My Hair Hurts! Really?

2»

Comments

• jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

Kari
    I'm so sorry that you must go through this again. My scalp didn't hurt as far as I can remember but I do remember reading how nice a satin pillow case feels on the scalp so I bought one. Maybe that is why mine didn't bother me when i lost my hair. My thoughts and prayers are with you Kari.
    Hugs,
    Annette

Prayers coming your way from
    Prayers coming your way from me Kari!

Love, Leeza
  • weazer
    weazer Member Posts: 440
    mamolady said:

Kari,
    Hopefully all the

Kari,
    Hopefully all the advice from others will help with the issues now. For the future, not all chemos will make your hair fall out. It may still come back depending on the type of chemo.
    For now, you may want to leave your head uncovered at home? It may help.

Cindy

Ouch
    Hi Kari, my hair hurt like crazy also, I always used a very gentle baby shampoo and a lil baby oil on scalp and it seemed too help. I hope your feeling better soon.
    Take care sister and also when I was at home which was alot I never put any wig or scarf on unless I left the house.

Lots of Hugs Karie
  • jnl
    missrenee said:

Kari, I had a few of those sores/bumps
    as well. Maybe your doc has something to ease the pain/itching. When I had no hair, I hated the darn wigs--as I've said here many times--felt like a dead animal on my head. So, I really tried to rock the cool scarves that are out there now. I had my best luck with a website called headcovers.com. They were reasonably priced, always had some on sale and I found the pure cotton to be the most comfortable. I did have a few in more of a translucent chiffon type fabric for "dressy" occasions! I also used a little terry cloth skull cap type of thing that I bought on line underneath. That helped the scarves stay on and I didn't look like such a pinhead!

Stay strong, Kari--we're all with you.

Hugs, Renee

I don't know anything about
    I don't know anything about this, but, I just wanted to tell you how good it is to see you posting Kari! Praying for you!

Love, Leeza
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    mruczko said:

Hair hurts
    Kari:
    My scalp hurt so bad, the only way I could tolerate the shower was to hold the spray nozzle (barely a trickle) close to my scalp. Bought an expensive wig which I couldn't wear, it was too painful. I bought some chic headscarves from topsyturban.com, you can get them prefolded, just put them on, slip the ends through, tie the ends - voila! I liked the ones with the fabric in a little "waterfall" down the back. They have inexpensive sleep caps as well.
    All the best to you and many hugs,
    Marlene

I am very sorry Kari that
    I am very sorry Kari that you have to go thru this with chemo again. I am praying for you daily!

Hugs, Kylez
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    mamolady said:

Kari,
    Hopefully all the

Kari,
    Hopefully all the advice from others will help with the issues now. For the future, not all chemos will make your hair fall out. It may still come back depending on the type of chemo.
    For now, you may want to leave your head uncovered at home? It may help.

Cindy

Looks like the pink sisters
    Looks like the pink sisters have given you some good advice Kari. I am not a lot of help to you since I didn't have chemo. Praying for you and that this treatment works!

♠♣ Love, Susie ♠♣
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    susie09 said:

Looks like the pink sisters
    Looks like the pink sisters have given you some good advice Kari. I am not a lot of help to you since I didn't have chemo. Praying for you and that this treatment works!

♠♣ Love, Susie ♠♣

hair
    When my hair started coming out ... I had a friend shave it all off ... and things were fine for a few days ... then I got a "lovely" rash on my head ... red bumps etc. The oncologist sent me to a dermatologist ... and she fixed me up with some stuff that worked great. Don't remember the name ... but it was a prescription ... foamy kind of stuff that squirted out of a can ... and I rubbed it on a couple of times a day ... and after a few days the old head was fine ... and the rash thing never came back.

Good luck.

hugs.
    Teena
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    VickiSam said:

Yes, tight pony tail feeling all over my entire scalp..
    then come the burn, rash and pimple like cyst. My Oncologist suggested -- Neutrogena T-Gel shampoo .. which helped with rash and pimples.

So awful and painful -- like you and others need another thing to worry about!

Please take care -- and keep hands, fingers away from touching your scalp. I didn't and end up with infected follicles -- yep. Antibiotics then prescribed.

Vicki Sam

Kari, you and Laurissa are
    Kari, you and Laurissa are both always in my prayers.
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    mruczko said:

Hair hurts
    Kari:
    My scalp hurt so bad, the only way I could tolerate the shower was to hold the spray nozzle (barely a trickle) close to my scalp. Bought an expensive wig which I couldn't wear, it was too painful. I bought some chic headscarves from topsyturban.com, you can get them prefolded, just put them on, slip the ends through, tie the ends - voila! I liked the ones with the fabric in a little "waterfall" down the back. They have inexpensive sleep caps as well.
    All the best to you and many hugs,
    Marlene

Just good to see you post
    Just good to see you post Kari!

Hugs, Angie
  • jnl

it was extreme
    My scalp hurt soooo bad, it was extreme! I had no bumps, but like some of the other ladies said, it was more like a bad sunburn...no, not any sunburn - the worst ever! The good news is, once the hair was gone, the relief was immediate. The pain was gone.

I too am a sister who is on chemo "forever", today was week #72. This includes 62 weeks of infusions and 10(and a half) weeks on 13 chemo pills daily.

Best wishes to you Kari. Marsha

Thinking and praying for you
    Thinking and praying for you Kari, Laurissa and Marsha!

Big hugs, Leeza
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    tgf said:

hair
    When my hair started coming out ... I had a friend shave it all off ... and things were fine for a few days ... then I got a "lovely" rash on my head ... red bumps etc. The oncologist sent me to a dermatologist ... and she fixed me up with some stuff that worked great. Don't remember the name ... but it was a prescription ... foamy kind of stuff that squirted out of a can ... and I rubbed it on a couple of times a day ... and after a few days the old head was fine ... and the rash thing never came back.

Good luck.

hugs.
    Teena

Thinking of you Kari and
    Thinking of you Kari and wanted to say hi! Post an update when you can!

Hugs,

Diane
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    DianeBC said:

Thinking of you Kari and
    Thinking of you Kari and wanted to say hi! Post an update when you can!

Hugs,

Diane

Lint brush
    I know when my head hurt after my hair starting falling out and had my head shaved I would take a lint brush that had the tape on it several times a day to my head and would take the loose stubbles off and would make my head feel alot better. I would also put suntan lotion on it that had aloe in it.

Margo
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    laurissa said:

Kari
    Its strange we're on the same stuff, but hair is not hurting yet, but it is coming out alot in the brush. I just had my 3rd round chemo last wednesday. I never did have bumps either, just the tight pony tail feeling. But, my wigs are waiting. Maybe another week or two. I wish you the best with your treatment. I'll be on mine for 6 mos to a year.

Praying for you too
    Praying for you too Laurissa. I wish there was some way I could help you and Kari both.

Sue :)
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member

Lint brush
    I know when my head hurt after my hair starting falling out and had my head shaved I would take a lint brush that had the tape on it several times a day to my head and would take the loose stubbles off and would make my head feel alot better. I would also put suntan lotion on it that had aloe in it.

Margo

I've read on here of several
    I've read on here of several others using the lint brush too Margo. Maybe that will help Kari?

You are in my prayers,

Kylez
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Kylez said:

I've read on here of several
    I've read on here of several others using the lint brush too Margo. Maybe that will help Kari?

You are in my prayers,

Kylez

Kari thinking of you
    Karia,
    Sorry it is very tough. Thinking of you
    New Flower
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598

Kari thinking of you
    Karia,
    Sorry it is very tough. Thinking of you
    New Flower

Praying and thinking of you
    Praying and thinking of you Kari and hoping to see an update soon.

Hugs, Lex
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Alexis F said:

Praying and thinking of you
    Praying and thinking of you Kari and hoping to see an update soon.

Hugs, Lex

Kari, how is your treatment?
    Kari, how is your treatment? I hope to see an update soon.
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    CAchick said:

Me, too!
    Hi Kari,
    My head hurt at first during chemo, before the hair came out. Especially when I lay down at night and my head was on the pillow...Sorry you are having this experience again. Hugs to you...
    Sybil

First thing I do is look for
    First thing I do is look for an update from you Kari and I am scared now that I haven't seen any. Hoping and praying that you are doing well on chemo.

♠♣ Love, Susie ♠♣
  • atiredparent
    atiredparent Member Posts: 45
    I had chemo 2 yesterday. My
    I had chemo 2 yesterday. My hair hurts, I have some bumps, itching and of course it hurts to itch. My hair is falling out with the dark hair first. This morning I have only the gray/white hair left and it hurts a little less. My head is shaved to a buzz cut. I found using a natural ingredient mosturizing lotion has helped with the itching and pain. Also I have found wearing a loose scarf right now is better than a hat or beanie that is too tight.
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000

I had chemo 2 yesterday. My
    I had chemo 2 yesterday. My hair hurts, I have some bumps, itching and of course it hurts to itch. My hair is falling out with the dark hair first. This morning I have only the gray/white hair left and it hurts a little less. My head is shaved to a buzz cut. I found using a natural ingredient mosturizing lotion has helped with the itching and pain. Also I have found wearing a loose scarf right now is better than a hat or beanie that is too tight.

Thinking of you also Kari!

Hugs, Megan
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Megan M said:

Hugs, Megan

Prayers and positive
    Prayers and positive thoughts for you!

♥ Kristin ♥