Anyone have remission after distant node involvement

lepperl
lepperl Member Posts: 39
Hi,

I was just wondering are there any stage 4's on the board that have reached remission with retroperitoneal or inguinal node involvement.

Thanks Lori

Comments

• pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Dear Lori couple of years ago Had retroperitoneal
    Nodes involved after 12 rounds everything disappeared , unfortunately after 8 month had recurrence in collarbone nodes currently back in treatment.
    Good luck!
    Pepe,Barcelona.
  • lepperl
    lepperl Member Posts: 39
    pepebcn said:

Dear Lori couple of years ago Had retroperitoneal
    Nodes involved after 12 rounds everything disappeared , unfortunately after 8 month had recurrence in collarbone nodes currently back in treatment.
    Good luck!
    Pepe,Barcelona.

thanks for your reply. gives
    thanks for your reply. gives me hope. So sorry about your new recurrance. Hope chemo works again for you.
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    lepperl said:

thanks for your reply. gives
    thanks for your reply. gives me hope. So sorry about your new recurrance. Hope chemo works again for you.

Just for your hope, Kathryn in MN had also lymph node mets in
    The paraaorthic area ( I think), she's been radiated and she's NED since quite a few months ago!
    Hope it helps to you.
  • Kathryn_in_MN
    Kathryn_in_MN Member Posts: 1,252 Member
    pepebcn said:

The paraaorthic area ( I think), she's been radiated and she's NED since quite a few months ago!
    Hope it helps to you.

not now
    chemo took out para aortic. radiation took out one by the esophagus and several in the upper abdomen. I had almost 8 months of a treatment break, but my labs have gotten progressively worse - things are changing again. These last 8 months were wonderful!
  • Kathryn_in_MN
    Kathryn_in_MN Member Posts: 1,252 Member
    pepebcn said:

Hope it helps to you.

delete
    delete
  • tanstaafl
    tanstaafl Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    a different drumbeat, including the IV vit C
    Surgeons took out my wife's para aortic cluster of metastatic nodes. Various lesions shrank or disappeared while on the initial immunological neoadjuvant treatments and then the immunochemo + largely LEF style supplements, but not all of the mets. CEA, initially over 20, has been maintained under 4 since the last surgery 15 months ago and is currently well in the normal range, despite what appears to be 1-2 residual mets rearing to go (CEA doubling time as fast as ~40 days) if immunochemo falters for long on any major pills (K, PSK+WGP, oral 5FU/UFT, LV).

We were turned down four times on surgery for the para-aortic lymph nodes until we turned around a head of surgery who had trained at MD Anderson. However, since he and we could not see eye-to-eye on important "extras" during surgery, based on Japanese research papers, we found a hot shot Japanese trained surgeon who could accept the chemo pill additions (and benefit) of the Japanese research.

Previously, a CUPS paper that I used in choosing my wife's long term UFT+ + + immunochemo program, showed long term success in dealing with inguinal nodes. CUPS is often considered worse than "mere" mCRC. Xeloda (capecitabine) is essentially dimerized 5DFUR. 5DFUR was used after UFT, as being "stronger". We are still aiming for follow-on curative surgery(s), like the CUPS paper, to get the rest of the mets, when it is clearly identified which thingies are the troublesome mets. 29 months since stage IV became grossly symptomatic.
  • Randy33
    Randy33 Member Posts: 69 Member
    I had mets to a lymph node
    I had mets to a lymph node at the base of my neck and in my liver. After 10 rounds of Folfox + Avastin they had both disappeared. I have been NED for the past 3.5 years.