Prayers Deparately Needed-Update Still need PRAYERS July 3rd

Options
deb824
deb824 Member Posts: 21
edited July 2012 in Colorectal Cancer #1
So Bill has been in ICU since Friday. He is holding his own and getting a little better. He is on a ventilator and it is turned up fairly high because they are giving him massive quantities of fluids and the thought is there is fluid in his lungs. The Dr wants to go back in and connect his colon. They left everything open knowing they had to go back in. I guess there is a time frame for reconnecting, so they were giving him platlets yesterday in anticipation of surgery today. Still do not know if surgery is a go, but I will presume it is, as they want this done. Dr is hoping to do a temporary ileotomy which can be reversed many months down the road (there will be no rush to reverse this time)Also she is hoping that she does not have to remove any more of his colon. Need I say that I am scared beyond belief of this next surgery??? I am trying to stay positive but I am also trying to be realistic.....I will say this out loud... Please God let everything be alright!!! God bless all of you courageous and wonderful "friends"
Deb

Bill who is in the hospital for a blockage had an 8 hour surgery yesterday to clear the blockage. The surgeon said his intestines were a mess, full of adhesions again.And full of stool. Bottom line is his colon ruptured during the surgery in 3 places and fecal matter spilled into his stomach. She could not repair the tears and removed most of the colon. He will still be able to eventually have a resection and normal bowel funtion without a bag even tho he might need another temporary bag. Right now he is in ICU and sedated so he does not wake up until they can finish this surgery, which is a 2 part deal. He did well during the first part as far as being stable.Surgeon hopes to go back in Monday. His condition is guarded, but she said if he develops Sepsis that could change. PLEASE PLEASE send all your prayers Bill's way for a recovery!!!! His fight against his stage 2 cancer (which I just found out last night has only begun!!!!!
Thanking everyone in advance for their PRAYERS!!!!
Deb

Comments

• steved
    steved Member Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Thoughts across the pond
    You will be in my thoughts- it is good news that he remains stable. Is frustrating to have to wait till Monday which is hard on you too. It is a long journey but just focus on the here and now and supporting him and yourself getting through this next few days.

All the best from here in England,
    steve
  • tommycat
    tommycat Member Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear this Deb---a
    Sorry to hear this Deb---a scary time for you all. Good thing he's in good hands at the hospital.
    Will put him in my prayers/good mojos tonight (as I do every night for this entire Board).
    Remember to breathe.....
    Take good care~
    Tommycat
  • steveandnat
    steveandnat Member Posts: 886
    Options
    strong prayers
    Sorry to hear about this difficulty and sending strong prayers your way. Jeff
  • danker
    danker Member Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Deb824
    You have my prayers. Hope everything works out OK.
  • thxmiker
    thxmiker Member Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    We are sending our thoughts
    We are sending our thoughts and prayers to your family.

Stay Strong.
    Best Always, mike
  • janie1
    janie1 Member Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    thxmiker said:

We are sending our thoughts
    We are sending our thoughts and prayers to your family.

Stay Strong.
    Best Always, mike

Will be thinking of you and
    Will be thinking of you and praying for a good recovery.
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    Prayers
    Prayers on the way that the second part of his surgery is successful and he remain stable.

Kim
  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options

Prayers
    Prayers on the way that the second part of his surgery is successful and he remain stable.

Kim

Prayers being sent
    Please keep us updated

Jennie
  • Semira
    Semira Member Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Thinking of you and keeping
    Thinking of you and keeping all fingers crossed!
    Petra
  • smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Semira said:

Thinking of you and keeping
    Thinking of you and keeping all fingers crossed!
    Petra

Prayers coming your way,
    Prayers coming your way, stay strong.
  • relaxoutdoors08
    relaxoutdoors08 Member Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Prayers for Bill
    Deb,
    Prayers for Bill. Stage II Colon Cancer is beatable...good prognosis....So prayers for a successful surgery. Sending Healing thoughts your way for Bill.
    NB
  • Phil64
    Phil64 Member Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    My Prayer
    Dear Lord, be with Deb and Bill during this difficult time. Guide Bill's doctors and help them bring healing to Bill. Be with Bill and Deb's family and friends and guide them to be supportive and a source of Love and light to Bill and Deb. Amen.
  • dmj101
    dmj101 Member Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Prayers > Hugs > lots of
    Prayers > Hugs > lots of postive engery on the way..
  • fatbob2010
    fatbob2010 Member Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Prayers of Healing
    Lord I ask that you place your hedge of angels around this family as they pass this difficult time. Amen
  • jjaj133
    jjaj133 Member Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    So sorry about this Deb. My
    So sorry about this Deb. My sister's colon ruptured during a resection and she got peritonitis. She had us scared to death for a couple days but did fine. So Hang in there, there are lots of prayers coming your way.
    Hugs,
    Judy
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Options
    Dear Deb
    Prayers that Bill's next surgery is successful and his recovery an easy one.

Hugs
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Options

Dear Deb
    Prayers that Bill's next surgery is successful and his recovery an easy one.

Hugs

Deb sending prayers and good vibes from the
    other side of the pond!
    Wishing the best.Pepe.
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Praying
    I will certainly do that!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • Doc_Hawk
    Doc_Hawk Member Posts: 685
    Options
    Prayer
    Deb and Bill, I will certainly say a prayer for health, strength and peace of mind for you both.

God Bless

Doc/Ray
  • deb824
    deb824 Member Posts: 21
    Options
    tootsie1 said:

Praying
    I will certainly do that!

*hugs*
    Gail

Prayers
    Thanks to you all for your prayers!!! Saw Bill today, he is very bloated from all the fluids and has had two blood transfusions. He does have sepsis. Spoke to his surgeon and she said he has 3 teams watching and working with him...Next 48 hours are critical, it can still go either way.....so keep those prayers coming, I am staying positive when with Bill, but hanging on by a thread when I am alone. Friends have been great. My Step Dad died of Sepsis after heart surgery but he was 83. Mom died of breast cancer at 67 (20 years ago) My frame of reference for this does not have a good track record. I am trying to stay positive, but I am soo soooo scared. I know you can all relate!!! Thank you all for being there, and I will keep you updated.
    Deb