Please help

KimRon
KimRon Member Posts: 1
edited May 2011 in Skin Cancer #1
My mother had vaginal melanoma four years ago. She had a surgery and took Interferon for a year. She did a pet ct scan a week ago and it showed a mesenteric nodule measures 1.2 cm in the left side of the abdomen. What are the treatment options for her. Please help. Thank you.

Comments

• beacon
    beacon Member Posts: 77
    bump

bump
  • LynnLuc
    LynnLuc Member Posts: 22
    I have stage 4 melanoma
    There are several treatments she can do...I am currently NED ( no evidence of disease) I had radiation, took Temodar and had surgery. I also am enrolled in a anti pd 1 trial with peptides at Moffitt Cancer Center with Dr Weber.

Perhpas go to melanoma.org and visit where all the posters either have melanoma or provide care for a loved one with melanoma.Our treatment is different from other cancers...thanks, Lynn
  • Kellie_T
    Kellie_T Member Posts: 19
    LynnLuc said:

I have stage 4 melanoma
    There are several treatments she can do...I am currently NED ( no evidence of disease) I had radiation, took Temodar and had surgery. I also am enrolled in a anti pd 1 trial with peptides at Moffitt Cancer Center with Dr Weber.

Perhpas go to melanoma.org and visit where all the posters either have melanoma or provide care for a loved one with melanoma.Our treatment is different from other cancers...thanks, Lynn

Dr. Weber
    Lynn,

I'm in a Phase I trial at Moffitt also (headed up by Dr. Weber). It's an IV infusion and seven leg injections. I wonder if we were in the same trial? I am also currently NED an hope to stay that way.
  • Robinredbreast
    Robinredbreast Member Posts: 2
    Try National Institute of Health Website
    National Institute of Health in Bethesda, MD has free clinical trials, after you are accepted they will pay your plane fare. I was on TIL and it works on 70% of people. Not me, they think because I had biochemo. go there if you can. Best.
  • millard
    millard Member Posts: 9

Try National Institute of Health Website
    National Institute of Health in Bethesda, MD has free clinical trials, after you are accepted they will pay your plane fare. I was on TIL and it works on 70% of people. Not me, they think because I had biochemo. go there if you can. Best.

National Cancer place
    I am going to write them and let them I am an unhappy patient of UCLA and I will let them think about helping me.
    I am recovering melanoma pt now but who knows about the future, good to plan.