Happy Turkey to Us Canucks.....update

maglets
maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
edited October 2013 in Colorectal Cancer #1

I know.....it's weird but yes!!! Canadian Thanksgiving is this weekend!!! roll out the pumpkin pies.....if we waited for the USA date we would be under 10 feet of snow.....just kidding.....

I love this holiday...so much to be grateful for when you are a cancer warrior.....hold my hand my friends.....(still waiting for this MRI result) but now it is 5:30 on Friday and who is going to call now? hopefully no one so I am moving to the kitchen for a glass of red wine and stir frying some fresh veg and sending love to all Canucks......Happy Thanksgiving.....

late Wed afternoon....so dear friends....all is well....scan was clear and cea was at 2. I cannot believe the depth of exhaustion that I feel.....how we must hold ourselves in a state of complete tension waiting for these tests. So I hopefully can send some hope to the stage 4s and to our long term survivors.....first diagnosis in 2005....seem to be NED for five years.....

having a little snooze now.....love to all ....mags

Comments

• maglets
    all

wait......I am sending love to all......what is a border after all?.....happy weekend to all

mags

• wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member
    maglets said:

all

wait......I am sending love to all......what is a border after all?.....happy weekend to all

mags

Love You Too, Mags

Have a beautiful Turkey Day. Mine here in the States in November will be a bit somber, but perhaps a good time for remembering all the previous ones. Our "Head Chef" will be watching from above saying "NO, NO, That's not how you do it!"  LOL

Luv,

Wolfen

• ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    G'day Mags
    I am sure the turkeys would be happier if it was pumpkin pie day. Hope you get good results from the mri . Have a great holiday with family. I have just come out of hospital. Have a bad flu. Bloods showed troponin which usually means heart damage. Trying to get well enough to have a scope later this month. Hugs to you from downunder... Ron.
  • LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    maglets said:

all

mags

:)

• pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    ron50 said:

G'day Mags
    I am sure the turkeys would be happier if it was pumpkin pie day. Hope you get good results from the mri . Have a great holiday with family. I have just come out of hospital. Have a bad flu. Bloods showed troponin which usually means heart damage. Trying to get well enough to have a scope later this month. Hugs to you from downunder... Ron.

Happy day Mags! ( eat chicken ,duck, grouse,or any bird but
    Those American monsters uggggg). LOL.
  • maglets
    ahhh

Wolfen...have a hug ....you have been through so much.....Marie....to me you are the master.....master of internet info and skill....Ronnie my darling boy.....I am so so sorry....gosh there boyo you just keep having the hardest time.....Ron I think you are the ultimate model for us who come behind.....the cure is sometimes harder than the disease....I am convinced we will look like primitive Inquisition experiments ....you have suffered so much to stay alive......

mags

• maglets
    pepebcn said:

Happy day Mags! ( eat chicken ,duck, grouse,or any bird but
    Those American monsters uggggg). LOL.

oh pepe

pepe...it thrills me to the core to see you......I think about you so often.....haha yes those American turkey monsters!!! haha.Ketz will give you grief on that one. Actually at our cabin this year we had wild turkeys for the first time.....booohooo they ate all my raspberries....

hope you are hangin in there dear boy......many hugs

mags

• pepebcn
    maglets said:

ahhh

Wolfen...have a hug ....you have been through so much.....Marie....to me you are the master.....master of internet info and skill....Ronnie my darling boy.....I am so so sorry....gosh there boyo you just keep having the hardest time.....Ron I think you are the ultimate model for us who come behind.....the cure is sometimes harder than the disease....I am convinced we will look like primitive Inquisition experiments ....you have suffered so much to stay alive......

mags

They don't fit in any European Oven ! Hehehe!
    By the way don't worry for me I'm very fine , just busy working !
    Hugs.
  • maglets
    pepebcn said:

They don't fit in any European Oven ! Hehehe!
    By the way don't worry for me I'm very fine , just busy working !
    Hugs.

working

working is good!!!! that is so good....back to some sense of normal???/

m

• maglets
    maglets said:

working

m

living

LivingNh sorry....just without thinking looked at the avatar and thought Marie who loves kitties....should be more mindful....

mags

• pepebcn
    maglets said:

working

m

I been working during all my illness except while
    Surgeries! Unfortunately now i'm working with the company lawyers to shut down the company , so no very nice work ! This morning was fighting with 80 guys to tell them the are going to loose their jobs! Fu...ing crisis!
  • johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member
    pepebcn said:

I been working during all my illness except while
    Surgeries! Unfortunately now i'm working with the company lawyers to shut down the company , so no very nice work ! This morning was fighting with 80 guys to tell them the are going to loose their jobs! Fu...ing crisis!

happy bird day

to you mags i have been wondering about your mri please let us know when you can.have a wonderful weekend my lousy scan is monday and i know it will be lousy i have been off chemo for 2 months because of hand and foot problems,things just suck for me right now but i still love ya...godbless...johnnybegood

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    maglets said:

living

LivingNh sorry....just without thinking looked at the avatar and thought Marie who loves kitties....should be more mindful....

mags

Ah yes

I do envy Cyn her avitar...as it is her very own sweet kitty!  So very cute.

I send my best regards to you and all friends north of the border. 

May your holiday be joyful...may you have bounty and enjoy each bite.

And please, please keep that bountiful snow on your side this winter...lol.

Hugs and love,

Marie who loves kitties

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Happy Thanksgving!

I so enjoyed celebrating two Thanksgiving when I was living in Ontario.  Food is my friend (I hope).

I hope you've enjoyed your wine and seasons harvest, and try not to worry too much about the MRI results. 

• ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    put pics on expression page

put pics on expression page. I am getting stressed.! I need a break.

• ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    maglets said:

oh pepe

pepe...it thrills me to the core to see you......I think about you so often.....haha yes those American turkey monsters!!! haha.Ketz will give you grief on that one. Actually at our cabin this year we had wild turkeys for the first time.....booohooo they ate all my raspberries....

hope you are hangin in there dear boy......many hugs

mags

Are you talking about

Are you talking about turkey's for real or Hokies? Don't mess with my birds! 

• Chelsea71
    Chelsea71 Member Posts: 1,169 Member
    Mags, how many pies did you

Mags, how many pies did you bake and what kind?

• maglets
    Chelsea71 said:

Mags, how many pies did you

Mags, how many pies did you bake and what kind?

pie

Hi chelsea....today is pie day.....of course fresh apple ....we live on the shore of Georgian Bay right in the heart of apple country so the Cortland and Spys are ready.....they make the very best pie for my money.  Then there has to be fresh pumpkin...I use a very old recipe from Madame Benoit...using fresh pumpkin.  I hope you have some family this weekend Chels .....will be thinking about you. 

Johnny good luck on Monday....with that scan....praying for results better than louseyyyyyyy.

Our only daughter just bought a house in Toronto so we are just off to go there for the weekend. SIL has a new BIG Green Egg charcoal bbque and that is how he is cooking the bird....

thanks to all for the wishes......mags

• janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    maglets said:

pie

Hi chelsea....today is pie day.....of course fresh apple ....we live on the shore of Georgian Bay right in the heart of apple country so the Cortland and Spys are ready.....they make the very best pie for my money.  Then there has to be fresh pumpkin...I use a very old recipe from Madame Benoit...using fresh pumpkin.  I hope you have some family this weekend Chels .....will be thinking about you. 

Johnny good luck on Monday....with that scan....praying for results better than louseyyyyyyy.

Our only daughter just bought a house in Toronto so we are just off to go there for the weekend. SIL has a new BIG Green Egg charcoal bbque and that is how he is cooking the bird....

Mags, enjoy your

Mags, enjoy your Thanksgiving. It has always been my favorite holiday, in act I am county down the weeks. I didn't know you had your MRI. I will keep you in my prayers. Mine is on the 29th (first day of bascetball season) and I get the results on the 31st (Halloween, 8 year aniversery of my colectomy). These dates are good signs to me, and yes cancer has made me superstious.

• jen2012
    jen2012 Member Posts: 1,607 Member
    maglets said:

pie

yummmmmmm...apple pie.   I

yummmmmmm...apple pie.   I was just thinking of going to the orchard and buying an apple pie - they are really much better than I can make!

Happy Thanksgiving!  I feel making a turkey dinner now!