether pre-approved from on high before the FDA or a billion years evolution, appear more likely to "play nice" in aggregate to cover more bases, although it is not a guarantee and may take skill to stack high and effectively.   

• devotion10
    devotion10 Member Posts: 623 Member
    tanstaafl said:

stacking

Essentially this paper supports the potential of stacking treatments until the combined treatment works.  

That's what we do with both chemo and supplements.   Natural molecules in treatment, whether pre-approved from on high before the FDA or a billion years evolution, appear more likely to "play nice" in aggregate to cover more bases, although it is not a guarantee and may take skill to stack high and effectively.   

Don't want to hijack this thread but have a question for tans

Your story is intriquing.

I know that you have spoken of your wife having surgery to combat her cancer and also she uses a number of supplements and immunotherapeutic agents ...

what types of conventional treatments has she had besides surgery?

Peace. ~ Cynthia

• coloCan
    coloCan Member Posts: 1,944 Member

I know that you have spoken of your wife having surgery to combat her cancer and also she uses a number of supplements and immunotherapeutic agents ...

Peace. ~ Cynthia

(I'll take a brief detour to post this recent item that may be

of interet to those with KRASmutation,

http://medicalxpress.com/print304174494.html

while 0thers who read this may want to find out more about ATT-11T,supposedly similar to irinotecan  but with less side effects)

• coloCan

Peace. ~ Cynthia

(I'll take a brief detour to post this recent item .......

which ended up being regurgitated so i'll exit the rut i dug with this German study on regorafenib,which is not too positive, as some here seem to have experienced

http://medicalxpress.com/print308569348.html

• devotion10
    devotion10 Member Posts: 623 Member
    coloCan said:

(I'll take a brief detour to post this recent item .......

which ended up being regurgitated so i'll exit the rut i dug with this German study on regorafenib,which is not too positive, as some here seem to have experienced

http://medicalxpress.com/print308569348.html

KRAS mutation

I am really glad that you are posting this promising research. My husband had the KRAS mutation. While I am glad that he did not have to have treatments that would have been ineffective, I also found it distressing that he did not have as many treatment options that might have extended his life.

Peace. ~ Cynthia

• coloCan

KRAS mutation

I am really glad that you are posting this promising research. My husband had the KRAS mutation. While I am glad that he did not have to have treatments that would have been ineffective, I also found it distressing that he did not have as many treatment options that might have extended his life.

Peace. ~ Cynthia

In early phase is something called NEXIRI for Kras

mutation, a combo of Sorafenib and Irinotecan