You girls are too wonderful

HootieGirl
HootieGirl Member Posts: 85
A BEAUTIFUL bouquet of flowers arrived on my door step Wednesday along with a wonderful note from the kindreds. Seriously, y'all are too sweet! It is displayed on my dining room table and continues to bring a smile to my face. I had a long day of appointments/procedures yesterday, but I got some good news as well! I had a Myelogram yesterday morning and for those of you who know what that is, you probably know its not fun. Its pretty much a spinal tap and its miserable and you have to lie down for 24 hours. After that I had an MRI of my pelvis which showed that one of the tumors in my right hip is actually just a sist and another tumor in my left hip is actually just muscle irritation. So I actually only have 3 new mets instead of 5 which is wonderful news.

My boyfriend was so incredible. He woke up at 4:00 and drove me down to the city at 4:30. He went to all of my appointments and took care of me while I had to lie down. He brought me a build a bear which we named Walter and then spent time with my family while I was in recovery. We actually had a great day even though it was full of appointments. I'm going to OKC Thunder game with my family on Sunday and then leaving for North Carolina to go on a little vacation with one of my girlfriends for the next week. Once I get back I will start treatments, but things are busy and thats exactly the way I like it. Still continuing to enjoy every day and cherish all of life's blessings. Thank you girls for caring so much and for the amazing flowers. Hope you all have an incredible Easter!

Kat

Comments

• grams2jc
    grams2jc Member Posts: 756
    You go girl!
    Have fun on your trip!

Great news on the 2 that weren't cancer!

Jennifet
  • SlowRollin
    SlowRollin Member Posts: 75
    Great News!
    I'm so glad you updated us on your progress. You have an amazing outlook on life; only you could look at 3 new mets as wonderful, and compared to five, it truly is. You have a great support group and I'm glad you're making every day count. Stay busy and keep smiling through this. Way to turn lemons into lemonade!!!

Happy Easter to you and yours as well.

Tony
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member

Great News!
    I'm so glad you updated us on your progress. You have an amazing outlook on life; only you could look at 3 new mets as wonderful, and compared to five, it truly is. You have a great support group and I'm glad you're making every day count. Stay busy and keep smiling through this. Way to turn lemons into lemonade!!!

Happy Easter to you and yours as well.

Tony

Yay!!!
    The flowers arrived!

Good news about the mets. And having a wonderful boyfriend and family.

We are walking with you, Kat.

xoxo
    Victoria
  • Dot53
    Dot53 Member Posts: 239 Member
    Sweet Kat..
    This is really encouraging news! So glad to hear you have a wonderful support system.. Your boyfriend sounds like a great guy!!!
    We will keep the power of prayer flowing your way...

All the best,
    Dot
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Yeah!!!
    So jazzed to hear your floral bouquet has arrived! You are a special dear to us, Kat. We love you and are happy to hear you are busy living life, no matter what. Enjoy your vacation and Happy Easter to you and yours!

Ines
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    kat
    The test does not sound pretty, but everything else.did! Glad they found that it is not as much as first thought, boyfriend sounds like a gem, and we have known since the beginning that your family is wonderful! Glad you got love.the flowers, you are so right these ladies are amazing and it is almost.like they are right here with you when you need them most. Hope this is the beginning of much more good news to follow.

Enjoy your get away.
    Hugs, Carol
  • Pam5
    Pam5 Member Posts: 232
    camul said:

kat
    The test does not sound pretty, but everything else.did! Glad they found that it is not as much as first thought, boyfriend sounds like a gem, and we have known since the beginning that your family is wonderful! Glad you got love.the flowers, you are so right these ladies are amazing and it is almost.like they are right here with you when you need them most. Hope this is the beginning of much more good news to follow.

Enjoy your get away.
    Hugs, Carol

Dear Kat
    This could be the beginning of much better news ahead. I am so pleased. What a great guy you have as well as a lovely family. Have a wonderful Easter and a great vacation. Remember we are all with you.

Hugs,
    Pam
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Pam5 said:

Dear Kat
    This could be the beginning of much better news ahead. I am so pleased. What a great guy you have as well as a lovely family. Have a wonderful Easter and a great vacation. Remember we are all with you.

Hugs,
    Pam

Promising news
    Hello Kat,
    Glad that the surprised flowers made you smile. Your boyfriend sounds as a treasure: very carrying and supportive, great job.
    Have a good time in North Carolina!
    New Flower
  • Frankie Shannon
    Frankie Shannon Member Posts: 457
    So glad the flowers bring a
    So glad the flowers bring a smile to you and that you got some good news.have fun on your vacation,here from you when you get back.Keep us posted.
    Hugs Frankie
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

So glad the flowers bring a
    So glad the flowers bring a smile to you and that you got some good news.have fun on your vacation,here from you when you get back.Keep us posted.
    Hugs Frankie

Our Rock Star!
    Kit Kat .. cyst and muscle irritation -- now that is news going in the right
    direction!

Vacation, Boyfriend and flowers -- You deserve all the Happiness, Love,
    and Health our World has to offer :-)

Continued prayers, positive thoughts and HOPE for a Cure.

Vicki Sam
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Such Good News
    Dear Kat,

I was so happy to read that two of the spots were non problems and perhaps radiation on the 3 others?

With all the stress you have been through I hope you have a great mini vacation in NC and a wonderful weekend with your parents.

Have some fun!

Doris
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    SIROD said:

Such Good News
    Dear Kat,

I was so happy to read that two of the spots were non problems and perhaps radiation on the 3 others?

With all the stress you have been through I hope you have a great mini vacation in NC and a wonderful weekend with your parents.

Have some fun!

Doris

Finally some better
    Finally some good news with the 2 spots.Things are looking better.I thought some chemo but they must feel radiation will work. I have been so worried I got the phone number of a young lady(21 yrs) dx with hip cancer. It was a rare form and one hospital had never seen it before.She was sent to another hospital and now in remission after almost 2 years.Thought maybe your parents might want to talk to hers.My husband and I think so much of her.She worked at a store we went to alot.Always kidding with my husband.We would say she's the daughter we never had.I know everyone is different but 2 young ladies the same age and dx with rare hip cancers was unusual.

All of your Pink Sisters are feeling better now and sure you, your wonderful boyfriend and family feel some relieve.Remember BELIEVE IN MIRACLES.

Have a wonderful trip.Come back and let us know how your doing as soon as you can.I am so happy you received some good news.

Thoughts and Prayers.

Lynn Smith
  • Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668

Finally some better
    Finally some good news with the 2 spots.Things are looking better.I thought some chemo but they must feel radiation will work. I have been so worried I got the phone number of a young lady(21 yrs) dx with hip cancer. It was a rare form and one hospital had never seen it before.She was sent to another hospital and now in remission after almost 2 years.Thought maybe your parents might want to talk to hers.My husband and I think so much of her.She worked at a store we went to alot.Always kidding with my husband.We would say she's the daughter we never had.I know everyone is different but 2 young ladies the same age and dx with rare hip cancers was unusual.

All of your Pink Sisters are feeling better now and sure you, your wonderful boyfriend and family feel some relieve.Remember BELIEVE IN MIRACLES.

Have a wonderful trip.Come back and let us know how your doing as soon as you can.I am so happy you received some good news.

Thoughts and Prayers.

Lynn Smith

Yay
    Im so happy to see your post. You are amazing girl!!! What a wonderfully positive attitude you have. Your boyfriend sounds like a keeper :)

What part of Oklahoma are you from? I was born at Ft Sill, my mom is from seminole and my dad lives in Lawton. Most of my family except my mom lives in Oklahoma. It's funny b/c I live 60 miles south of Austin home of the Longhorns and you will find me sportin" my OU hat and Tshirt lol. Boomer sooner all the way :)

I hope you have a great day and are feeling good. Take good care of yourself and remember that we all love you and we are praying for you.

Hugs and Gid bless,

Dawne
  • weazer
    weazer Member Posts: 440

Yay
    Im so happy to see your post. You are amazing girl!!! What a wonderfully positive attitude you have. Your boyfriend sounds like a keeper :)

What part of Oklahoma are you from? I was born at Ft Sill, my mom is from seminole and my dad lives in Lawton. Most of my family except my mom lives in Oklahoma. It's funny b/c I live 60 miles south of Austin home of the Longhorns and you will find me sportin" my OU hat and Tshirt lol. Boomer sooner all the way :)

I hope you have a great day and are feeling good. Take good care of yourself and remember that we all love you and we are praying for you.

Hugs and Gid bless,

Dawne

Good News
    Kat, Love your attitude have a wonderful Easter and vacation.
    It's nice to have someone that loves you bye your side "Boyfriend".
    Keep your chin up and have lots of FUN!
    Hugs...Karie
  • MsGebby
    MsGebby Member Posts: 659
    The Power of Prayer
    and your strength never cease to amaze me.

Keep on truckin' Kat!

Continued prayers and positive thoughts being sent your way.

xoxo
    Mary
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Enjoy your time
    and 3 is way better than 5!

Hugs and prayers cover you.
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hi Kat,
    Glad to hear the flowers arrive and gave you a little cheer. You are an amazing woman! Stay strong and remember we are here for you.

xoxo,
    Jean
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hi Kat,
    Sorry double post.
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    Jean 0609 said:

Hi Kat,
    Sorry double post.

You continue
    You continue to be an inspiration to all of us. So happy to hear you got some good news and that you have some fun plans coming up. Tell your boyfriend we thank him for being one of the good guys during all of this for you.

Praying that all the news you get from now on is only good news.

marge
  • Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    You Are Special
    Dear Kat,

You are special! Flowers do bring joy to the soul. Very happy to hear the news that one hip has a cyst and the other hip has muscle irritation. Two blessings!!!

I am not surprised that you would have a caring and thoughtful boyfriend.

May the news continue to be good. Good luck to you and have a wonderful vacation with your girlfriends. Girlfriends are special. They give us support, joy, and laughter.

Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle