Happy Birthday Tex - #70!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!******************************!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• NewDay
    NewDay Member Posts: 272

Scotland
    Yes Donna, I get the idea and many thanks for that delightful travelogue. I miss London occasionally but visit once in a while and I always feel glad that I've now lived most of my life in Scotland - it's a great place to be.

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
    Hoping you have had a most excellent birthday. You are awesome!

Kathy
  • jam66
    jam66 Member Posts: 55
    NewDay said:

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
    Hoping you have had a most excellent birthday. You are awesome!

Kathy

Happy Happy!
    Happy birthday friend! I know I'm not alone in appreciating all you bring to this board. Your research and insight are invaluable. Thank you.
  • Raine22
    Raine22 Member Posts: 33
    jam66 said:

Happy Happy!
    Happy birthday friend! I know I'm not alone in appreciating all you bring to this board. Your research and insight are invaluable. Thank you.

TW birthday boy!
    Hoping that you had a beautiful birthday with your family and friends!

I haven't been on the board for a few days. Getting back to work has been wonderful and I think it's just what the dr ordered!

Have you started the Votrient yet?

Thinking of you, TW, and wishing you a year of great success!!!

Lorraine
  • MedScanMan
    MedScanMan Member Posts: 107

Scotland
    Yes Donna, I get the idea and many thanks for that delightful travelogue. I miss London occasionally but visit once in a while and I always feel glad that I've now lived most of my life in Scotland - it's a great place to be.

Congrats
    Happy Birthday Tex. A nice ride to John O'Groats might be in order.
    Regards
    Jeff
  • tacyarts
    tacyarts Member Posts: 73

Congrats
    Happy Birthday Tex. A nice ride to John O'Groats might be in order.
    Regards
    Jeff

Happy birthday!!!
    Happy birthday to you, I sure hope it will be a memorable one, and may your next 10 birthdays be just as momentous!!
  • Proud_DD_of_TW
    Proud_DD_of_TW Member Posts: 3
    Oh you lovely people!
    However much I've tried, I don't think I've ever managed to give my dear Dad as lovely a present as you all have with such a special thread.

Having known him a while now, I'm not even remotely surprised to hear such warmth being expressed towards Dad, as in person everyone takes to him immediately, and the genuine respect and affection he engenders doesn't wear off. Still, I'm always thrilled to be reminded what a special bunch you are. I'm glad he's found the friends he deserves.

I'm set up to do battle with you all, though: let's hope I can find something sweeter to say him next year than you all do! And the same goes for the year after, and many more besides.

Pondering creative writing classes and learning martial arts, TW's darling daughter
  • Proud_DD_of_TW
    Proud_DD_of_TW Member Posts: 3
    angec said:

TW, what can I say? With all

TW, what can I say? With all of the valuable things you have posted on these boards with the seventy years of knowledge that you have acquired, I can't wait to see what the next couple of decades bring! All I ask is that each time you post something informative, useful and straight to the point, you give it to us in English! LOL

To make sure you have a laugh today, I am also adding a few jokes for you! Enjoy!!

I second everything the others have said. Here's wishing you all the best in the years to come and a successful road to NED! We will be there holding your hand.. You're the best!! xxoo

Angela

Q: What's the easiest way to remember your wife's birthday?
    A: Forget it once!

Q: What do George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, and Christopher Columbus all have in common?
    A: They were all born on holidays.

Q: What goes up and never comes down?
    A: Your age!

Q: What did one candle say to the other?
    A: "Don't birthdays burn you up?"

Q: "Were any famous men born on your birthday?"
    A: "No, only little babies."

Q: Why did the boy feel warm on his birthday?
    A: Because people kept toasting him!

Hoping to make you laugh too...

Statistics show birthdays are good for you: people that have the most, live longest
  • angec
    angec Member Posts: 924 Member

Oh you lovely people!
    However much I've tried, I don't think I've ever managed to give my dear Dad as lovely a present as you all have with such a special thread.

Having known him a while now, I'm not even remotely surprised to hear such warmth being expressed towards Dad, as in person everyone takes to him immediately, and the genuine respect and affection he engenders doesn't wear off. Still, I'm always thrilled to be reminded what a special bunch you are. I'm glad he's found the friends he deserves.

I'm set up to do battle with you all, though: let's hope I can find something sweeter to say him next year than you all do! And the same goes for the year after, and many more besides.

Pondering creative writing classes and learning martial arts, TW's darling daughter

We hear lovely things about you DD!
    Thank you DD. You have made your dad one happy, proud father! He speaks of you all the time and tells us how thoughtful you are!

We are deeply indebted to him. He has shared so much with us and has helped us all even though he has his own struggles. Given the great details he supplies to us, I have even thrown away my encyclopedias! We love TW!

Thank you for warning us about your plan of attack for next year, I suppose we all better come up with a better plan. ;)

Take card of yourself and please give your mom and dad a big hug for us!
  • angec

Oh you lovely people!

Thank you Alice for putting
    Thank you Alice for putting this whole plan into action weeks ago. If it wasn't for you it might not have come together so well! I hope you know martial arts. ;)
  • garym
    garym Member Posts: 1,647

Oh you lovely people!

Come into the light...
    Double Dee,

Nice of your dad to finally let you out of the bat cave!! Seriously, it is lovely to meet you, thanks to your dad I/we feel as though we have known you for quite some time. I think it is rare that a persons physical persona caries over to the virtual world like we have here, but as you know, your dad is a rare breed. We are drawn to him for the reasons you mention and because of his dogged determination to put others first regardless of personal sacrifice or situation. Please accept a virtual hug from me and pass a real one on to your dad for me.

welcome from your virtual family,

Gary
  • angec
    Last Year, This Time!

Last year, this time, we were all posting on this board to let a special friend of ours know how much we care for him! Today, a year later, I feel compelled to do it again!

TW, your absence on these boards is leaving many of us feeling anxious and sad!  My heart is very heavy thinking about you and I am missing you terribly! Wherever you are, I want you to know that you will always be very special to me! 

You will forever be my hero!  Love you always!

Angela <3<3<3

• pj_gal
    pj_gal Member Posts: 6
    Happy Birthday to you, Tex

Happy Birthday to you, Tex and many many more.

p/s: I remember you are the first person to answer my post. thank you for your kindness. I still visit CSN often but no postings.

• GSRon
    GSRon Member Posts: 1,303 Member
    pj_gal said:

Happy Birthday to you, Tex

Happy Birthday to you, Tex and many many more.

p/s: I remember you are the first person to answer my post. thank you for your kindness. I still visit CSN often but no postings.

T.W.  so glad to see your

LaughingT.W.  so glad to see your post..!!  Happy Birthday pal.. you deserve it..!!  And to D.D. sorry but I know you have given Tex the best present ever...  YOU..!!  Love you both... you made my day..!!

Ron

• angec
    GSRon said:

T.W.  so glad to see your

LaughingT.W.  so glad to see your post..!!  Happy Birthday pal.. you deserve it..!!  And to D.D. sorry but I know you have given Tex the best present ever...  YOU..!!  Love you both... you made my day..!!

Ron

This thread is from Last year!

Ron, this post was actually from LAST year! Maybe I should not have brought it to the fore again!  This was started last year by Alice and today was TW's 71st.  I just wanted him to know i was thinking of him and posted here.  We still have not heard anything from his daughter since last week when she said he was in the hospital with kidney failure. Sorry to mislead you.  That last post from TW was from last year.  

• ClaraW
    ClaraW Member Posts: 64
    angec said:

Ron, this post was actually from LAST year! Maybe I should not have brought it to the fore again!  This was started last year by Alice and today was TW's 71st.  I just wanted him to know i was thinking of him and posted here.  We still have not heard anything from his daughter since last week when she said he was in the hospital with kidney failure. Sorry to mislead you.  That last post from TW was from last year.  

Happy 71st Tex!!!
    Tex today is your 71st Birthday. As promised last year, we are all here to wish you a very happy birthday this year. I really miss you T.
  • Fizziwiz
    Fizziwiz Member Posts: 42
    angec said:

Tex, you have

made me feel welcomed, a part of, and cared for.

have a wonder-filled birthday.

In the Forest of Men,

You Stand Tall.

• garym
    garym Member Posts: 1,647
    Happy Birthday...

I pray this birthday finds you at peace in loving arms

• adman
    adman Member Posts: 336
    another great year....

Wishing you a very happy birthday. Today IS the day, my friend. Now get out there & swing the sticks. :) 

• Alexandra
    Alexandra Member Posts: 1,308
    angec said:

Last Year, This Time!

Last year, this time, we were all posting on this board to let a special friend of ours know how much we care for him! Today, a year later, I feel compelled to do it again!

TW, your absence on these boards is leaving many of us feeling anxious and sad!  My heart is very heavy thinking about you and I am missing you terribly! Wherever you are, I want you to know that you will always be very special to me! 

Angela <3<3<3

Happy Birthday dear TW and many more!

• alice124
    alice124 Member Posts: 896 Member
    angec said:

Last Year, This Time!

Angela <3<3<3

Happy Birthday!

Wherever you are, may you feel the love and admiration from your many, many friends on this Board and know that--because of your fine example--we are better people. You will live in our hearts forever. . . Happy birthday.