Shout Out To Marsha Mulvey

DianeBC
DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
How are you doing now Marsha? I remember you were having a hard time the last time you posted.

Hugs, Diane

Comments

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Marsha ....
    We are thinking and praying for you, your health and strength. Please let us know how you are doing, dear Sister.

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    VickiSam said:

Marsha ....
    We are thinking and praying for you, your health and strength. Please let us know how you are doing, dear Sister.

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam

Praying for you
    Praying for you Marsha!

Hugs!
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Noel said:

Praying for you
    Praying for you Marsha!

Hugs!

Thinking of you too
    Thinking of you too Marsha!

Love, Leeza
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    jnl said:

Thinking of you too
    Thinking of you too Marsha!

Love, Leeza

functioning (miserably)
    I'm here and still kicking, but...maybe not as high! Thanks for asking and lifting me up with thoughts and prayer.

I had a scan this morning to see if this miserable 2 1/2 months of Tykerb and Xeloda has been working well on the cancer. I'll see Dr. S on Friday for results, discussion, decisions, etc. A lot has happened in the last couple of weeks since I posted. Two weeks ago today I called the doctor because I'd been very congested for 3 days. My onc was out of the office for the week and another doc ordered me an antibiotic - it didn't work and I even started feeling like I wasn't getting enough air, even when my breathing was OK. I was very "winded" and felt exhausted if I did the least thing, like walking to my car or cleaning up the dishes. I could breathe but it's hard to explain that you just feel like the oxygen isn't being used - or something. So, one week ago today I called back and tried to explain to the doc (mine was still out of the office), she immediately set me up to go to the hospital for a chest/lung scan, fearing a possible blood clot. The next day Dr. S was back and saw the results, which were good - pulmonary arteries and lungs all appear to be OK. He decided (and I agreed) to send me on Friday for another echocardiogram to see if perhaps the Tykerb has effected the heart function. Like Herceptin, it is known to sometimes cause a problem with the ejection fraction rate. Let's face it, I had 60 infusions of Herceptin and have been on Tykerb for 10 more weeks (along with other chemo too) and it's got to be hard on your body.

I made the decision last Wednesday not to take the Xeloda due to the way I felt and Dr. S agreed, though he told me to continue with the daily Tykerb. Since then, I have had a couple of days when the "oxygen thing" hasn't been quite as bad, but overall, IT IS a very real issue! I have continued to work, but haven't been doing my usual cleaning, etc. Today my sister came and helped me get a few things done that I haven't done for the past 2 weeks - not asked for, but the help was much appreciated!

The reason for my title is that when David, the Scan Man asked me this morning how I was doing, my answer without any thought or hesitation was, "I'm functioning miserably." I imagine my onc will wait for Friday to give me all the results of these diagnostics. (I keep telling myself it's just a few more days).

I will post to share with you when I get some answers. Meantime, please keep the positive thoughts and prayers coming! Thanks again.
    Marsha
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member

functioning (miserably)
    I'm here and still kicking, but...maybe not as high! Thanks for asking and lifting me up with thoughts and prayer.

I had a scan this morning to see if this miserable 2 1/2 months of Tykerb and Xeloda has been working well on the cancer. I'll see Dr. S on Friday for results, discussion, decisions, etc. A lot has happened in the last couple of weeks since I posted. Two weeks ago today I called the doctor because I'd been very congested for 3 days. My onc was out of the office for the week and another doc ordered me an antibiotic - it didn't work and I even started feeling like I wasn't getting enough air, even when my breathing was OK. I was very "winded" and felt exhausted if I did the least thing, like walking to my car or cleaning up the dishes. I could breathe but it's hard to explain that you just feel like the oxygen isn't being used - or something. So, one week ago today I called back and tried to explain to the doc (mine was still out of the office), she immediately set me up to go to the hospital for a chest/lung scan, fearing a possible blood clot. The next day Dr. S was back and saw the results, which were good - pulmonary arteries and lungs all appear to be OK. He decided (and I agreed) to send me on Friday for another echocardiogram to see if perhaps the Tykerb has effected the heart function. Like Herceptin, it is known to sometimes cause a problem with the ejection fraction rate. Let's face it, I had 60 infusions of Herceptin and have been on Tykerb for 10 more weeks (along with other chemo too) and it's got to be hard on your body.

I made the decision last Wednesday not to take the Xeloda due to the way I felt and Dr. S agreed, though he told me to continue with the daily Tykerb. Since then, I have had a couple of days when the "oxygen thing" hasn't been quite as bad, but overall, IT IS a very real issue! I have continued to work, but haven't been doing my usual cleaning, etc. Today my sister came and helped me get a few things done that I haven't done for the past 2 weeks - not asked for, but the help was much appreciated!

The reason for my title is that when David, the Scan Man asked me this morning how I was doing, my answer without any thought or hesitation was, "I'm functioning miserably." I imagine my onc will wait for Friday to give me all the results of these diagnostics. (I keep telling myself it's just a few more days).

I will post to share with you when I get some answers. Meantime, please keep the positive thoughts and prayers coming! Thanks again.
    Marsha

I am so sorry Marsha, but,
    I am so sorry Marsha, but, glad to see your posting to us. I will be praying for you on Friday!

And do let us know your results when you can.

Hugs, Kylez
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Kylez said:

I am so sorry Marsha, but,
    I am so sorry Marsha, but, glad to see your posting to us. I will be praying for you on Friday!

And do let us know your results when you can.

Hugs, Kylez

Marsh I am very sorry and sending you a big hus
    Thank you for the update. I am very sorry and wishing you to be pleased with your doctor's visit and scan results.
    Big hug and positive energy is coming to you.
    New Flower
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member

Marsh I am very sorry and sending you a big hus
    Thank you for the update. I am very sorry and wishing you to be pleased with your doctor's visit and scan results.
    Big hug and positive energy is coming to you.
    New Flower

Marsha,
    Sorry that this is

Marsha,
    Sorry that this is an issue and praying and hoping they will find out the cause and eleviate the problem. Your body has been subjected to many treatments that can take a toll. Big hug in the meantime and let us know what the results of the tests show.
    Stef
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    fauxma said:

Marsha,
    Sorry that this is

Marsha,
    Sorry that this is an issue and praying and hoping they will find out the cause and eleviate the problem. Your body has been subjected to many treatments that can take a toll. Big hug in the meantime and let us know what the results of the tests show.
    Stef

Oh Marsha,
    I'm praying all checks out good with your heart. I know they had to keep checking mine with the Herceptin. Please let us know the results.

Keeping you in thought,

Sylvia
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    sea60 said:

Oh Marsha,
    I'm praying all checks out good with your heart. I know they had to keep checking mine with the Herceptin. Please let us know the results.

Keeping you in thought,

Sylvia

Marsha
    so glad to see you post even though you're going through a lot! Sending you strength, courage and hope.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member

functioning (miserably)

Marsha

For Marsha
    I don't post often, but read your postings all the time. I am sending positive thoughts to you as always.

Best,

Doris