Not so good news

So today I got my results from my pet scan and not so good. The Dr said its all gone but there was still a little bit that popped up on the scan. He thinks that its just tissue healing still but he don't wanna take it lightly. So now I meet with a radioligist monday and see if I need radiation. The Dr thinks its so small that I won't need it but I will have to go through another cycle of chemo. So much for it being done so now I keep going.

Comments

• jimwins
    jimwins Member Posts: 2,107
    Hi Micah

I'm sorry you didn't get so good news but the bright side is most of it's gone and maybe all you need is one more cycle to kick its a$$ for good :).  Was the little bit in your chest or neck (based on your profile)?  Hopefully you won't have to have the radiation (fingers crossed).   I know you're disappointed - it's like running a marathon and when you think you've reached the finish, they added another couple miles.  Like you said "keep going" - I know you can and you got lots of cheerleaders here (though my outfit doesn't fit any more :))!  Please keep us updated.

Hugs and hang in there buddy,

Jim

• allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    Sorry...

Hi Micah,

So sorry you have to do another cycle. I was told either 6 or 8 rounds of chemo but ended up only getting 6. I guess it's not uncommon to extend chemo when trace cancer shows up upon chemo completion. It sounds like your treatments thus far have gone fairly well..(per Bio) so hopefully after this next cycle you will be good to go! Hang in there and let us know how things go.

Best wishes...Sue  (FNHL-stg3-grd2-typA-dx 6/10-age 62)

• COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    jimwins said:

Hi Micah

I'm sorry you didn't get so good news but the bright side is most of it's gone and maybe all you need is one more cycle to kick its a$$ for good :).  Was the little bit in your chest or neck (based on your profile)?  Hopefully you won't have to have the radiation (fingers crossed).   I know you're disappointed - it's like running a marathon and when you think you've reached the finish, they added another couple miles.  Like you said "keep going" - I know you can and you got lots of cheerleaders here (though my outfit doesn't fit any more :))!  Please keep us updated.

Hugs and hang in there buddy,

Jim

Ah Come on Now

Ah Bullcrap Jim I hear you still squeeze into that pink TuTu and toss a mean bunch of PomPoms at all the NC games. LOL.  John

• jimwins
    COBRA666 said:

Ah Come on Now

Ah Bullcrap Jim I hear you still squeeze into that pink TuTu and toss a mean bunch of PomPoms at all the NC games. LOL.  John

LOL

Hehe - BUT my pom poms are sagging among other things!  Tongue Out 

• anliperez915
    anliperez915 Member Posts: 770
    Hi Micah

Hi Micah,

Don't get discouraged, I know how you feel sometimes we just want to get it over with! Well, that's how I feel :/ 

like my other buddies here have said, keep going you're almost there :) Take care

Sincerely,

Liz

• micah00
    micah00 Member Posts: 13
    Thanks for the encouragement

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. Im keeping my head high don't worry. Very thankful it didn't spread and that it has gone away. Just one of those moments where ya think "really". haha  The spot that popped up was still in my chest Jim.

• Bill_NC
    Bill_NC Member Posts: 133 Member
    micah00 said:

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. Im keeping my head high don't worry. Very thankful it didn't spread and that it has gone away. Just one of those moments where ya think "really". haha  The spot that popped up was still in my chest Jim.

What type subtype of HL you had ?

May I ask what type of HL you had? 

• Hi Micah

Hi Micah,

Don't get discouraged, I know how you feel sometimes we just want to get it over with! Well, that's how I feel :/ 

like my other buddies here have said, keep going you're almost there :) Take care

Sincerely,

Liz

Very cool dog!

Mine are mutts but lovable. One is half Boston/ half pug. The othr  if half Boston, half Frenchie. Your little guy/gal would have a ball with them.both were saved from the shelter. My very best friends!

• Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3
    Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3 Member Posts: 3,803 Member
    micah00 said:

Spot

Micah,

Your first post  at the top above said that the doc thought that the "spot" in your chest on the scan might be tissue healing.  If it was a PET scan, then of course that is very possible.  PETS detect "hypermetabolic activity" (fast growing tissue), and a wound healing is precisely that.   By the comment "gone away," I assume you mean it is no longer detectable.  I am very glad to hear that.

Like GKH, my dog is also a mutt, but he is "pure" mutt; no one can detect any purebread strain in him.  He strands at times as if he has a little pointer in him, but who knows...  80 pounds of hyperactive energy, although 7 years old now.  He too was saved as part of a litter at the local shelter.  We brought him home in a shoe box.   Totally gentle and a blessing to have around.

May all of your future scans show "gone away !"

max

• micah00
    update

Today met with the radioligist and she said it was my call if I wanted radiation. She said that the spot in my chest is dead! So radiation wouldn't really make a difference if i was already getting another cycle of chemo. Which is really good because I would have to get radiation everyday for 3 weeks. She also said when she looked at my PET scan nothing lit up so today was a good day of appointments. So next Tuesday I start my last cycle of chemo and once thats done I wait 3 weeks then I get a CT scan to see if the spot in my chest changed in size any. So I feel everything is going in the right way again. So I'm praying for the best.

• jimwins
    micah00 said:

update

Today met with the radioligist and she said it was my call if I wanted radiation. She said that the spot in my chest is dead! So radiation wouldn't really make a difference if i was already getting another cycle of chemo. Which is really good because I would have to get radiation everyday for 3 weeks. She also said when she looked at my PET scan nothing lit up so today was a good day of appointments. So next Tuesday I start my last cycle of chemo and once thats done I wait 3 weeks then I get a CT scan to see if the spot in my chest changed in size any. So I feel everything is going in the right way again. So I'm praying for the best.

Great News!

That is great news, Micah!  Thanks for sharing and I wish you the best also.

Hugs - Jim

• jimwins
    micah00 said:

update

Great News!

That is great news, Micah!  Thanks for sharing and I wish you the best also.

Hugs - Jim

• micah00
    Bill_NC said:

What type subtype of HL you had ?

May I ask what type of HL you had? 

I was stage 2B

I was stage 2B

• allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    micah00 said:

update

Excellent!!!

Hi Micah,

Now that is excellent news in my opinion!!! Smile No radiation and only one last cycle of chemo sounds like a great plan. Totally doable, don't ya think? Good way to to kick off the holiday week! Happy 4th of July...I'll be moving to the river on the 4th in 105 degree weather, so I'm not sure how "happy" I will be! Tongue Out ha!

Take care...Sue (FNHL-stg3-grd2-typA-Dx 6/10-age 62)

• micah00
    All Done!!!

Today was my last chemo and I'm so happy its done. They gave me my certificate of completion so its legit! I meet with the Dr Thursday morning and see what he says and what happens next. So thankful for all of this and the power of prayer from everyone that helped me through this. God is Great!!

• Rocquie
    Rocquie Member Posts: 868 Member
    micah00 said:

All Done!!!

Today was my last chemo and I'm so happy its done. They gave me my certificate of completion so its legit! I meet with the Dr Thursday morning and see what he says and what happens next. So thankful for all of this and the power of prayer from everyone that helped me through this. God is Great!!

Fantastic!

Fantastic! Congratulations.

Rocquie

• girliefighter
    girliefighter Member Posts: 232
    micah00 said:

All Done!!!

All Done

Congratulations...Great News!!!!

• jimwins
    micah00 said:

All Done!!!

Congrats!

Congratulations!  Certificate of completion?  Do you hang that on your office/cubicle wall like you completed training in CPR or Microsoft Excel?  LOL :)

Hugs andf happy you're done!

Jim

• Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3
    Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3 Member Posts: 3,803 Member
    Completion

Jim,

My infusion center has a ship's bell mounted, and when a person finishes his or her last infusion, they chime themselves off deck, as the Captian is chimed off his ship when he heads home in the evening...  A pretty cool tradition.

• Rocquie
    Rocquie Member Posts: 868 Member

Completion

Jim,

My infusion center has a ship's bell mounted, and when a person finishes his or her last infusion, they chime themselves off deck, as the Captian is chimed off his ship when he heads home in the evening...  A pretty cool tradition.

Certificate

My infusion center gave me a "Purple Heart" award for completing my chemo. It was cute and well-meant and signed by my doctor, nurses, and several office staff. Since I didn't have a cubicle to hang it in, I filed it away with my medical records. Smile

Rocquie