A future weapon to combat mutated KRAS sounds promising

Comments

• traci43
    traci43 Member Posts: 773
    Finally!

Wow sounds promising.  I'm KRAS positive and hoping praying for new treatments!  This sounds good.  Hope they start trials soon.

• tanstaafl
    tanstaafl Member Posts: 1,299 **
    stacking

Essentially this paper supports the potential of stacking treatments until the combined treatment works.  

That's what we do with both chemo and supplements.   Natural molecules in treatment, whether pre-approved from on high before the FDA or a billion years evolution, appear more likely to "play nice" in aggregate to cover more bases, although it is not a guarantee and may take skill to stack high and effectively.   

• devotion10
    devotion10 Member Posts: 623
    tanstaafl said:

stacking

Essentially this paper supports the potential of stacking treatments until the combined treatment works.  

That's what we do with both chemo and supplements.   Natural molecules in treatment, whether pre-approved from on high before the FDA or a billion years evolution, appear more likely to "play nice" in aggregate to cover more bases, although it is not a guarantee and may take skill to stack high and effectively.   

Don't want to hijack this thread but have a question for tans

Your story is intriquing.

I know that you have spoken of your wife having surgery to combat her cancer and also she uses a number of supplements and immunotherapeutic agents ...

what types of conventional treatments has she had besides surgery?

Peace. ~ Cynthia

• coloCan
    coloCan Member Posts: 1,944 **

I know that you have spoken of your wife having surgery to combat her cancer and also she uses a number of supplements and immunotherapeutic agents ...

Peace. ~ Cynthia

(I'll take a brief detour to post this recent item that may be

of interet to those with KRASmutation,

http://medicalxpress.com/print304174494.html

while 0thers who read this may want to find out more about ATT-11T,supposedly similar to irinotecan  but with less side effects)

• coloCan

Peace. ~ Cynthia

(I'll take a brief detour to post this recent item .......

which ended up being regurgitated so i'll exit the rut i dug with this German study on regorafenib,which is not too positive, as some here seem to have experienced

http://medicalxpress.com/print308569348.html

• devotion10
    devotion10 Member Posts: 623
    coloCan said:

(I'll take a brief detour to post this recent item .......

which ended up being regurgitated so i'll exit the rut i dug with this German study on regorafenib,which is not too positive, as some here seem to have experienced

http://medicalxpress.com/print308569348.html

KRAS mutation

I am really glad that you are posting this promising research. My husband had the KRAS mutation. While I am glad that he did not have to have treatments that would have been ineffective, I also found it distressing that he did not have as many treatment options that might have extended his life.

Peace. ~ Cynthia

• coloCan

KRAS mutation

I am really glad that you are posting this promising research. My husband had the KRAS mutation. While I am glad that he did not have to have treatments that would have been ineffective, I also found it distressing that he did not have as many treatment options that might have extended his life.

Peace. ~ Cynthia

In early phase is something called NEXIRI for Kras

mutation, a combo of Sorafenib and Irinotecan