Where is Eric?

Are you o.k? Eric. I haven't seen you post . I have been a bitt worried.
Love ya

barb

Comments

• chemosmoker
    chemosmoker Member Posts: 501
    Eric here....
    I am here. Been having allot of (unnecessary and otherwise manageable) pain due to a change in medication that should have not happened, and that should end today, thanks to Hospice. Waiting. Have not had the energy to post a lot the last few days, and had family here from Texas for the last two weeks, with a drive and visit to the hospital and oncologist in the middle. Then Hospice was here Friday, Saturday and again today the social worker is coming out, so it has been very hectic and I have not had the time online I would like. I have replied to several posts.
    Your concern is touching and makes me feel very warm inside.
    Guess I should post about my travails with medication, TennCare and Hospice, for the benefit of others to learn from!
    I will PM you tonight as all of this will be out of the way (God willing) finally by then!

-Eric
  • Joel C
    Joel C Member Posts: 174

Eric here....
    I am here. Been having allot of (unnecessary and otherwise manageable) pain due to a change in medication that should have not happened, and that should end today, thanks to Hospice. Waiting. Have not had the energy to post a lot the last few days, and had family here from Texas for the last two weeks, with a drive and visit to the hospital and oncologist in the middle. Then Hospice was here Friday, Saturday and again today the social worker is coming out, so it has been very hectic and I have not had the time online I would like. I have replied to several posts.
    Guess I should post about my travails with medication, TennCare and Hospice, for the benefit of others to learn from!
    I will PM you tonight as all of this will be out of the way (God willing) finally by then!

-Eric

It’s good to hear from Eric.
    I’m glad to see your post Eric. There are many here that have so much respect for your honesty and the person you are. What was it like to meet with hospice? It had to be surreal. Like you did I’m very close to making the decision to stop treatment of any kind. Tammy is not on board completely but we are getting closer to being on the same page. For the first time (that I know of) I saw Tammy completely breakdown. It was a cool day yesterday in NH so I started a small fire in the woodstove and we just relaxed and listened to some music. At one point I looked over and she was in pieces, I can’t tell you how much it hurt to see her like that.

Post when you can Eric and we’ll pray for the best for you.

Joel
  • adube
    adube Member Posts: 63

Eric here....

-Eric

All my love, sweetie! Hope
    All my love, sweetie! Hope they get those meds straightened out and you are feeling better soon <3

-Ali
    (daughter of Mike, IV)
  • mrsbotch
    mrsbotch Member Posts: 349

Eric here....

-Eric

Thanks Eric
    I did not realize that hospice was already there but I am glad they are . It will take the pain down a knotch for you and you will be able to relax more. I am sorry for all you are going thru7.

Write only when you can.

Much love

Barb
  • mrsbotch

Eric here....

-Eric

Thanks Eric
    I did not realize that hospice was already there but I am glad they are . It will take the pain down a knotch for you and you will be able to relax more. I am sorry for all you are going thru7.

Write only when you can.

Much love

Barb
  • jojoshort
    jojoshort Member Posts: 230 Member

Eric here....

-Eric

Good to see your post, Eric
    I,too, always look for your posts. You have such enthusiasm and a very caring way.
    Hope your meds are evened out, and that you are feeling better by now.
    Hospice rocks. So glad they are there when you need them.
    Peace,
    Jo-Ann
  • chemosmoker
    Joel C said:

It’s good to hear from Eric.
    I’m glad to see your post Eric. There are many here that have so much respect for your honesty and the person you are. What was it like to meet with hospice? It had to be surreal. Like you did I’m very close to making the decision to stop treatment of any kind. Tammy is not on board completely but we are getting closer to being on the same page. For the first time (that I know of) I saw Tammy completely breakdown. It was a cool day yesterday in NH so I started a small fire in the woodstove and we just relaxed and listened to some music. At one point I looked over and she was in pieces, I can’t tell you how much it hurt to see her like that.

Post when you can Eric and we’ll pray for the best for you.

Joel

THANK YOU ALL and HOSPICE....
    Joel and EVERYONE responding (Except the FLAGGED idiot on the political rant! ARG!),

Yes I am okay and I sure was moved to log in tonight and see all of this love for me.
    I am in tears.
    THANK YOU ALL!
    I NEED ALL OF YOU TOO, and DITTO to everything that was shared; back at ya'!
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

What was it like to meet with hospice?

It will be the BEST thing that EVER happened to you AND you wife, Joel!
    I can't remember who said it, but HOSPICE ROCKS!! DO NOT FEAR CALLING THEM NOW!!!!
    They are wonderful. I was put on Morphine simply because the Tennessee TennCare system will not approve almost any pain meds for terminal cancer patients. I think it is some sort of inside cruel joke. Anyway, as a result I was put on Morphine for no other reason than that, when the Oxycontin/Oxycodone was working wonders, I was pain-FREE and happy. Arrrrg!

I asked my Oncologist on Wednesday the 14th for a referral to Hospice and she agreed that was a good idea (That's HOW you get them involved by the way). She said they have NO rules on the pain meds and any other meds too-and they DON'T! They get you what you need, fast.
    Hospice called the morning of the 15th (Thursday) and then the Hospice nurse came out Friday. She WOULD have been out Thursday but I was not around! THAT'S how fast they respond to your needs!

I had my good old Oxycontin and Oxycodone immediately afterwards! THAT was the fastest and easiest prescription I have ever had to date. They do it a little different in each city, but that's just semantics. They will refill my scripts every two weeks (without asking or fighting or claims!) so it's easier to change the dosages and meds as needed, they give me more than I actually need (so you NEVER run out) and they get you extra things, like a RECLINER to sleep in, and they will come out any time 24 hours a day, they help with counseling for Michelle and for me, grief counseling, aftercare for the family and Michelle for when I am gone, they can help with HOUSING needs, transportation, gas, food, bath aids, oxygen, J-Tube food supplies, IV hydration on 24 hour call and on and on the list goes. They are wonderful. Best part, since Hospice is designed as end-of-life care, there is NO CHARGE for anything they do. No co-pays, nothing! I just picked up my latest prescriptions today and they just handed them to me. Easy-Breezy!!! Believe me, I could go on. They have a Chaplin coming out tomorrow to discuss spiritual issues with us. They have a social worker coming out tomorrow as well, to talk about burial issues and many other things we need to think about, dealing with my life for the next YEAR or two. These are not people you call in the last weeks of life folks, that is a BIG misconception!

YOU WANT HOSPICE involved from the DAY you either STOP chemo and treatment, or the day you are diagnosed (as I SHOULD have) if you are incurable and not seeking curative treatment. THAT is the only requirement; that you are not seeking a CURE. You can STILL do CHEMO and radiation with most Hospices around here, as long as it is PALLIATIVE and not curative!
    WOW! Did I say Hospice was cool? LOL

THAT is how Hospice works my friends. So ANYONE debating calling them, do yourself a HUG FAVOR...STOP and CALL NOW! They have taken SO much of the BURDEN off of Michelle!!
    They are the greatest thing since William and Loretta! LOL

Love to all. I will post again starting tomorrow!
    -Eric
  • adube
    adube Member Posts: 63

Joel and EVERYONE responding (Except the FLAGGED idiot on the political rant! ARG!),

Yes I am okay and I sure was moved to log in tonight and see all of this love for me.
    I am in tears.
    THANK YOU ALL!
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

I can't remember who said it, but HOSPICE ROCKS!! DO NOT FEAR CALLING THEM NOW!!!!
    They are wonderful. I was put on Morphine simply because the Tennessee TennCare system will not approve almost any pain meds for terminal cancer patients. I think it is some sort of inside cruel joke. Anyway, as a result I was put on Morphine for no other reason than that, when the Oxycontin/Oxycodone was working wonders, I was pain-FREE and happy. Arrrrg!

I asked my Oncologist on Wednesday the 14th for a referral to Hospice and she agreed that was a good idea (That's HOW you get them involved by the way). She said they have NO rules on the pain meds and any other meds too-and they DON'T! They get you what you need, fast.
    Hospice called the morning of the 15th (Thursday) and then the Hospice nurse came out Friday. She WOULD have been out Thursday but I was not around! THAT'S how fast they respond to your needs!

I had my good old Oxycontin and Oxycodone immediately afterwards! THAT was the fastest and easiest prescription I have ever had to date. They do it a little different in each city, but that's just semantics. They will refill my scripts every two weeks (without asking or fighting or claims!) so it's easier to change the dosages and meds as needed, they give me more than I actually need (so you NEVER run out) and they get you extra things, like a RECLINER to sleep in, and they will come out any time 24 hours a day, they help with counseling for Michelle and for me, grief counseling, aftercare for the family and Michelle for when I am gone, they can help with HOUSING needs, transportation, gas, food, bath aids, oxygen, J-Tube food supplies, IV hydration on 24 hour call and on and on the list goes. They are wonderful. Best part, since Hospice is designed as end-of-life care, there is NO CHARGE for anything they do. No co-pays, nothing! I just picked up my latest prescriptions today and they just handed them to me. Easy-Breezy!!! Believe me, I could go on. They have a Chaplin coming out tomorrow to discuss spiritual issues with us. They have a social worker coming out tomorrow as well, to talk about burial issues and many other things we need to think about, dealing with my life for the next YEAR or two. These are not people you call in the last weeks of life folks, that is a BIG misconception!

YOU WANT HOSPICE involved from the DAY you either STOP chemo and treatment, or the day you are diagnosed (as I SHOULD have) if you are incurable and not seeking curative treatment. THAT is the only requirement; that you are not seeking a CURE. You can STILL do CHEMO and radiation with most Hospices around here, as long as it is PALLIATIVE and not curative!

THAT is how Hospice works my friends. So ANYONE debating calling them, do yourself a HUG FAVOR...STOP and CALL NOW! They have taken SO much of the BURDEN off of Michelle!!

-Eric

Awesome!
    I am SOOOO SOOOOO SOOOOOOOOOO glad to hear they are taking such good care of you, kiddo. :) YAY HOSPICE!!!

Big Cyber Hugs,
    Ali

(daughter of Mike, IV)
  • THANK YOU ALL and HOSPICE....

I am in tears.
    THANK YOU ALL!

-Eric

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • Ericalynn
    Ericalynn Member Posts: 200

I am in tears.
    THANK YOU ALL!

-Eric

You always make me smile
    I know this sounds crazy but reading your post this morning made me smile. None of us can change your diagnosis ( wish I could) but there is NO reason to have pain or suffer. Hospice is wonderful but they do get a bad rap, but look at you are out there educating everyone on how they work Good for YOU (sorry Lee for the CAPS). What do (did) you do for a living Educator by chance? Well any way glad they straightened out your meds. This country and the health care profession needs major education on pain control. It is 2011 people should NOT be in pain. I wish you pain free days my friend and a beautiful Tennessee fall weather. Now that your pain is under control I am hoping that we see more post from you. You know I love your writing skills. Well need to get ready for work! Hoping you have a pain free day today
    Your Friend Erica!
  • mishti
    mishti Member Posts: 24
    I am touched to see so much
    I am touched to see so much love and care that the members have on this board. It looks like there a small family which exists here. I don't post regularly but always make it an aim to visit this forum to get update on everyone. Eric ...we are so glad to hear from you...keep posting....
  • TerryV
    TerryV Member Posts: 887

I am in tears.
    THANK YOU ALL!

-Eric

Hospice DOES Rock!
    Hospice has been on my annual donation list for years. They are wonderful and fulfill such an incredible need.

It's wonderful to hear that you've found a comfortable level with them already. And even better that you have got the proper meds back in your days. I hope this improves the quality of your days for both you and Michelle.

And thanks to you also, Eric. Not to be a parrot, but your enthusiasm is infectious and your words do make me smile. Always lovely to see your posts. I am certain that you make a difference in people lives!

all the love possible back atcha!

Terry
  • paul61
    paul61 Member Posts: 1,392 Member

I am in tears.
    THANK YOU ALL!

-Eric

Great to hear you are getting the help you need
    Eric,

It is good to hear you are getting support. It is also comforting to us to hear that there is that kind of help out there. As a survivor the shadow of recurrence is always there and candidly it is the pain that I fear the most. Good to hear that is not nessesary.

May you have many good days ahead!!

Best regards,

Paul Adams,

McCormick, South Carolina
  • chemosmoker

I am in tears.
    THANK YOU ALL!

-Eric

THANKS GO TO SHERRI....
    ALL credit and thanks go directly to Sherri!!
    SHE is the one who taught me about Hospice last week, and the reason I called and asked for the referral!!

THANK YOU Sherri...
    You have AGAIN changed someone's life for the better.
    (AND you deserve all the kudos and praise)

-Eric
  • chemosmoker
    mishti said:

I am touched to see so much
    I am touched to see so much love and care that the members have on this board. It looks like there a small family which exists here. I don't post regularly but always make it an aim to visit this forum to get update on everyone. Eric ...we are so glad to hear from you...keep posting....

PAIN FREE TUESDAY MORNING!!
    Good morning to everyone!

I am going to catch up and read posts now!

I am having the most excellent PAIN-FREE Tuesday morning now!
    Waiting for the Chaplin and the Social Worker from Hospice today and it is BEAUTIFUL outside!

The sun is shining and the trees are turning colors and Michelle is happy and the coffee is good.

Thanks to all of you for the love and support. I am back. I am happy, and I am enjoying my life again, as it should be.

Thanks be to Hospice, Sherri, and ALL OF YOU, my family, for the love, support, and encouragement.

-Eric
  • jss2011
    jss2011 Member Posts: 132

Waiting for the Chaplin and the Social Worker from Hospice today and it is BEAUTIFUL outside!

The sun is shining and the trees are turning colors and Michelle is happy and the coffee is good.

Thanks to all of you for the love and support. I am back. I am happy, and I am enjoying my life again, as it should be.

Thanks be to Hospice, Sherri, and ALL OF YOU, my family, for the love, support, and encouragement.

-Eric

Pain Free is Good!!
    Enjoy

Pain Free is Good!!

Enjoy this beautiful day! I read about your little piece of paradise, sounds perfect!

Hugs,
    Julie
  • mrsbotch

-Eric

To an amazing man
    You are my hero Eric. I love all the e-mails that we have sent each other and I am thrilled for you regarding hospice. Sherry also told me a long time ago how great they were for Jim.

I love you Eric and I love your wife. She has done a wonderful job taking care of her man and now its time for her to have some help. Stay painfree and happy my friend.

Love to you always

Barbara
  • mrsbotch

-Eric

To an amazing man
    You are my hero Eric. I love all the e-mails that we have sent each other and I am thrilled for you regarding hospice. Sherry also told me a long time ago how great they were for Jim.

I love you Eric and I love your wife. She has done a wonderful job taking care of her man and now its time for her to have some help. Stay painfree and happy my friend.

Love to you always

Barbara
  • chemosmoker
    mrsbotch said:

To an amazing man

Love to you always

Barbara

Thank you Barbara!
    Barbara,

You touch me every day in ways you don't even realize. I look forward to our next emails as well. Thank you for this loving email. You are truly a saint, a gift from God to me.

Love you,
    Eric
  • THANKS GO TO SHERRI....
    ALL credit and thanks go directly to Sherri!!
    SHE is the one who taught me about Hospice last week, and the reason I called and asked for the referral!!

THANK YOU Sherri...
    You have AGAIN changed someone's life for the better.
    (AND you deserve all the kudos and praise)

-Eric

This comment has been removed by the Moderator