Dr called. I need chemo and rads

2»

Comments

• SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    coco2008 said:

The cancer treatment for

The cancer treatment for those over 70 is very restricted under the medical rules of Obama's "Obama Care".  I saw a part of the plan concerning older citizens and was shocked that this passed throgh the legislative system, but it did.

Part of the Plan

Part of the plan?  I think it would be better if we all hold off until we know what the plan really will be.  

Don't forget that the aging "Baby Boomers" will have a lot of political clout by the shear size of them.

Doris

• coco2008
    coco2008 Member Posts: 418
    SIROD said:

For Coco2008

Dear Coco2008,

Please remember that 70% of women never have a recurrence.  Until you learn otherwise, I would think you would prefer to think of yourself in that group instead of the group that has a recurrence.  There are all kinds of recurrence, local, regional and distant.

Yes, as CC stated, she had a recurrence many years later while I in my 19th year since diagnose have always been a member in good standing with the CancerCenter.  My first recurrence was regional which happened 4 years after diagnose and the next one was mets.  I began a wonderful hormonal drug that kept me NED for 8 years.

I wouldn't worry to much on what will happen when you are 73 or 78.  

Best wishes to you,

Doris

Thanks, SIROD.  I've been so

Thanks, SIROD.  I've been so busy trying to prepare for every eventuality that I wasn't looking at the chances of being recurrance free.  Thanks for reminding me that it's OK to relax once in a while.

• Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    coco2008 said:

I guess this means we can

I guess this means we can ride the Pink Bus together.

We sure will be on the pink

We sure will be on the pink bus for you coco!

Sue :)