Hi mates it is FRIDAY ,any interesting plan for the weekend?

pepebcn
pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
edited August 2012 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I'm still on the beach but started 4th round of Xeloda and Avastin yesterday so...again headaches ! Hope gets better as I pretend boating on Saturday!.
What about you mates?

Comments

• LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    Hey Pepe, I haven't been
    Hey Pepe, I haven't been able to post on your thread in quite a while now, but we may actually have a nice weekend in Rhode Island if Rick is up to it. He was in the hospital for a few days this week for another blockage issue, but he had a pretty good day today. So, If there's no problems, we'll spend the entire weekend at the ocean.

You know, I just now thought of another post that I had read that said "You know you're a caregiver when...". I'll complete the sentence with "when you check the driving distance from the hotel to a hospital!". Yes....I really did that. ;-)

I hope that your headache is better soon - and enjoy the beach!! :-)

Have a nice restful weekend everyone!

Cynthia
  • Doc_Hawk
    Doc_Hawk Member Posts: 685
    Not sure
    I was going to spend the weekend resting up here at home, but now I'm thinking I might need to go to the ER tonight. I'm on a Z-pack for the infection in my lungs, but coughing a lot more today than yesterday and my temp is spiking up on me. If they admit me, I'll have my laptop so will be able to update.

Looking forward to toasting Jennie on Sunday!
  • abrub
    abrub Member Posts: 2,174 Member
    I have a ticket to Aida at GlimmerGlass for Saturday night.
    Should be fun!
  • steveandnat
    steveandnat Member Posts: 886
    Sticking close
    No big plans this weekend. Will try to have some family over for a bbq on Sunday. Can't believe the summer is almost over. Pray for everyone has a good weekend.. jeff
  • steveandnat
    steveandnat Member Posts: 886
    Doc_Hawk said:

Not sure
    I was going to spend the weekend resting up here at home, but now I'm thinking I might need to go to the ER tonight. I'm on a Z-pack for the infection in my lungs, but coughing a lot more today than yesterday and my temp is spiking up on me. If they admit me, I'll have my laptop so will be able to update.

Stay good
    Hope you bust through this problem real fast. I'm with you in the toast to Jennie. Pray all is well. Jeff
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Hi
    Hi,
    Well, we just dropped our daughter off at the airport for her first year of college. That is our big weekend news. My heart goes with her. She is a love. I am so very, very grateful that **** has been here with me through her graduation and now sending her off.
    I think I need some ocean time to heal my heart a bit.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • pepebcn

Hey Pepe, I haven't been
    Hey Pepe, I haven't been able to post on your thread in quite a while now, but we may actually have a nice weekend in Rhode Island if Rick is up to it. He was in the hospital for a few days this week for another blockage issue, but he had a pretty good day today. So, If there's no problems, we'll spend the entire weekend at the ocean.

You know, I just now thought of another post that I had read that said "You know you're a caregiver when...". I'll complete the sentence with "when you check the driving distance from the hotel to a hospital!". Yes....I really did that. ;-)

I hope that your headache is better soon - and enjoy the beach!! :-)

Have a nice restful weekend everyone!

Cynthia

Hi Cyn , I feel so sorry about the issues that Rick is having
    I really wish you can enjoy of a beautiful weekend in RI.
    I will be praying for you both, please give to Rick a big hug !
    Love you both!
  • pepebcn
    Doc_Hawk said:

Not sure

Hi Doc feel sorry you are not feeling very well.
    Please take car of this cough and fever!
    Where ever you will be, have a peaceful weekend and keep us updated!
    Hugs!
  • pepebcn
    abrub said:

Should be fun!

Great plan again Alice!
    Enjoy the opera.
    Hugs my friend.
  • pepebcn

Sticking close
    No big plans this weekend. Will try to have some family over for a bbq on Sunday. Can't believe the summer is almost over. Pray for everyone has a good weekend.. jeff

Summer is still hitting very hard here, we got an african hot
    Wave here, so we are in the 100 !.
    Will try to deal with it.
    Hugs Jeff!
  • pepebcn

Hi
    Hi,
    Well, we just dropped our daughter off at the airport for her first year of college. That is our big weekend news. My heart goes with her. She is a love. I am so very, very grateful that **** has been here with me through her graduation and now sending her off.
    I think I need some ocean time to heal my heart a bit.

Aloha,
    Kathleen

Hi Kathleen , it must be a double feeling isn't ?
    Any way I'm sure you are so proud !
    I think you need some ocean time as well! LOL.
    Hugs to Both.
  • steved
    steved Member Posts: 834 Member
    Summer? What's that?
    Rain and wind here so trips to the beach will be in raincoats and wellies for us.

Will try to get out for a cycle with the kids (thinking of the things that one legged life will rule out for a time) and get some garden time in between showers.

Still in post-Olympic blues here and the country feels a bit lost as to what to do with itself! Bring on the paralympics- start next week.

steve
  • MrsJP
    MrsJP Member Posts: 157
    The beach....
    ...sounds like a nice place to relax. We will be heading north to the mountains to look over the beautiful scenery. It's always refreshing to go back to the place I call my home away from home.

Thinking of all my csn friends and sending peaceful thoughts your way. Hope you all can have a relaxing weekend.

jp
  • YoVita
    YoVita Member Posts: 590 Member
    Hope your headaches get better. Just a relaxing weekend for me. Still recovering well from lung surgery - but not fast enough - I'm very impatient!
  • Doc_Hawk
    abrub said:

Should be fun!

Aida
    Is that the Verdi opera or the musical based off of it?
  • Doc_Hawk
    pepebcn said:

Hi Doc feel sorry you are not feeling very well.
    Please take car of this cough and fever!
    Where ever you will be, have a peaceful weekend and keep us updated!
    Hugs!

Went to the ER last night and it's pneumonia. The doc asked where I'd be more comfortable ("I dunno, doc, that iron maiden looks cozy") so I opted to come home to recoup.
  • Kenny H.
    Kenny H. Member Posts: 502 Member
    YoVita said:

Hope your headaches get better. Just a relaxing weekend for me. Still recovering well from lung surgery - but not fast enough - I'm very impatient!

Absolutly nothing. Its just
    Absolutly nothing. Its just to hot here....Good luck in the boat Pepe!
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    Kenny H. said:

Absolutly nothing. Its just
    Absolutly nothing. Its just to hot here....Good luck in the boat Pepe!

oh pepe sorry
    sooo sorry about your headaches.....that hot weather is hard on you I am sure.....feel better.

going to a party in the country on saturday where we will feast on fresh produce.....field tomatoes, basil, corn on the cob and barbequed chicken....and and vhino verde...

cheers pepe////

sorry out of the loop here.....how can I celebrate Jennie....???? is there a communal toast here....??? can someone let me know please.....

mags
  • wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member
    maglets said:

oh pepe sorry
    sooo sorry about your headaches.....that hot weather is hard on you I am sure.....feel better.

going to a party in the country on saturday where we will feast on fresh produce.....field tomatoes, basil, corn on the cob and barbequed chicken....and and vhino verde...

cheers pepe////

sorry out of the loop here.....how can I celebrate Jennie....???? is there a communal toast here....??? can someone let me know please.....

mags

Mags
    See Doc's thread Tribute for Jennie. Near the end, Marie has provided times, etc.

No booze for me, but a soda will suffice.

Luv,

Wolfen
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Stocking our RV
    We are going to stock our RV since we are going camping for Labor Day. Most of everything is in there clothes, spices, toiletries, shoes, etc., the only thing we need to bring is food, even got a washer/dryer if I'm feeling like being domesticated :) This weekend we have a church picnic (not our main church but a secondary) so were kind of crashing it LOL. Also going to see a movie. Hope you enjoy the beech and hoping that you feel better soon.

Hugs! Kim